• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    UPDATE: I got a call from Rep. Luke Messer's office today. According to the REAL PERSON on the other end of the line, Luke has seen the bill, loves it, and is behind it 100%, and they were glad I got in touch with them

KEEP WRITING THOSE LETTERS FOLKS!!! We need our voice heard.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wish I had your optimism. I can already hear the arguments of "how many more would've died if this guy had easy access to silencers".

Yep. Less than zero chance this makes it unless somebody isnt paying attention. ANYTHING gun related is out the window now. I'd say for a decade for this, depending on how fast the outrage dies down.

It will be all we can do to fight back any new legislation banning something. Its a natural reaction to events like this.

My gut says "get ready for the NFA act of 2017" . :xmad:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Yep. Less than zero chance this makes it unless somebody isnt paying attention. ANYTHING gun related is out the window now. I'd say for a decade for this, depending on how fast the outrage dies down.

It will be all we can do to fight back any new legislation banning something. Its a natural reaction to events like this.

Sad but true.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You think that a republican Congress will flip totally and start passing anti-gun legislation?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You think that a republican Congress will flip totally and start passing anti-gun legislation?

I wouldnt put anything past them. They sure as hell dont have the backbone to keep moving forward given the optics. They'd be too afraid of the backlash. I could see the campaign commercials now: "He voted to put silencers into the hands of criminals, months after the worst shooting in US history."

General gun laws? No, I dont think they'd start voting to take away our guns. But I could see them trying to fix a hole that isnt there by banning things they think might have prevented this. (bumpfires, gat cranks, etc) Possibly outright banning NFA full autos. But I agree that they wouldnt likely touch our general everyday guns.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    "Though details are still emerging about Sunday’s massacre, Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, took to Twitter to hammer the NRA over a push to ease federal rules for silencers.
    “The crowd fled at the sound of gunshots. Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get,” she tweeted."..

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wouldnt put anything past them. They sure as hell dont have the backbone to keep moving forward given the optics. They'd be too afraid of the backlash. I could see the campaign commercials now: "He voted to put silencers into the hands of criminals, months after the worst shooting in US history."

General gun laws? No, I dont think they'd start voting to take away our guns. But I could see them trying to fix a hole that isnt there by banning things they think might have prevented this. (bumpfires, gat cranks, etc) Possibly outright banning NFA full autos. But I agree that they wouldnt likely touch our general everyday guns.
    I think what will happen is that they will shelve the bill and blame it on this. I don't think they ever planned to actually give it a chance though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We could have had this done, but we drug our feat focusing on reciprocity and the like.

Trump won't cave to the anti's, but the RINO's may.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There was nothing stopping them from doing SHARE and reciprocity and every thing else. Congress is not single threaded. They can do a lot of different things at once.

I doubt Trump would veto an anti-gun bill if it made it to his desk. Without that happening, he has nothing to cave to.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Though details are still emerging about Sunday’s massacre, Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, took to Twitter to hammer the NRA over a push to ease federal rules for silencers.
    “The crowd fled at the sound of gunshots. Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get,” she tweeted."..

And of course, nobody in the media mentions that they would have heard it, even with the suppressors.
    Cause all their knowledge of suppressors/silencers came from movies.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Just throwing this out there but this is the second time that something has happened to derail/delay the HPA. Add to that the fact that HRC and other lefties were quick to talk specifically about suppressors when they weren't an apparent factor in this case and one begins to notice an odor in the room.

Call me crazy if you want, but false flags aren't unheard of and I suspect that the crazies are desperate enough not to consider this "below them" after their many failed gun control attempts over the last couple decades.

Top Bottom