Here's the Criminal Complaint: USA v Charles F. Ludington (Ludco)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Really, enforcing what laws on behalf of us? The last time I checked, and correct me if I am wrong, MOST Americans would not have voted or contacted their elected representatives to approve of the kinds of laws they enforce. Do you really think that any law is going to keep a BG from getting a gun? Hell no, not a single law that has ever been made has ever stopped a crime from being committed. The only thing a law does is to make a certain sub-section of a populous commit crimes. If we carry a gun on school property, we become a felon, BAM, no passing go, or collection 200 bucks, nope, straight to jail as a felon. If a person was going to go to a school to "shoot up the place" do you think they care one bit about some law making it illegal to carry a gun on school property, hell no.

The BATF is NOT enforcing any laws that we as the American people ever had any say-so in enacting. So what are they doing? They are enforcing their AUTHORITY over US at whatever cost no matter what. I personally dont like to be treated like a criminal, so why should I have to fill out paperwork saying I am not a criminal, then have the shop call in my information to do a quick check to see if I am a excluded person. I shouldnt have to prove I am NOT a criminal just to buy a gun. Yea I do believe that I should be able to go into a store, pick out a gun take it to the register pay for it, and walk out to my car, whatever kind of gun, handgun, revolver, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, grenade launcher, flame thrower, whatever. No paperwork, no phone calls, no nothing, just me my money and my guns.

INGunGuy

I always think it is funny when people talk in terms of most americans. In our Republic form of government, we elect people who represent us. Apparently, we as a people have decided that these gun laws are appropriate by a majority. There also has not been a vocal enough majority to change the law. Remember that before you talk in terms of who law enforcement. They are enforcing the laws that "most" americans enacted at one time or another and have not repealed.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I dont agree with that at all. How would you propose to keep the whack jobs from getting guns? At least with a background check we can eliminate at least a few crimes from being committed. With a record of criminal behavior or mental instability you cannot and should not own a firearm. No I dont agree that we should be treated like criminals when we are not. But I dont agree that ANYONE should be able to walk in pick the gun, pay for it and walk out. And I for damn sure dont see any purpose in a civilian owning a flame thrower, machine gun or a grenade launcher. Yeah they might be fun but having it "because I can" is not a legit defense. "Its my right, Its my right" To own a war machine (lol)? Who says? What gives us the right to own something like that? I agree that some gun laws are ridiculous and unnecessary but some checks and balances are always necessary. We as a SPECIES have proven that, time and time again.

Then tell me why pepole need Bugatti's Ferrari's and Lamborghini's? you cant drive faster than 75 or 80, so since there is no reason for civilians to own those kinds of cars why should they?

And as for gun laws, they do nothing, hear me, absolutly NOTHING at all, they have done NOTHING to reduce crime, all they have done is turn a legal gun owner into a crook.

INGunGuy

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I always think it is funny when people talk in terms of most americans. In our Republic form of government, we elect people who represent us. Apparently, we as a people have decided that these gun laws are appropriate by a majority. There also has not been a vocal enough majority to change the law. Remember that before you talk in terms of who law enforcement. They are enforcing the laws that "most" americans enacted at one time or another and have not repealed.

We are talking about the BATF, and they enforce TAX laws, you dont pay your tax on a machine gun, then go to jail...

INGunGuy

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We are talking about the BATF, and they enforce TAX laws, you dont pay your tax on a machine gun, then go to jail...

INGunGuy

BATF is not primarily responsible for TAX laws. If BATF discoverers something during an investigation with TAX's they normally will bring in an IRS criminal investigator if one is not already assigned to the investigation (ie Task Force). On most joint investigation there will be a lead agency but all the agencies supplement each other and the group usually will have a rep from the others IRS, FBI, USMS, even a State Trooper or two etc.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

I don't think it's right in our "Republic form of governement" for 51% of the population to tell the the other 49% what to do period. Then to have that change every 4-8 years just makes it worse.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    My father was gun dealer in indiana from the mid 60s to the mid 80s and
    guns were entered in the a/d book the same day they were either bought
    or sold. The alleged 997 guns not in the books screams illegal activity
    to me.

Top Bottom