Here's the Criminal Complaint: USA v Charles F. Ludington (Ludco)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    INDYGUNSAFETY & HOOSIER9---------- I think both of your post are off topic a little. Maybe it would be easier to start a new thread, take it to PM's or maybe just drop it all together.

You both make valid points and neither of you are going to agree to disagree.

JUST MY .02

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    :laugh: I love it. The more you run your mouth the more stupid you look, while I run up reps from other shop owners for smacking you down. I'm sorry, no ATF application forthcoming. My job as an airline captain is much more rewarding and demanding of my skill and education... and it pays much better!

Oh, and Don's Guns charges $100 for a transfer. So please continue to open your mouth and remove all doubt as to whether you have any idea what you are talking about.

I would say that most dealers don't charge $100 for transfers, so pointing out what one of the worst dealers in the Indianapolis metro area charges is hardly the foundation for a Charlie Scheen type of win. :twocents:

I'm not suggesting that you need to roll over on what you believe in, but you come across very poorly in this thread. Name calling and the condescending tone aren't needed. :noway:

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I read the entire thing and frankly if it has gone done as it did he needs to be jailed and shut down. Guns traced to many other states as well as out of country like they where mixed with what happened in the undercover situations is just down right wrong. I am a big tike gun lover as most on this sight are but I am also a big time law follower. I may not like them but I follow them. Thats what makes me different from the monsters we walk among everyday. I for one am glad the shut him down. We all should be because HE was wrong in what he did if it happened as was stated. He has his day in court but it seems pretty blatent to me.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I would say that most dealers don't charge $100 for transfers, so pointing out what one of the worst dealers in the Indianapolis metro area charges is hardly the foundation for a Charlie Scheen type of win. :twocents:

I'm not suggesting that you need to roll over on what you believe in, but you come across very poorly in this thread. Name calling and the condescending tone aren't needed. :noway:

When a person attacks me or my business I am going to respond as I see fit.

Worst dealer? What makes him the "worst"? His prices? I may not follow or agree with Don's business model, but he does move product, tries to do so legally, and has been in the community for 38 years while many others have come and gone. I was simply pointing out he charges $100 for transfers as Hoosier9 in his post incorrectly pointed out that he knew of no shop that charged that much.

Don't like the condescending tone? Don't make ignorant comments (not that you did) about the industry or those of us who try very hard to follow the rules. I think you know what you can do with that "thumb!" :D

Anyway.. back to the THREAD... does anyone have any REAL news about this case?

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    :laugh: I love it. The more you run your mouth the more stupid you look, while I run up reps from other shop owners for smacking you down. I'm sorry, no ATF application forthcoming. My job as an airline captain is much more rewarding and demanding of my skill and education... and it pays much better!

Also, the BATFE and the National Shooting Sports Foundation together state that FFL's are the "First line of defense". I make no apologies for taking that seriously.

Oh, and Don's Guns charges $100 for a transfer. So please continue to open your mouth and remove all doubt as to whether you have any idea what you are talking about.

I tend to avoid fly-by-night part-time "dealers" and overpriced shops in the ghetto, so maybe I am a bit mistaken about your horrible plight of having to keep log books and check forms for accuracy. Perhaps legitimate gun shops just have a different business model. Congratulations on all of the rep, first FFL circle jerk I've ever heard of. :):

Don's Guns? Nothing else needs to be said. Thank you.

I'm done. Nothing else to be said regarding the original story, really. Idiot taunts the Fed agency that regulates his business, Feds investigate idiot, idiot commits felonies while being recorded and can't be bothered to follow the requirements of his business, idiot goes to jail, Feds take his stuff, idiot bonds out and has to stay home. Idiot will have a trial.

Cliff notes provided, free of charge. :)

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Hoosier9 and IndyGunSafety WILL drop this off-topic discussion. If you want to debate business models, start a new thread. You both are way too close to the line of acceptable behavior on here and will knock off the thinly veiled insults and innuendos. That is all.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I tend to avoid fly-by-night part-time "dealers" and overpriced shops in the ghetto, so maybe I am a bit mistaken about your horrible plight of having to keep log books and check forms for accuracy. Perhaps legitimate gun shops just have a different business model. Congratulations on all of the rep, first FFL circle jerk I've ever heard of. :):

Don's Guns? Nothing else needs to be said. Thank you.

I'm done. Nothing else to be said regarding the original story, really. Idiot taunts the Fed agency that regulates his business, Feds investigate idiot, idiot commits felonies while being recorded and can't be bothered to follow the requirements of his business, idiot goes to jail, Feds take his stuff, idiot bonds out and has to stay home. Idiot will have a trial.

Cliff notes provided, free of charge. :)

More attempted insults, no facts. That's all you've got. Your last paragraph really shows how small minded you are.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Hoosier9 and IndyGunSafety WILL drop this off-topic discussion. If you want to debate business models, start a new thread. You both are way too close to the line of acceptable behavior on here and will knock off the thinly veiled insults and innuendos. That is all.

Nobody attacks my business. Especially those that know nothing about it. Strange how unrelated off topic discussions go on for 30 pages on the "Bad Experience with IMPD" thread, but when one of your paying advertisers gets attacked you just sit back and let it happen.

I made a post related to the topic and he attacked with his smart-#$%, uniformed mouth. Where were you then?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Paying to advertise doesn't give you license to break the rules. If you'll notice, I warned both you AND Hoosier9 to knock it off. Defend your business all you like, but do so without name-calling and thinly veiled insults. Hoosier9 may have questioned your publicly stated business practices but his original post in response to yours was far from an attack. I'm telling you now to let this go and simmer down. One more post on this matter and you will be taking a vacation from INGO for a while. I'm not kidding.

Patrolman1981

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Richmond, In
    BIG TROUBLES AT LUDCO GUN SHOP

I'm sure everybody has heard the news of Ludco being raided by the ATF and owner Fred Ludington being arrested for illegal firearm sales to felons, aliens, and allowing straw purchases. Please voice your thought and opinions here.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'm sure everybody has heard the news of Ludco being raided by the ATF and owner Fred Ludington being arrested for illegal firearm sales to felons, aliens, and allowing straw purchases. Please voice your thought and opinions here.

Why? There are already two other active threads. One about the raid and one about the criminal complaint.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Sucks to be him. If 2A hadn't become so bastardized over the years, there would be no serious charges to bring up in the first place.

If felons are so dangerous, keep them in prison. Don't let them come out and enjoy only the rights someone picks and chooses for them.

:yesway:

I'm only half way through this thread, and this is the first comment from a poster who reflects my thoughts on this entire mess....

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    This guy isn't "innocent till proven guilty." That isn't anywhere in the Constitution. The guy's freedom and property is restricted until such time there is a conclusion to his criminal case. Reading the PC, sounds guilty to me. Even if the court throws out the case, or he is found "Not guilty!" that doesn't mean one is innocent.

Wha....? Jeez...aren't you a cop?

It may or may not be word for word in the Constitution, but I'd say it's a basic tenet of our system, would you not?

I'd neg rep you for this, but it ain't my style. Nothing personal...

:noway: :n00b: :puke:

Last edited:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Unless the ATF is outright lying in their report, which I doubt, they have audio and video evidence of all of the undercover transactions. That's pretty damning.

Yes. The BATF has a stellar reputation beyond repute...Waco, Ruby Ridge, Gunwalker....

The BATF is our bestest buddy and has only good intentions for us all.

They would NEVER lie or fabricate stuff.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    :yesway:

I'm only half way through this thread, and this is the first comment from a poster who reflects my thoughts on this entire mess....

I believe that back in 1776...The founding fathers assumed that those that lived in local towns would look out for each, and would not allow the villige "loon" and "drunk" and anyone else deemed untrustworthy and the 30 people who lived in their little settlement knew who shouldn't have a gun in their hands. Im not talking about any kind of law enforcement action, im talking about "we the people" action.

If 29 other folks knew that person number 30 had no business with a gun...I doubt they said "but wait, it might be unconstutional"

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

His new thread got merged into this one.

I thought it was a humorous attempt to get back on topic until I read your post. Buzzkill. :)

Top Bottom