• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Looks like the Herald Times has taken at least one financial hit over this. Apparently, they have lost Harley Davidson of Bloomington as an advertiser. :nono:

Harley-Davidson of Bloomington believes in freedom and is a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights … We believe the decision of the Herald-Times, a valued business partner, to publish a searchable database of gun permit holders in the state of Indiana by street, is an unnecessary and dangerous practice.

Additional info here.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's AWESOME! I didn't think any of the advertisers would pull out but I was proved wrong! I hope that happens more with this stupid newspaper!!!

:rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looks like the Herald Times has taken at least one financial hit over this. Apparently, they have lost Harley Davidson of Bloomington as an advertiser. :nono:

Looks like a trip to the HD store is in order! I'll tell them why I came and buy something, likely not a bike, but something. The grandsons could prolly use some HD of Bloomington t-shirts.

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Got an email from the NRA-ILA today.
    Indiana: The Herald-Times Online Creates Controversy for Gun Owners, Manipulates Concerned Citizens, Then Refuses On-Air Debate

The editors of the Bloomington Herald-Times maintain their First Amendment right to publish private information on Indiana gun owners who exercise their Second Amendment rights, but they refuse to defend their position in a nationally broadcast debate on the Fox News Channel.

Two weeks after the release of their Indiana gun permit database, Bloomington Herald-Times editors were contacted by producers at the Fox News Channel to explain their editorial decision to a national audience. Fox News intended to set up a debate between the newspaper and an Indiana resident affected by their action.

The paper’s editors refused to come on television, deciding instead to send a written statement and allow the Brady Campaign to speak on their behalf.

“Our purpose was to provide public information we believed people would be interested in…we have databases for property buyers and sellers, restaurants that have been inspected, public salaries and more…we don’t believe we are treating them like criminals,” Bob Zaltsberg, Herald-Times Editor.

If the gun database does not effectually characterize gun owners as dangerous menaces to Indiana society, why does the country’s number one gun control organization defend the paper by dishonestly accusing Indiana’s “Shall Issue” Right-to-Carry system of being ineffective at preventing criminals from obtaining permits?

Why does the Brady Campaign echo the newspaper’s earlier defense as committing a “public service” with the false assertion that “people with concealed carry permits often commit very violent crimes”?

The Herald-Times Online has not honestly defended their position, as they falsely accused your NRA of manipulation and fear-mongering. Now they cannot withstand the public scrutiny and the Brady Campaign stepped in to take up their fight.

Click here to view the Fox News debate between the Brady Campaign and Indiana gun blogger, Caleb Giddings:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8HJsAa79rk

Please continue to contact the Herald-Times and ask them to take down their permit holder database. Also, please contact their advertisers as well and respectfully urge them to end any and all connections with the Herald-Times until they have taken down thier blatant invasion of privacy.
    Bob Zaltsberg, Editor
    (812) 331-4364
    rzaltsberg@heraldt.com

Cory Bollinger, Herald-Times Advertising Director
    (812) 331-4279

cbollinger@heraldt.com

Kirkwood Photo Lab and Portrait Studio
    515 West Kirkwood Ave
    Bloomington, IN 47404
    info@kirkwoodphoto.com
    (812) 332-4888

Andrew Davis Menswear
    1. Covington Plaza
    6410 W. Jefferson Blvd.
    Fort Wayne, IN 46804
    260-436-4788
    chris@andrewdavismenswear.com

2. Kirkwood on the Square Fountain Square Mall
    101 W. Kirkwood, Suite 119
    Bloomington, IN 47403

812-323-7730
    macey@andrewdavismenswear.com

Mohney Homes, Inc.
    2404 Industrial Park Drive
    Bloomington, IN 47401

Phone (812) 332-5920
    Fax (812) 332-2989

IU Credit Union
    PH: 812-855-7823
    Toll Free: 888-855-MYCU
    Email: marketing@iucu.org; memberservice@iucu.org; president@iucu.org

IndianaBuyItNow.com
    buyitnow@hoosiertimes.com

French Lick West Baden
    www.visitfrenchlickwestbaden.com/
    8291 W. Beechwood Avenue
    French Lick, Indiana 47432
    Toll free: (877) 422 - 9925

Local: (812) 936 – 3418

Underground Printing
    1. Bloomington Location:
    512 E. Kirkwood Ave
    Bloomington, IN 47408
    P: 812.558.0286
    F: 866.645.1686
    ugpbl@undergroundshirts.com

2. West Lafayette Location:
    314 W. State St.
    West Lafayette, IN 47906
    P: 765.588.3851
    F: 866.645.1686
    ugpwl@undergroundshirts.com

Yarns Unlimited
    http://www.yarnsunlimited.com/
    101 W. Kirkwood Avenue, Suite 129
    Bloomington, IN 47404
    (812) 334-2464
    yarnsunlimited@comcast.net

Curry Auto Center
    2906 Buick Cadillac Blvd.
    Bloomington, IN 47401
    (812) 650-0657
    (800) 926-0555

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Kudos to you Caleb, if you are reading this. Good job at making valid points in a mannerly fashion. You look nothing like the anti's percieve as a "Gun Nut", and that makes you that much more an effective spokesperson.

Also, if the Brady Campaign thinks its so easy for a criminal to obtain a LTCH, why don't they prove it. Recruit a known criminal to apply for their LTCH. If they get one, I would be fairly concerned that our system is failing us. I dont think they ever will, and are afraid of the egg they will be wearing on their face.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    We should list the names and addresses of Brady Campaigners, anti-gunners, and HT staffers (and all the other traitors in this country).

If they're going to post lists of us, let's post lists of them!

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I visited Harley Davidson of Bloomington this afternoon. I picked up an official HD of Bloomington onesy for my youngest grandson (20 some odd $.) I told the friendly young lady taking money that I heard the store had dropped advertising with the HT.

She cautiously mentioned she knew there was some controversy, but didn't know the details. I quickly reassured her that I just wanted to say thank you and pass along that is what brought me in today.

On my way out she beckoned Jim (the owner?) saying I needed to talk to him. The nice fellow introduced himself and graciously accepted my thank you. He explained a lot of his staff were LTCH holders and firmly believed in our second amendment rights.

Jim mentioned they were contractually bound for some future HT online advertising, so not to take it wrong if their name showed up there. He said they had stopped a fairly major print advertising project with the HT and told them why.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I did not find anything in searching.

What is the difference between a G4 and G5 Lifetime Personal Protection license?

picture2zq.png

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I think it has something to do with the fees paid. One is for a renewal of a 4 year to lifetime and the other is for a new lifetime permit. Don't know which is which though.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Here's the latest news!!!
    Indiana Gun Bills Filed to Restrict Access to Carry Permit Information!
    Please Contact Your State Legislators!

Thanks to the outrage expressed by NRA members and gun-owning Hoosiers at the irresponsible actions of Indiana newspapers, three bills have been filed in the Indiana General Assembly to restrict access to carry permit information by non-law enforcement entities.

According to current Indiana Statute, anyone desiring to see the state’s list of carry permit holders need only pay the Indiana State Police a $32 fee.

The Bloomington Herald-Times and the Indianapolis Star revealed the need for a change in the law in 2009 when they accessed the list and posted some of the permit information on their respective websites in an attempt at creating suspicion of lawful Indiana permit holders.

State Senator Greg Walker (R-41), State Representative Peggy Welch (D-60) and State Representative Mike Murphy (R-90) have filed bills to limit access to the Indiana carry permit list in order to protect the privacy of law-abiding Hoosiers.

Thank you for your activism and attention to this issue. Your vocal protests of the newspapers’ actions led these members of the Indiana General Assembly to take action.

Please take a moment to email the following legislators and thank them for standing with gun owners:

Senator Greg Walker: s41@in.gov

Representative Peggy Welch: h60@in.gov

Representative Mike Murphy: h90@in.gov

Also, please e-mail YOUR Indiana Senator and Representative to remind them that you want the General Assembly to protect the private information of Indiana carry permit holders. To view the contact information for your State Senator and State Representative, please click here.

Top Bottom