• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    The Federal Lands Subcommittee of the Natural Resources Committee is supposed to vote on the amended bill. That basically determines whether the bill moves forward.

ETA: It passed the Federal Lands Subcommittee vote!

Here's all the committees it's been assigned to and must pass through to get to the full House:

House Agriculture Committee
    House Energy and Commerce Committee
    House Natural Resources Committee

• Federal Lands Subcommittee
      Water, Power, and Oceans Subcommittee

House Judiciary Committee
    House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
    House Ways and Means Committee

We still have a ways to go, but it is moving forward.

OK, so I just learned something. Apparently the bill can go through the other committees, but doesn't necessarily have to since it already passed through one of them.

Paul Ryan can schedule the SHARE Act for a floor vote in the House anytime he wants now.

We need to pressure Paul Ryan!!! Be polite, concise, and clear that you want to see the SHARE Act brought up for a floor vote and passed.

Call 202-225-3031 and press 6 to leave a message for Speaker Paul Ryan. Calls get more attention than email. It's a piece of cake, nothing to be scared of. :thumbsup:

Use this link to email Speaker Paul Ryan:
    https://www.speaker.gov/contact

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Yup.....That "lady" is bat **** crazy. She was an incumbent and got ousted in the PRIMARY by a 2:1 margin. That's unheard of. It's on the scale of basically being run out of the city by a mob with pitch forks and torches.

And she continues to try to stir up craziness..... The idiot just doesn't get the message and won't go away. She doesn't get that she's not wanted here.

I can tell you for sure, she was absolutely despised by those in Columbus public safety.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    thanks for the link AmmomanA, I have sent new messages to both Rep. Bouchon & Speaker Ryan. This takes like 5 minutes folks, get it done.

Remember to send original messages through direct contact. Clicking a link at Silencerco or some such place often means a generic message through a third party srver. This is noted by recipients and often disregarded.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Left my vm for the Speaker. I've never had the patience for one before, but, after the hub-bub dies down, I can see some spur of the moment suppressor purchases being made in the future.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I got a very good letter from Trey Hollingsworth. From his letter, I see that he is very informed on the proposed legislation and is very supportive of it!

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Guys, this bill is HUGE. Suppressors aside, according to the well connected guys over at Iraqveteran888, this bill would also have an effect the 7n6 ban, as well as firearms imported in their "sporting" configuration. Those two things alone make this bill a MUST PASS. Taking suppressors off the NFA is just the cherry on top. I emailed my house rep a very personal email. Have you done anything to show your support yet?

[video=youtube;HWb_aS7y6SI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWb_aS7y6SI[/video]

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Can anyone offer up a rough outline for an email to our reps for those of us who don't write professional correspondence on a daily basis? So far, I've been able to come up with the following:

Rep. Bucshon,

Please consider co-sponsoring, and voting to pass H.R. 3668, the Sportsmen's Heritage And Recreation Enhancement (SHARE) Act.

This is important to me, and countless other Hoosiers, because we dearly value our hunting, fishing, and shooting heritage as well as the ability to engage in these pursuits safely and without running afoul of unnecessary laws and regulations.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If it's more than a couple of sentences on point expressing your desire it probably won't get read. At least not in its entirety. Busy people appreciate others taking their time seriously.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    How about a thumbnail sketch of what's in SHARE? I know the language of HPA was rolled in which deregulates suppressors, and there's something about access to hunting land....but not sure what else is there. Anyone got the gift of brevity?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Guys, this bill is HUGE. Suppressors aside, according to the well connected guys over at Iraqveteran888, this bill would also have an effect the 7n6 ban, as well as firearms imported in their "sporting" configuration. Those two things alone make this bill a MUST PASS. Taking suppressors off the NFA is just the cherry on top. I emailed my house rep a very personal email. Have you done anything to show your support yet?

Also to anyone not "up to date" on the YouTube gun channels these guys were brought in by the NRA during the annual meeting this year so they have a better idea than most as to what is going on behind the curtain. They said in the video that the SHARE act will most likely be presented in the next few weeks so email and call people!!!!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Here is the most recent one I sent to Rep Bouchon. Note, it is specific to him so if you want to C&P there will need to be some changes.

Representative Dr. Bucshon,

Re: H.R.3668 - Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act
    I am writing to you to ask your support for the above referenced bill. This bill recently passed out of the Natural Resource Committee with a 22 to 13 vote.

A significant section of this bill would remove suppressors from the regulatory purview of the NFA and allow the sale of suppressors to individuals who had undergone a background check through the Nation Instant Criminal Background Check System .

Currently firearms suppressors (silencers) are heavily restricted and regulated under the National Firearms Act or NFA. This places what is essentially a muffler, similar to what is found on your car or lawn mower, in the same category as machine guns and cannon. Thus in order to purchase a muffler for a firearm, one must submit an application for the "tax stamp" in quadruplicate including four sets of photographs and fingerprints, go through a stringent permitting and background check processes, pay a $200 excise tax, and wait six to nine months while this is all processed. All for a muffler that does nothing but reduce the noise of a firearm somewhat.

As a physician you are well aware of the dangers of hearing loss from repeated loud noise. A suppressor does not make a firearm "Hollywood quiet" but can reduce the noise level of a firearm by typically 25-35 decibels. This reduces the noise exposure to the recreational shooter and, in some cases, makes the firearm hearing safe without additional protection from earplugs of earmuffs. Thus the wider use of suppressors would go far to reduce hearing loss among individuals who regularly use firearms.

Even our liberal friends in Europe recognize their usefulness. In most European countries, suppressors are unregulated and can be bought in most hardware or sporting goods stores. Many areas even require them for outdoor shooting and hunting.

I ask that you support this bill and encourage your peers to do the same. I thank you for your consideration and your service to our community and country.

Top Bottom