• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From the article:
    "A July Pew poll found that protecting gun rights is more important than controlling gun ownership for 49 percent of adults age 18 to 29. For Gen Xers up to age 49, gun rights are a priority for 44 percent, baby boomers are at 49 percent and 48 percent of seniors over 65 share that view.
    But adults under 30 haven’t always been so evenly split. In Pew polls conducted from 1993 to 2007, young adults were the least likely of any age group to prioritize gun rights; their support ranged from 21 percent (2000) to 37 percent (2007). The preference for gun rights didn’t crack 40 percent until 2008. It’s risen fairly steadily since, aside from a dip in 2012, and the current crop of young adults support gun rights at historically high rates for people their age.
    "

These are your future supporters of individual firearm rights. But, the Republican Party neither wants their help nor needs their votes.

I wonder when the Democratic party will stop being the party of gun control?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That depends on how long it takes to sweep away the old thinkers (Feinstein, etc.) and whether the shift in opinion remains stable.

Yeah, those old thinkers. You know. Like that old ****, Barak Obama. And, let's not forget the aged chairman of the party, Debbie Wassssssssssserman schultz.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    circa 1918

Articles: Pravda, Guns, and America

Russian%20Poster.jpg

"citizens hand over your weapons"

and...........

Hand-over-weapons.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    And instead of giving voice to some of the concerns people have, they just say, "it's all the NRA's fault".

That's their standard line whenever they don't get what they want on guns, or want a boogeyman to point at. What they don't see, in their blind stupidity, is that the NRA isn't just some monolithic organization like SMERSH or something... it's millions of gun owners like me and many others here, who give them money and want them to use that money fighting for us. IT'S US!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    With all the hysteria and Yeagerization that is sweeping INGO over these EAs, I'd like all of INGO to go to the FFL application at the ATFE webiste. Look at question 18:

FFLApp18a.png

It's a business if you are making money.

But wasn't the point of increased "enforcement" supposedly to curb the "dealers" at gun shows? If so notice 18a. So according to the ATF if you only plan on doing business at gunshows you shouldn't apply.

I'm not sure that Obama is in the "turn them in" camp the way Feinstein is.

Here is a recent quote of his. “We know other countries in response to one mass shooting have been able to craft laws that almost eliminate mass shootings,” he said last week. “Friends of ours, allies of ours, Great Britain, Australia, countries like ours. So we know there are ways to prevent it.” How do you take that? I take it to mean confiscation or mandatory "buybacks".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But wasn't the point of increased "enforcement" supposedly to curb the "dealers" at gun shows? If so notice 18a. So according to the ATF if you only plan on doing business at gunshows you shouldn't apply.

Here is a recent quote of his. “We know other countries in response to one mass shooting have been able to craft laws that almost eliminate mass shootings,” he said last week. “Friends of ours, allies of ours, Great Britain, Australia, countries like ours. So we know there are ways to prevent it.” How do you take that? I take it to mean confiscation or mandatory "buybacks".

As do I.
    It has been a leftist agenda for so long.

Those who do not see this need to remove their heads from what ever sand/crevice it is inserted into and look around. This is for real. More now that ever.

No tin foil was used in the considerations or writing of this post.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you buy something with the intent to sell it then they will be trying to make a test case out of you.
    example: I'm buying this lower to build it and sell it to a buddy. Your whole intent was to manufacture a gun for resale. & they could possibly get you for a straw purchase.
    Do as you wish just know they WILL be looking for people like this to prosecute.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not sure that Obama is in the "turn them in" camp the way Feinstein is.

What? You don't remember Obama's "we should be like Australia" speech? Australia's buyback was mandatory. Given the level of praise for what Australia did, I thought for a moment that Obama would offer to suck John Howard's ****.

I know you want your party to not be evil. But alas, it is. Not that the Republican party isn't either. You pick your poison. Your chosen poison wants to disarm society. In my book that makes your poison at least more evil than the other.

An armed society must be conquered. A disarmed society is conquered already.

And instead of giving voice to some of the concerns people have, they just say, "it's all the NRA's fault".

Yeah. I had that conversation with my brother-in-law. He thinks he's thinking for himself. It's not astonishing that he only manages to spout the exact words he hears on TV or reads on Huffpo.

That's their standard line whenever they don't get what they want on guns, or want a boogeyman to point at. What they don't see, in their blind stupidity, is that the NRA isn't just some monolithic organization like SMERSH or something... it's millions of gun owners like me and many others here, who give them money and want them to use that money fighting for us. IT'S US!

Yep. My BIL spouted all the talking points. "It's the NRA's fault we didn't get common sense" -- yeah, he actually said 'common sense' -- "gun control after Sandy Hook."

I told him, yes, the NRA was helpful in fighting off knee-jerk reactions. But it wasn't the NRA that stopped it. It was millions of gun owners like me, some NRA members, some not, who held our representative's feet to the fire to reject it. I told him if he wants to blame someone for that senseless legislation failing, blame me because I was a small part of who really stopped it.

Alas, he still likes his media erected boogie men. Easier to blame an abstract face plastered all over the news than admit support for gun control isn't as strong as he wants to believe.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    That's pretty thin. I can see how it'd sound like confiscation if you're already convinced, though.

Top Bottom