• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I just had another one of my thoughts:

If global climate change is the biggest threat we're facing, why is he wasting time worrying over gun control? He should be issuing executive orders about climate control, expanded climate background checks, closing the climate show loophole, making sure mentally unstable people don't have access to the climate, and re-defining who is and who is not a dealer of climate.

Not sure weather or not to take you serious. :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

If global climate change is the biggest threat we're facing, why is he wasting time worrying over gun control? He should be issuing executive orders about climate control, expanded climate background checks, closing the climate show loophole, making sure mentally unstable people don't have access to the climate, and re-defining who is and who is not a dealer of climate.

Allow me to translate from Obama-speak to English: "Making my legacy look good is the biggest threat we are facing, and whatever I have to say, whatever rights I have to take from the people, I will do what I must."

Hence climate change was the biggest threat yesterday, now it's guns. Tomorrow it will be something else.

Until Hillary gets elected - then it's on like Donkey Kong.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am watching WISH TV, noon news, and Dave Barras, is going to report on a "website", that lets you buy a gun, with NO background check .....

Tune in NOW !!!!!

Armslist !!!!!

Only in the 32 states, that allow 2 private parties .....

2 people in the same state .....

In person, no shipping .....

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I am watching WISH TV, noon news, and Dave Barras, is going to report on a "website", that lets you buy a gun, with NO background check .....

Tune in NOW !!!!!

Armslist !!!!!

GASP! The Horror!

The stupidity of these folks hurts sometimes...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Not sure weather or not to take you serious. :rolleyes:

The Rhino is always serious... whether you believe him or not...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Tune in NOW !!!!!

Armslist !!!!!

They don't understand classifieds.

Armslist doesn't sell any guns any more than eHarmony marries people or Craigslist ships dirty couches.

The only way you could think Armslist sells guns is if you know absolutely nothing about Armslist.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    They don't understand classifieds.

Armslist doesn't sell any guns any more than eHarmony marries people or Craigslist ships dirty couches.

The only way you could think Armslist sells guns is if you know absolutely nothing about Armslist.

And there is the problem. People discussing infringements when they no idea on how the process even works....

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Do you know how many people I've had to school on the difference between semi-automatic and full-automatic? If there's such a thing as having negative knowledge on a subject, antis have it.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I didn't see the newscast, but it sounds as if this is not people discussing, but a station reporting. That begs for correction.

You are right, it is worse. I have these talks daily with people who get their info from the "news", and they are quite shocked to learn that everything they have heard regarding loopholes is a load.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Tune in NOW !!!!!

Armslist !!!!!

Technically they are right on that. I HATE admitting that. But if you buy a gun from an INDIVIDUAL in Indiana on gunbroker, they can ship a handgun (ups) and a long gun to another individual (non FFL) in their same state to a same state Indiana resident.
    its a grey area because yes it is an individual personal sale, but there is no background check.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Technically they are right on that. I HATE admitting that. But if you buy a gun from an INDIVIDUAL in Indiana on gunbroker, they can ship a handgun (ups) and a long gun to another individual (non FFL) in their same state to a same state Indiana resident.
    its a grey area because yes it is an individual personal sale, but there is no background check.

How is something that is explicitly lawful a "grey area"? Sales between private parties do not require a background check, period. FULLSTOP.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County

In state,
    Longguns yes.
    Handguns no shipping to individual, FFL only.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    This needs to be explained simply to those that are not in the "know".

Ask them if they think they should be able to gift a firearm to a relative, father, son, spouse, etc?

Most of them will say yes, then explain that this is what they are trying to stop.

I am of the belief that all those who hold a current LTCH have undergone background checks & have been approved.

Top Bottom