• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    Oh, look, more "common sense" gun control from Connecticut...

Connecticut to ban gun sales to people on watch lists: governor

Gotta love how they bury this line at the veeeeeeeeery end...

The point isn't to have any affect on actual crime but to "FEEL" better about themselves for doing something as noted up thread. Much like #bringbackourgirls hasn't saved a single soul from enforced slavery at the hands of Boko Harum, at least as far as I know.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The point isn't to have any affect on actual crime but to "FEEL" better about themselves...

Then why can't they just listen to this...

[video=youtube;CyBcHUe4WeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBcHUe4WeQ[/video]

And leave the rest of us alone.:dunno:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Private sales are what they're after. That's the only way they can find to finally have registration. As guns change private hands via an FFL, the record is created. As this continues, the registration list grows. Once they have the registration scheme in place long enough, confiscation begins.

Oh, I know, the FFL only has the records...yeah, right.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The only way, and I mean the ONLY way to accomplish a successful abolition of firearm sales between individuals is to have a database of all know firearms and who currently owns them. That way, a firearm can be tracked to an individual or back to an individual. Anything less will be pissing in the wind for enforcement.

I can't wait to see all the gang-bangers reporting the guns they own.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    So what are we gonna do about this?

• Join a guns rights Org, NRA, GOA, ETC
    • Represent yourself (a gun owner) well if this matter comes up for discussion around the workplace, church, etc
    • If there is a test case for this issue and a Fundme Page is set up give some $$$$$$$$$$$.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Private sales are what they're after. That's the only way they can find to finally have registration. As guns change private hands via an FFL, the record is created. As this continues, the registration list grows. Once they have the registration scheme in place long enough, confiscation begins.

Oh, I know, the FFL only has the records...yeah, right.

Ding ding, winner! Small incremental steps of 'common sense'.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I can't wait. This will force the .gov to allow me to get an FFL if they put the limits low enough.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh, look, more "common sense" gun control from Connecticut...

Connecticut to ban gun sales to people on watch lists: governor

Gotta love how they bury this line at the veeeeeeeeery end...

Handing out copies of the Bill of Rights (I think it says something about due process) would be considered hate-speech by this bunch. This state did vote in a senator who lied about being in Vietnam, I guess we should expect nothing less from them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I actually voted last time. The candidate I voted for lost, same as the candidate you voted for...

That's encouraging. Sounds like you are new to waving the flag for refusing to vote at all. There is hope for you yet!

• Join a guns rights Org, NRA, GOA, ETC
    • Represent yourself (a gun owner) well if this matter comes up for discussion around the workplace, church, etc
    • If there is a test case for this issue and a Fundme Page is set up give some $$$$$$$$$$$.

No problem on the first two. I thought everyone did that?

On the third, you are suggesting we will just go ahead and conduct private transactions as usual then?
    Hypothetically, I agree. However what happens to things like our INGO classifieds?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Hypothetically, I agree. However what happens to things like our INGO classifieds?

The guns disappear from them, and that's the point.

Anyone out there who thinks that the "gunshow loophole" nonsense, or saying that you can buy a gun on the internet without a background check is related to any sort of misunderstanding <edit> on the part of those perpetuating it </edit> is whistling past the graveyard.

They know damned well what they are doing, and what they mean. They are happy to perpetuate the misunderstanding of those who are ignorant as they wish to gain their support. It's called propaganda. Tyrants love the ****.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom