• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I like how in the article a silencer is now a weapon of war. Maybe we should give one to every ground pounder out there then.

Every single vet I have met has hearing problems. I don't think they are all from the DIs.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    here’s no evidence of a public health issue associated with hearing loss from gunfire,” Kristin Brown, of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, told the Los Angeles Times earlier this year.

In my experience the antis have no idea how firearms function and absolutely no experience with them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Which makes it funny that they think they know so much.
    Sort of like a passenger kicking the pilot out of his seat.

Yep. Reminds me of a meme I saw on FB yesterday.
    Social Justice Advocate: Sees a two story building with only stairs and works to install an elevator.
    Social Justice Warrior: Sees a two story building with only stairs and works to tear down the stairs.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Did anyone watch? Any movement?

Just your normal dog and pony show. The opposition opposed and the supporters supported. On something like this no one is really going to change their position over the stuff at the hearing (most deals have already been made by this point).

The bigger action is today. Starting at 11am, the proposed bill was opened for amendments (just part of the process). It'll be interesting to see what comes of that. After the amendments are offered and voted on, the Federal Lands Subcommittee of the Natural Resources Committee is supposed to vote on the amended bill. That basically determines whether the bill moves forward.

ETA: It passed the Federal Lands Subcommittee vote!

Here's all the committees it's been assigned to and must pass through to get to the full House:

House Agriculture Committee
    House Energy and Commerce Committee
    House Natural Resources Committee

• Federal Lands Subcommittee
      Water, Power, and Oceans Subcommittee

House Judiciary Committee
    House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
    House Ways and Means Committee

We still have a ways to go, but it is moving forward.

Last edited:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Just your normal dog and pony show. The opposition opposed and the supporters supported. On something like this no one is really going to change their position over the stuff at the hearing (most deals have already been made by this point).

The bigger action is today. Starting at 11am, the proposed bill was opened for amendments (just part of the process). It'll be interesting to see what comes of that. After the amendments are offered and voted on, the Federal Lands Subcommittee of the Natural Resources Committee is supposed to vote on the amended bill. That basically determines whether the bill moves forward.

ETA: It passed the Federal Lands Subcommittee vote!

Here's all the committees it's been assigned to and must pass through to get to the full House:

House Agriculture Committee
    House Energy and Commerce Committee
    House Natural Resources Committee

• Federal Lands Subcommittee
      Water, Power, and Oceans Subcommittee

House Judiciary Committee
    House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
    House Ways and Means Committee

We still have a ways to go, but it is moving forward.

Thanks AmmoMan... Liberalism is a sight to behold! True believer kool-aid drinkers.

Lots of :poop: being spewed about.

Lots of butt hurt going on...

:ingo:

Last edited:

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    The libs in that meeting kept ignoring the testimony that non-hunters, non-shooters get offended by hearing gunfire at public lands and try to campaign to get hunting/shooting removed from that land.

also the 'sporting clause' ONLY stops me from buying oh lets say an AK rifle with a non sporting stock, which is why we had Saigas and VEPRs dressed up like hunting rifles. And the ATF agent trying to say we will flood the market with Chinese AKs? As ATF he knows those are banned under different rules.

and how many times did anyone need to call a suppressor a firearm?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Breaking News! HPA, H.R. 367, has been combined into the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act, H.R. 3668, and passed the National Resource Committee with a 22 to 13 vote. Contact your congressman and urge them to vote “yes” on SHARE. This includes H.R. 367 which would make suppressors (silencers) available for purchase just like firearms, i.e. with the completion of a 4473 and an instant check to NICS. Most states have now authorized the use of suppressors for hunting. The annoyance of loud noise from recreational shooting is a common complaint. Hearing damage from shooting is not reversible.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Breaking News! HPA, H.R. 367, has been combined into the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act, H.R. 3668, and passed the National Resource Committee with a 22 to 13 vote. Contact your congressman and urge them to vote “yes” on SHARE. This includes H.R. 367 which would make suppressors (silencers) available for purchase just like firearms, i.e. with the completion of a 4473 and an instant check to NICS. Most states have now authorized the use of suppressors for hunting. The annoyance of loud noise from recreational shooting is a common complaint. Hearing damage from shooting is not reversible.

:thumbsup:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County

So when would this have a chance to pass? I JUST bought a trust and my first suppressor! Haven't filled my paperwork out yet on it though.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    So when would this have a chance to pass? I JUST bought a trust and my first suppressor! Haven't filled my paperwork out yet on it though.

Don't bet on it. These things get hyped up then swept under a rug

It could be a while even if it has a chance... Look at AmmoManArrons post above about all the committees it still has to go through before it goes to the full house.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The process is slow, but this is the farthest it has gone. It helps to contact your U.S. Congressional Representative. A flood of calls, e-mails and letters do have an impact.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I filed a Form 4 for a suppressor last month. I wouldn't sit by and wait for this to pass if I were you. If it passes soon great, but if it doesn't you'd lost a lot of time wishing and hoping instead of being in the queue.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup.....That "lady" is bat **** crazy. She was an incumbent and got ousted in the PRIMARY by a 2:1 margin. That's unheard of. It's on the scale of basically being run out of the city by a mob with pitch forks and torches.

And she continues to try to stir up craziness..... The idiot just doesn't get the message and won't go away. She doesn't get that she's not wanted here.

This Kristen Brown? This is why INGO is great... I learn things about nitwits around the state...

Lienhoop makes statement asking Brown to stop

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Gotta love the ATF agent that was a witness, saying to use plugs and muffs because that's what they did, 'if suppressors helped people's hearing they would have bought us them' in live fire situations a loud disorienting sounds would be a tactical advantage when you have the numbers on the other group. In a raid I doubt the 'baddies' (or baddie's dog, as this is ATF) would have time to ear plug up. I would also argue that a 300BO AR, with a suppressor, or a suppressed hand gun would be great for home defense.

We just had LaPorte county try to ban home range shooting due in part to neighbors complaints over noise.

Top Bottom