helped out a young guy at Gander last night...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I was browsing the few, disgustingly overpriced Magpul items at Gander Mt yesterday evening...wanting to use my Father's Day gift card and get the heck out of there and back down the street to Highsmith Guns (where the PMags that sell at Gander for $19.99 are priced at less than $13 at Highsmith). As I was standing there, a young guy approached me and said he knew I probably didn't work there, couldn't find anyone who did, but wanted to ask if I knew anything about firearms. I said "maybe a little...I'll help you in any way I can". He told me about the Px4 Storm that his girlfriend had just bought for him. He said it was "in 40" and that he had some ammo questions. He had a box of 45 auto in his cart and was thinking of buying that. I proceeded to stand there and tell him about which caliber he has and a little about how the .40 S&W round was developed. he was also curious about # of grains, bullet weight, target rounds vs. self defense rounds, etc. I must've stood there and talked to him for 20min. He could not have been more grateful for my help and I pretty much walked out of Gander on cloud 9. I was a little surprised at the amount of knowledge that I've gained (without realizing it) over these last 5 years and I really hope I helped out a n00b...because I've had one or two experiences like that where I just simply had to put my pride aside and ask the question. Also, I don't have a lot of friends or family who know firearms so I never get to say those things out loud lol. I'm always typing about guns lol. Anyway, thanks to INGO for the assist because I've learned a lot of stuff from ya'll over this past year that I've been a member. :cool:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Nicely done, Tyler! We were all new to this at some point, really great that you took the time to help out a new shooter. We split hairs over politics and calibers, we're all cut from different cloth, but this type of attitude and willingness to help is what makes us a great community of enthusiasts.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I was in Gander in Avon the other day and man the prices on guns in that store are crazy high! They had some old beat up used Glocks for $509 or 549. They had New Ruger SR 45 , 9 or 40 for $529....PSA had same gun for $349. Ammo Wal mart has for 199 they want 259. Who buys this stuff?

Lafteacher62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Lafayette
    Gee Tyler, I thought you said you helped a young guy OUT of Gander last night . Giving advice is great, hope you sent him to the LGS as part of that advice. :):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Good job Tyler! Providing advice, mentoring a new gun owner. I've always said if you know your stuff, take care of business and look out for your folks you'll be successful.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked. and There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.

Good on ya for helping this guy out! No need to swallow your pride to ask a question. If you want to know the answer to something, ask. (or research) That's the only way you're going to learn.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Glad to hear you helped someone out! So many times on this site and others people ask an honest question and get a bunch of smart arse replies. People seem to forget that what they know was taught to them by someone and they weren't born knowing everything. Glad to hear you're one that wants help and pass knowledge on down the line without belittling someone......way too much of that these days. Job well done!

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Nice job! So, did you tell him about INGO?? :ingo:

This was my thought too. When I stumbled across INGO in the summer of 08, I came here looking for information on hunting regulations. I had absolutely no knowledge about firearms outside of a shotgun for home defense that I hadn't looked at in years. INGO introduced me to the wonderful world of gun ownership, sucked me into it, and ensured that all things gun-related would be a lifelong addiction. So, thanks, guys. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This was my thought too. When I stumbled across INGO in the summer of 08, I came here looking for information on hunting regulations. I had absolutely no knowledge about firearms outside of a shotgun for home defense that I hadn't looked at in years. INGO introduced me to the wonderful world of gun ownership, sucked me into it, and ensured that all things gun-related would be a lifelong addiction. So, thanks, guys. :):
    We're here to help (you spend all your money)! :spend::):

Top Bottom