• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    The more we flood the media, the more unbiased they may be forced to become.
    Pig_flies_2.gif

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    According to the website of Mayor Bloomberg's (NYC) "coalition", the following traitors need to be convinced of the error of their ways.
    Indiana:
    spacer.gif

angola_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Richard Hickman Angola, IN
    spacer.gif

columbus_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Fred Armstrong Columbus, IN
    fort-wayne_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Thomas C. Henry Fort Wayne, IN
    goshen_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Allan Kauffman Goshen, IN
    spacer.gif

linton_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Tom Jones Linton, IN
    muncie_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Sharon McShurley Muncie, IN
    portland_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Bruce Hosier Portland, IN
    south-bend_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Stephen Luecke South Bend, IN
    tell-city_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Barbara Ewing Tell City, IN
    spacer.gif

warsaw_in_thumb.jpg
    spacer.gif
    Mayor Ernest B. Wiggins Warsaw, IN

Be polite but be firm, folks, especially those of you who live in those cities.

Blessings,
    B

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Hey, at this point I'm willing to try ANYTHING. Besides, if the people show their displeasure and maybe stop watching, maybe the drop in ratings would be enough to spur some intelligent thinking othe media's behalf...

Oh ****, I dun said "intelligent" and "media" in the same sentence. Where's a hammer....?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here's the opinion article proffered by the braintrust at the Indy Star:

Here's a loaded question: Should gun laws change? | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Of note:
    Have gun-control laws quelled violence in Chicago, or in the cities headed by the coalition's co-chairs, Boston (Tom Merino) and New York (Michael Bloomberg)? Of course not. [emphasis added] But the mayors and their police chiefs declare from experience that hardheaded restrictions have helped -- and that the free flow of weapons from states such as Indiana makes their jobs tougher. The new report, a product of tenacious lobbying for information that never should have been secret, reinforces their case. It should be received in every state with thanks and deadly seriousness.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got this today via email.

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding my recent statement on addressing illegal possession of firearms as part of our city’s comprehensive public safety strategy.

I firmly support the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States as well as legal, responsible gun ownership by law-abiding citizens. My focus, in addition to supporting the already-successful efforts of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD), is to reduce the threat posed by violent felons who continue to possess handguns in spite of current laws.

IMPD will continue to conduct warrant sweeps in targeted, high-crime areas, as recent sweeps have resulted in a high volume of guns seized from felons in possession. We will also continue to use technology and data that is currently available to aid local and state law enforcement agencies in their aggressive pursuit of felons who disregard the law.

I am not interested in adding layers to the existing criminal code, but we are looking at ways to better enforce the laws that we already have. That may mean seeking a tougher sentencing scheme for felons caught with handguns and taking the option for probation off the table. This measured response will go a long way in helping IMPD protect our citizens and the streets of Indianapolis .

I have committed to the citizens of Indianapolis that public safety is and will continue to be job one. We must all work together to make our neighborhoods safer and keep criminals off the streets.

Best regards,
    Gregory A. Ballard
    Mayor
    City of Indianapolis
    In case you weren't aware, the police can do an unannounced search of a felons residence that are still on paper, felons that have to answer to a parole officer.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well that's a statement to saying he's going to better enforce existing laws and not make more. That's what I care about. Now if he goes about changing other things than criminal punishment.....

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Got a reply from the Mayor...

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding my recent statement on addressing illegal possession of firearms as part of our city’s comprehensive public safety strategy.

I firmly support the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States as well as legal, responsible gun ownership by law-abiding citizens. My focus, in addition to supporting the already-successful efforts of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD), is to reduce the threat posed by violent felons who continue to possess handguns in spite of current laws.

IMPD will continue to conduct warrant sweeps in targeted, high-crime areas, as recent sweeps have resulted in a high volume of guns seized from felons in possession. We will also continue to use technology and data that is currently available to aid local and state law enforcement agencies in their aggressive pursuit of felons who disregard the law.

I am not interested in adding layers to the existing criminal code, but we are looking at ways to better enforce the laws that we already have. That may mean seeking a tougher sentencing scheme for felons caught with handguns and taking the option for probation off the table. This measured response will go a long way in helping IMPD protect our citizens and the streets of Indianapolis.

I have committed to the citizens of Indianapolis that public safety is and will continue to be job one. We must all work together to make our neighborhoods safer and keep criminals off the streets.

Best regards,

Gregory A. Ballard
    Mayor
    City of Indianapolis

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I actually watched the interview and he made it clear that he focus was toughing up law regarding ILLEGAL GUNS. I have no problem with that. Don't read more into this than it is.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I actually watched the interview and he made it clear that he focus was toughing up law regarding ILLEGAL GUNS. I have no problem with that. Don't read more into this than it is.
    What are the details of the law regarding illegal guns? How might it be changed to improve the crime problem?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

No such thing, Denny, unless we're talking about ATF's (unConstitutional) rules. To illustrate, let's say we had a problem with people being killed using hammers. Would there be any such thing as an "illegal hammer"? Of course not. To crack down on "illegal guns" means only that he's going to crack down on guns. The letter several of us got today, however, makes it sound like his intention is to go after the illegal users of guns, and THAT might make a difference. It's probably going to make you guys busier, though. :dunno:

Stay warm and stay safe.

Blessings,
    B

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What are the details of the law regarding illegal guns? How might it be changed to improve the crime problem?

I have a light bulb! We give the police the tools they need to catch criminals! A badge, a gun, a dog, a car, a radio, and a laptop so they can surf the web and get on to email/messanger the Governor/Mayor/Rep for advice on who and how to arrest... :p

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Hmmm. You supposed these are canned?

Certainly they were, but still I think it's a good sign.

I think the collective response from gun owners may have gotten the Mayor's attention. They don't go issuing statements - canned or otherwise - unless the issue has registered on their radar.

What he says in the statement - I don't put too much stock in it. "Illegal gun" can mean anything from "psychotic felon who's supposed to be locked up is, in fact, running loose with a gun" to "I'm intimidated by evil black rifles and I think they ought to be illegal." So I don't think we can read a statement like this and have any idea at all what the Mayor plans to do next.

However, I do think there is one message here that's unmistakable. The mayor has recognized that there is a vocal gun owning constituency in his region and that we are watching him.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    The mayor LOADED UP for the remainder of his current term. He spoke enough in this live segment with enough witnesses to ensure no mistake in what he said. His canned responses and lighter mood over the phone with his office and communications staff are nice but they don't paint over this picture of a pin in tights and lipstick.

Greg, Please show us a new view of you and who you are. Looks like you are fresh out of an ivy league school town from the NE and membership in Bloomberg's country club. This will not set well with conservatives here in Indpls. You have your work cut out for you. Now you need to prove your support Greg. Join with the issues this side wants improved. Lets get the state preemption real teeth even when that voids your building and park bans. Work with us so we can help ensure our own security and safety to and from work as support for parking immunity.

Without some clear communication and support that statement heard on the news is going to be remembered.

Channel 8 video reviewed and creative editing was probable. Dependence on Plaxico's event in the discussion makes clear the mayors intent was clearly recorded.
    Mayor speaks on firearms & city?s future

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well, I find a dirtbag with a gun...no license. The charge is only Misd if adult. If a juvi...they will never see jail-time, nothing more than probation. Penalties in this county in general are a joke.

Top Bottom