helped out a young guy at Gander last night...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I had an almost identical story happen to me but it was outside a liquor store. This guy (looked really young for his age) came up and started asking me if I knew anything about beer and which one would be a good one. I must have stood there for 20 minutes explaining all the choices there were in beer. He was VERY grateful but said that he was watching for a friend to pass by and just was afraid to go in and get the beer I had suggested because he may miss his friend. So he asked if I wouldn't mind going in and getting it for him if he gave me some money. So I did. He was VERY grateful and I was happy to help the guy out.

The above story is fictitious and I made it up... I like the OP's story much better. OP you did a great job, seriously.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    ^
    :):
    nice.

thanks all for the kind words and rep!

I neglected to mention that I did in fact refer him to INGO (more than once)...
    and I've thought how cool it would be if he comes on here and posts in this thread!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    "You know you are in Indiana if you are in a store and someone who doesn't work there helps you" Jeff Foxworthy.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    You did GOOD! It is irritating to me when some here think it is funny to belittle someone because of a simple question! In my opinion most of these people probably consider themselves experts - when in reality they have very little real knowledge. I have been into firearms for well over 60 years, long enough to absolutely know I don't know everything. I run into new /old firearms often I have little or no knowledge about, despite having a fairly large collection and having reloaded, shot, repaired and disassembled more firearms than I can count.

There are no "Stupid Questions", but there are a few here that certainly like to give "Stupid Answers". I hope some of these (idiots in my opinion) figure out that attempting to belittle someone or give smart ass answers is being as much of a bully as any other method of intimidation!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    A lot of guys would not bother to help an inexperienced guy asking a bunch of questions. The way I see it, taking time to be friendly and help people actually helps all of us. The more people on our side pushing for gun rights, the more likely we are to preserve them for future generations. Nicely done sir!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I was in Gander in Avon the other day and man the prices on guns in that store are crazy high! They had some old beat up used Glocks for $509 or 549. They had New Ruger SR 45 , 9 or 40 for $529....PSA had same gun for $349. Ammo Wal mart has for 199 they want 259. Who buys this stuff?

Actually quite a few people, including myself. Last fall, I was looking for a Ruger LC9. Couldn't find them anywhere online or in any LGS. Went to GM. There it was, $399. Said what the hey and got it. It's been flawless since. (Now the LC9 is everywhere and for a lot cheaper too. Oh well.) Others were buying that day as well.

A friend from work did some part time employment on weekends there. He said they moved a ton of guns on the weekends.

Top Bottom