• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Correct! This thread is beginning to sound like the politics section. NeverTrumpers hoping to pick and choose what they want from an administration they have done nothing but trash. That and the continual quest for "told you so." :rolleyes:

:+1: Nailed it BW!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Just a reminder, we have a political section, and this ain't it.

+1 i didn't start this thread for people to attack/bash others political beliefs/candidates/party's! in fact i could give a rats @$$ about who voted for who or what party you belong too!

this thread was for people to post info about the hpa! (and now share/sush act) and protect the hearing of all shooters/hunters/sportsmen idc if your a democrat/republican/libertarian/communist!

NOW back on topic
    as of today 7.10.17 we have (in the house)
    150 republicans
    4 democrats
    and
    17 in the senate all republican

its got support, but we need to keep contacting the people we elected to make sue they know how we (the people) feel!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So, threads can go just about anywhere, but this one must stay on topic? I get it guys. Have your thread and I'll be careful to ensure I remain in topic whenever I post from this point and will help to ensure other threads have the same courtesy.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Wow this thread really went into the butthurt ****ter didn't it? It's a shame everyone can't be an adult and post like they would speak in person.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Wow this thread really went into the butthurt ****ter didn't it? It's a shame everyone can't be an adult and post like they would speak in person.

Who says they wouldn't? I'm more than happy to make the same arguments in person as I do online (though I also try to refrain from name calling and other things, so while discussions can get heated, they should still be civil).

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Who says they wouldn't? I'm more than happy to make the same arguments in person as I do online (though I also try to refrain from name calling and other things, so while discussions can get heated, they should still be civil).
    With respect I post online as I interact in person. I've never had a problem or concern with your posts. I feel a respect for you. As for others I cannot say the same. It seems some have an "air" about them that seem to want to command respect where respect is not due. I was and am making just an observation. No malice is intended.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Back on point.

SHUSH is introduced, third such bill aimed at suppressors, and again ATF starts talking like they'll fix it so don't worry. This is three times now.

https://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2017..._2A&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

So, what regulations can the agency reform? They can change internal policy, not regulation, stating they can (or will) do something about it is just BS. They just need to be turned into a convenience store.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So, what regulations can the agency reform? They can change internal policy, not regulation, stating they can (or will) do something about it is just BS. They just need to be turned into a convenience store.

but if the biggies in the batf (bureau of animosity towards firearms) go to congress and say the regulation of suppressors is a burden on taxpayers (extra employees, unnecessary paperwork,) wouldn't that help congress to think its ok remove suppressors from the nfa?

I know hardliners like schummer, Feinstein, and moms who need action will never change their minds, but maybe a few of the "nra's c grade" congressmen will agree with the atf and shift our way, remember we need 216 and 51

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    but if the biggies in the batf (bureau of animosity towards firearms) go to congress and say the regulation of suppressors is a burden on taxpayers (extra employees, unnecessary paperwork,) wouldn't that help congress to think its ok remove suppressors from the nfa?

I know hardliners like schummer, Feinstein, and moms who need action will never change their minds, but maybe a few of the "nra's c grade" congressmen will agree with the atf and shift our way, remember we need 216 and 51

It would be nice to see what the vote would be if we could ever get a bill out of committee.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    HPA or SHUSH?

...and, to be clear, HPA is still in committee, right?

he co sponsored the hpa actthe shush act has 15/1 co sponsors

i'm a realist, while id love shush to pass, I have serious doubts that it'll go anywhere! I really think the best bet will be the share act, attach the hpa to a broad based hunting/outdoor act, and it'll have the best chance of passing.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I really do think that getting Silencers off the NFA is or will be an issue of life or death for gun manufacturers, including the big guys. The market for firearms is glutted and the gun companies are getting or going to get creamed in the next couple of years.....unless they can start selling integrally suppressed versions of their greatest hits along with stand alone silencers. Either the big guys will push the issue and we all win, or several of them will go broke. S&W picking up Gemtech is, I hope, a sign of the industry realizing this.

What do you think are the real chances of one of these type bills getting passed in the next three years?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The longer this is dragged out the less chance it has of going anywhere. I still don't think it will pass. Those in office will continue to bring it up from time to time and others will co sponsor but a few will not let it out of committee. In the end they'll say, "we tried"

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The longer this is dragged out the less chance it has of going anywhere. I still don't think it will pass. Those in office will continue to bring it up from time to time and others will co sponsor but a few will not let it out of committee. In the end they'll say, "we tried"

The "vegas money" is probably against it. Gun Owners are a minority of Americans; and suppressor owners are a minority of Gun Owners. So we're a minority of a minority. In general, it seems "our side" only really finds its backbone when the "other side" is the one moving the ball. Then our backs are up against a wall, and when cornered, we can put up a pretty good fight. Fear works. Problem is, there's no "fear" in this current effort. We're not in danger of losing anything. We're just trying to avoid a $200 tax and waiting period that has already been in place forever. We can motivate our legislators when the other side is throwing grenades at us; when we're safe and there's no fear...meh.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Their is very little political capital in supporting the HPA and like it or not, that's what it is all about. Politicians and political parties are far more about gaining and keeping political power than they are about doing something good for constituents, especially such a small group of constituents. I'll be pleasantly and exceedingly surprised to see congress pass the HPA. The Republicans have spent years trying to do something about Obama Care and they can't even get together on this much greater issue. I never was a big Trump supporter, but couldn't even consider the alternative. I'm still in the wait and see camp, but I haven't been favorably impressed with the Republicans so far, since January.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I really do think that getting Silencers off the NFA is or will be an issue of life or death for gun manufacturers, including the big guys. The market for firearms is glutted and the gun companies are getting or going to get creamed in the next couple of years.....unless they can start selling integrally suppressed versions of their greatest hits along with stand alone silencers. Either the big guys will push the issue and we all win, or several of them will go broke. S&W picking up Gemtech is, I hope, a sign of the industry realizing this.

QFT!

And I think the red part is a significant sign. S&W thinks something is going to pass.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The "vegas money" is probably against it. Gun Owners are a minority of Americans; and suppressor owners are a minority of Gun Owners. So we're a minority of a minority. In general, it seems "our side" only really finds its backbone when the "other side" is the one moving the ball. Then our backs are up against a wall, and when cornered, we can put up a pretty good fight. Fear works. Problem is, there's no "fear" in this current effort. We're not in danger of losing anything. We're just trying to avoid a $200 tax and waiting period that has already been in place forever. We can motivate our legislators when the other side is throwing grenades at us; when we're safe and there's no fear...meh.

QFT!

And I think the red part is a significant sign. S&W thinks something is going to pass.

This. Nothing major gets done unless lobbyists want it to happen. We get enough lobbyists behind this funded by the likes of S&W and it may pass.

Top Bottom