HEA 1296 Signed, Gov Holcomb Now on the Pro-2A Bandwagon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Yes. I believe he even said so during his campaign.
    I guess rainwater should wake up and smell the coffee and realize that we live in a 2 party (many times one party) system and that running as an L is only going to result in him getting L’s every election.

Libertarians can an do get elected running as Republicans. Good ones like Ron and Rand Paul, Massie, and some others.

Many people are too intellectually lazy or defeatist to bother voting outside the 2 parties so just as the prog/Coms have rotted out the old blue dog core of the dems and basically made them extinct (Joe Manchin is the only kinda sorta blue dog I can think of left)

Serious conservatives and conservative libertarians need to kill off the scumbag RINOs which abound in the Republican Party (Collins Murkowski Romney and depending on the day Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell all need to be LONG gone)

It’s more than possible, it just needs to be done. Good libertarians need to run as and primary crap rinos. Running as libertarians in national or high level stuff like governor is a waste of time and money. They also really need to nip the open border BS in the bud.

WhiskE TangO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Bargersville
    I guess rainwater should wake up and smell the coffee and realize that we live in a 2 party (many times one party) system and that running as an L is only going to result in him getting L’s every election.

Libertarians can an do get elected running as Republicans. Good ones like Ron and Rand Paul, Massie, and some others.

Many people are too intellectually lazy or defeatist to bother voting outside the 2 parties so just as the prog/Coms have rotted out the old blue dog core of the dems and basically made them extinct (Joe Manchin is the only kinda sorta blue dog I can think of left)

Serious conservatives and conservative libertarians need to kill off the scumbag RINOs which abound in the Republican Party (Collins Murkowski Romney and depending on the day Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell all need to be LONG gone)

It’s more than possible, it just needs to be done. Good libertarians need to run as and primary crap rinos. Running as libertarians in national or high level stuff like governor is a waste of time and money. They also really need to nip the open border BS in the bud.
    L-I-B-E-R-T-A-R-I-A-N

Only way I vote

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    L-I-B-E-R-T-A-R-I-A-N

Only way I vote
    Enjoy the L’s I guess. The vast majority of people won’t vote outside the two major parties for better or worse (mostly worse) especially these days, it’s so stupid and polarized people don’t look anywhere past the (R) or (D) so you have to work within that stupidity to change stuff.

WhiskE TangO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Bargersville
    Enjoy the L’s I guess. The vast majority of people won’t vote outside the two major parties for better or worse (mostly worse) especially these days, it’s so stupid and polarized people don’t look anywhere past the (R) or (D) so you have to work within that stupidity to change stuff.
    Not all of them are great, but then they are on-par or better than most I have seen from the other sides.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not all of them are great, but then they are on-par or better than most I have seen from the other sides.
    I think his point is that it doesn't matter how good they are if they don't get elected. I like libertarian principles. I don't like that Libertarians don't win offices, in most cases.

The solution is to get some Libertarians running as titular Democrats, let the Lefties vote them in, and then they govern from a libertarian mindset.

Hell, we have a 3 Democrats in GOP clothing as Senators right now. Murkowski, Mittens, and Collins have never met a Dem policy they don't like. Joe Manchin, who runs as a Dem, is more Republican than the three of them put together. Even he is not ideal, but he's better than they are, individually or together.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    What BoR said. Libertarians need to run as D or R rather than L or Independent. I think they would do better with R than D but if it’s an overwhelmingly blue area with no chance of a R winning then run as a D.

On most days I’d consider myself a libertarian. I just want to be left alone to do what I want as long as I’m not directly hurting someone else. There are good and crazy libertarians like there are good and crazy republicans like there are democrats that are goo… ok I won’t go that far. :lmfao:

WhiskE TangO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Bargersville
    What BoR said. Libertarians need to run as D or R rather than L or Independent. I think they would do better with R than D but if it’s an overwhelmingly blue area with no chance of a R winning then run as a D.

On most days I’d consider myself a libertarian. I just want to be left alone to do what I want as long as I’m not directly hurting someone else. There are good and crazy libertarians like there are good and crazy republicans like there are democrats that are goo… ok I won’t go that far. :lmfao:
    Absolutely, I agree with your statement.
    I want to “do me, and you do you….” And we can live in happiness!

Top Bottom