• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This. Republicans run the house and senate. Nothing is happening in regards to gun control during the next presidential term.

Unless by EO, which is limited to feel good crap that's already on the books. Basically, nothing can really be changed by EO that will effect us.

The ONLY way I'll vote solely on gun rights is if there's a candidate that promises to expand carry laws to allow me to carry in all 50 states. That would indeed gain my vote.

Unless the next POTUS appoints a couple replacements for the SCOTUS.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    America in general, and our gun rights in particular, are more resilient than you and other posters are giving credit for. They've survived the other presidents you listed, and they'll survive whoever takes office next.

You are presenting this as an article of faith and not a matter of fact. The erosion may slow down periodically, but the reversals are typically very small in the grand scheme of things while the infringements are cut in huge swaths. You have to remember that the enemies of our freedoms are like terrorists. The only have to get lucky once. You really believe our rights are that resilient? How do you explain ObamaCare?

This. Republicans run the house and senate. Nothing is happening in regards to gun control during the next presidential term.

Unless by EO, which is limited to feel good crap that's already on the books. Basically, nothing can really be changed by EO that will effect us.

The ONLY way I'll vote solely on gun rights is if there's a candidate that promises to expand carry laws to allow me to carry in all 50 states. That would indeed gain my vote.

You take a false sense of security. That can all change in the next election cycle, and the, all of a sudden, you have Hillary with enough rubber stamps to do some major damage.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Because guns weren't the only issue on my mind when I voted? I'll be honest; I expect that I'll be voting for Hillary next year. I'm not just thinking about guns, but also science (climate change, evolution in education), gay rights, and overseas military action. I can't, in good conscience, say "I got mine, you're on your own."

Holy mother....are you really serious.....really.

I said a sane reason.

Climate change.................:faint:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. That's the way democracy works; everyone gets the same vote to cast in whatever manner they think is best.

I must refrain from responding any further as decorum and filters dictate.

I will now go sit in a dark corner and suck my thumb.

We are doomed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Not solely...............but it stands to reason as to anyone willing to trample on 2A would not think twice about any other sinister BS.

Edit......I do have to leave this thread. Blood pressure just went off the chart. Not because of you Seedubs. Global warming, that got me.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Most gun cases that hit the Supreme Court are decided 5-4 along party lines. Anyone voting for Hillary Clinton is voting for more liberal justices to be appointed, likely swinging the balance more liberal.

You're knowingly voting away your right to keep and bear arms.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yes, I agree. I won't be voting for Hillary or Sanders for quite a number of reasons. At this point, I'm not thrilled with anyone on either side but Kasich and Paul.

And I agree with your point about it being a litmus test. I don't take it lightly, and it cast doubt on any nominee that is willing to trample on rights. But the spectrum is getting so extreme on either side that it only gives us terrible choices and nobody good on either side.

It's getting to be that every candidate on either side has to say the same crap that their extreme constituents expect. I.e. Democrats are 110% for extreme over the top gun control, abortion rights for women, gay rights, etc... And republicans are the complete opposite end of the spectrum on each issue. They're just talking heads parroting what their side dictates. And on a lot of these issues, the candidates won't be touching them with a 20 foot pole once in office. Abortion, for example, nothing big is changing on that. As well, lots of candidates are forced to speak negatively on gun control, and I suspect they have no intention on touching the issue while in office. Hillary is obviously not who I'm talking about here, though. She clearly is very serious about wanting to do all she can to strip our rights, and that doesn't just include gun rights.

Hell, my wife is a known Democrat around here (I am not). You wouldn't believe the ridiculous backlash her party had when she put up a picture of herself shooting an AR with the police department supervising. Absolute ridiculousness. And this kind of partisan extremism isn't just relegated to the Democrat side. It's both parties, and it's causing moderate values and input to be snuffed out.

Not solely...............but it stands to reason as to anyone willing to trample on 2A would not think twice about any other sinister BS.

Edit......I do have to leave this thread. Blood pressure just went off the chart. Not because of you Seedubs. Global warming, that got me.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    You are presenting this as an article of faith and not a matter of fact. The erosion may slow down periodically, but the reversals are typically very small in the grand scheme of things while the infringements are cut in huge swaths. You have to remember that the enemies of our freedoms are like terrorists. The only have to get lucky once. You really believe our rights are that resilient? How do you explain ObamaCare?

You take a false sense of security. That can all change in the next election cycle, and the, all of a sudden, you have Hillary with enough rubber stamps to do some major damage.

I absolutely think our Second Amendment freedoms will be just fine. The other stuff I listed off, that I'm far more concerned about.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I absolutely think our Second Amendment freedoms will be just fine. The other stuff I listed off, that I'm far more concerned about.

How, aside from wishful thinking, do you justify this?

What's insane about voting one's conscience?

You are willing to trade core substance for window dressing. Once you give up the most fundamental of freedoms, the window dressing becomes available or not available at the pleasure of those in office, and irrelevant since you have already surrendered your position as party to what is supposed to be a binding agreement. The Constitution may well not be faithfully followed now, but you are advocating the support of people who would delight in eliminating it and erasing it from memory. If you have it your way, the end result is that you will wake up one day and realize that you have become a subject rather than a citizen who belatedly realizes that you cannot regulate the natural phenomena which are the principal agents of governing climate, who receives nothing of value from your support of the forced indoctrination of your neighbor's children, and most likely will be able to engage in sexual relations with other men with the blessing of your masters given that they understand that most people are pretty controllable so long as they are warm, dry, fed, and get laid withing their personal preferences once in a while. Talk about living the dream.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What's insane about voting one's conscience?

It is your vote to cast as you see fit. I will stand beside you and defend that right.

You said insane not me. I asked for a sane reason why you (or any one) would vote for a candidate openly willing to trample any of your constitutional rights and not just 2A. That is insane......or at least nuts.

That I think you are part of the problem I mentioned is another issue unto itself.
    My opinion and I know what it is worth. Take my opinion and add $1.25 and it will get a small cup of :coffee: at the local joint.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Most gun cases that hit the Supreme Court are decided 5-4 along party lines. Anyone voting for Hillary Clinton is voting for more liberal justices to be appointed, likely swinging the balance more liberal.

You're knowingly voting away your right to keep and bear arms.

If the hildabeast wins, ALL of our freedoms will be in jeopardy. She has been corrupt since she was fired from of the Watergate Investigative Committee, and has only gotten worse during her self-aggrandizing climb to power. She would set our country on the path towards intrusive government control. Every aspect of our lives would be affected through higher taxes,soul crushing regulations, and the demonization of conservative ideals. The concept of government accountability would be destroyed. She would proceed to vilify Congress, load the Supreme Court with liberal activist jurists, and shout down the protests of the people. All this with the aid of the mainstream democratic controlled media. She would make the 1960's Chinese Cultural Revolution a template for her corrupt and controlling administration.

Top Bottom