• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flyfishtrip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Westfield
    I was 16 a long time ago, and learning to fly. I flew pretty low over a lake that some guys were duck hunting on. They must not have appreciated my flyby and shot at me. Only got a few marks on the bottom of the wings. Luckily it was a rental and no one noticed the marks.

More recently during some LEO training I volunteered to be the bad guy. The barrel of a 40 cal sure looks huge when it's pointed at you! Thankfully it was only simunition.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Last, what (if anything) did you learn?

A. Yes.

B. Duck! :rolleyes:

PS: "Charlie", won that round.

PurpleHeart.jpg

................But not the next one.

God bless you.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I was at an indoor firing range and a friend of mine was shooting 9mm FMJ. On one of his shots I immediately felt an impact feeling on my face. The copper jacket was laying on the carpet. It didn't even break the skin but it was the darndest thing. I should have kept it. I never told the wife. Closest I've ever come. But really a non-issue.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I was 16 a long time ago, and learning to fly. I flew pretty low over a lake that some guys were duck hunting on. They must not have appreciated my flyby and shot at me. Only got a few marks on the bottom of the wings. Luckily it was a rental and no one noticed the marks.

More recently during some LEO training I volunteered to be the bad guy. The barrel of a 40 cal sure looks huge when it's pointed at you! Thankfully it was only simunition.

You reminded me of an incident.

I was flying a Piper Seneca from Flying Cloud, MN to State College, PA on a business trip. My artificial horizon failed while on an IFR flight plan, but VFR and I landed in Napoleon, OH to fix it. The mechanic at the FBO at Napoleon loaned me their Piper Warrier to fly to Detroit City Airport to get an exchange AH.

When I returned to Napoleon, we both noticed the 1/4 inch or so bullet hole in the rear stabilizer of the Warrior, directly in line with the PIC seat.

Whoever fired the shot, didn't put in enough lead to get me in the butt.

Sobering... 1984 or so...

I have also been on the wrong side of simunition. It hurts. Great training though.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Took a rock salt .410 round in the posterior end while TP'ing a friends house in High School.

Lesson? Rock salts stings like the dickens.

Took a knife slash across my stomach during an undercover drug deal gone bad. Glad I had on a heavy shirt and that I was able to avoid serious injury by moving away.

Lesson learned: 1911 beats box knife, every time. The knife owner gets to think about this one for a very long, long, long time.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    had guns pointed at me a couple times and knives pulled on me as well. Only actually shot at once. Luckily they missed! It was close though. Lesson learned, you work behind the counter of a convenience store long enough bad stuff will happen, especially when you are alone on 3rd shift.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yep, felt like getting hit by a sledge hammer, missing part of a limb and the scars, and DAV plates remind me every day that being a Soldier can be hazardous to your health.

On the bright side Uncle Sam sends me $$$ each month.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Yes....

When I was little (about 11 or so I'm guessing), my dad found a Daisy Red Rider BB gun on the road, obviously it had been run over several time and the barrel was terribly smashed and bent, and the cocking mechanism would barely work. He brought it home anyways, I'm not sure why though.

One day, my little brother (3 years younger, so that would put him in around 8 maybe??) was goofing around with it, and I was riding my bike.

I was about 70 yards away from him, and riding directly away, I felt this extremely sharp pain on my right buttocks. The pain was so sharp that I jumped from the bike thinking I had been stung by a terrible hornet etc, and I was prepared to run away very fast.

Anyways, I see my brother laughing, and I confronted him about the PIMA, and he said that he didn't think there was any way he could ever hit me with it in the shape that the gun was in. I admitted that, and IMHO, he did it in a relatively safe manner (waited until I was facing directly away so no risk of facial injuries etc) so I let him off easy that time.

To this day he is my "shooting buddy" when I go home to visit. Out of all my immediate family members he is the one most likely to go out shooting with me.

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    i love the family bb gun wars. little welt's that usually go away quickly. no gun or knife fights. how about losing to a dewalt cordless saw though. 6 stitches & $400. lesson be more careful with power tools, will have to wait & see if lesson is learned or not.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Fishing on lake Monroe got peppered with shot a couple of times from duck hunters. Nothing Direct just pellets falling from the sky into and around the boat.

Same with the guy about the put and takes.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    We think of getting shot as a bad thing. Yet in some cases it is necessary to thin out the gene pool. We can only hope infection sets in! Bill T.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeg58FMnN8"]YouTube - wtf guy shoots self on purpose for a bet[/ame]

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Yes, twice.

Once I got a little shot in the sholder while rabbit hunting when an idiot who was walking along with a cocked single barrel shotgun stumbled. This was when I was a teen down in Owen Co.
    I learned to be very selective about who I allow around me when I go hunting.

The second time was a rifle round courtesy of one of my little yellow brothers. What I learned from this is it's not fun and I don't plan on letting it happen ever again!!!

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Lets hear it! Have you been shot by yourself, a friend, a family member, someone you didn't even know. If so, where (on the body), where (location), and by what type of firearm or weapon? Even if it was just a pellet gun or something or you were unintentionally peppered while rabbit hunting etc... and even if it wasn't a big deal. Last, what (if anything) did you learn?

Not in the body, but my ex-wife sure does "SHOOT" the hell out of my pay check each week. It's called CHILD SUPPORT, I call it an excuse for her to stay home and not get a job.

Top Bottom