• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I would love to know the words to the good mayor's oath of office.

I'll bet it contains something about upholding laws.

Something similar to the "protect and defend the constit..." Oh yea, nevermind. No one believes that old crap anymore.

Sorry.

Laws only pertain to you and me (the common people). All elected officials and LEOs are above the law. You must bow in front of them and if their initials are BHO you must kneel and kiss his hand as he extends it towards you. You will kneel before the man-GOD! :bow:;)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @ Bill B or anyone else in NWI.

The article that Bill B points to talks about a Kim Evans that that shot and then her husband killed himself in Hammond City Hall.

:dunno: Any links to what the news reports or what actually happened? I can't find anything? Looks like it was several decades ago?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Politicians are idiots. PERIOD!!!

They pass this law due to gun violence, they pass that law due to gun violence.... What the dumb idiots don't realize is, the ones that create gun violence is going to create it whether there is a law for this, a law for that or not!! BGs are going to do what they want to do.

IMO, All these stupid idiotic laws do, is use up our tax money, and hurt the law abiding folks such as you and I....

If joe smoe wants to shoot the mayor, he is going to do it whether or not there is a no gun law inside a particular building! DUHHHHH!!! Stupid dumb idiots!!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Politicians are idiots. PERIOD!!!

They pass this law due to gun violence, they pass that law due to gun violence.... What the dumb idiots don't realize is, the ones that create gun violence is going to create it whether there is a law for this, a law for that or not!! BGs are going to do what they want to do.

IMO, All these stupid idiotic laws do, is use up our tax money, and hurt the law abiding folks such as you and I....

If joe smoe wants to shoot the mayor, he is going to do it whether or not there is a no gun law inside a particular building! DUHHHHH!!! Stupid dumb idiots!!!!

Politicians are NOT idiots!
    They know exactly what they do and how to use fear as their tool to gain power over the general populations which in turn they use to bring in more money (via taxes) to "protect" the population from the "fear" they have stated.

The root cause of the problem is not the politician for he is the by-product of the real root cause. The root cause is you, me, Bill B, and every other US Citizen that wakes up in the morning. We have let the politicians run the "world" as they see fit. We have allowed them to tell us what we can and can not do. In addition there are many citizens that would rather not deal with the reality of the world (ie. There will always be evil in the world as long as their are humans) and would rather believe that everyone is civil and by setting a set of ground rules (ie. laws) everyone will follow them and thus they do not have to think about any evil things that can happen since everyone will follow the rules. You see it is too harsh to have to accept that reality is not all nice. So instead the general citizen has allowed the politician to "handle" the bad stuff.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Politicians are NOT idiots!
    They know exactly what they do and how to use fear as their tool to gain power over the general populations which in turn they use to bring in more money (via taxes) to "protect" the population from the "fear" they have stated.

The root cause of the problem is not the politician for he is the by-product of the real root cause. The root cause is you, me, Bill B, and every other US Citizen that wakes up in the morning. We have let the politicians run the "world" as they see fit. We have allowed them to tell us what we can and can not do. In addition there are many citizens that would rather not deal with the reality of the world (ie. There will always be evil in the world as long as their are humans) and would rather believe that everyone is civil and by setting a set of ground rules (ie. laws) everyone will follow them and thus they do not have to think about any evil things that can happen since everyone will follow the rules. You see it is too harsh to have to accept that reality is not all nice. So instead the general citizen has allowed the politician to "handle" the bad stuff.

Okay I have to interject here.

While I don't agree with gun bans or "gun free zones" or the like I must disagree about some of your asssertions above.

1. I agree that many politicians like to "be in charge" but I don't think that is any different than your boss at work that likes to "be in charge". Politicians simply have more power over more people - power that WE have given them (in most cases).

2. Politicians don't create fear & pass laws to bring in more taxes. Politicians could care less about the taxes they bring in ON A PERSONAL LEVEL. It's not like they PERSONALLY benefit (get a % cut) from tax revenues. The laws they pass are an extension of the "I like to be in charge" concept I mention above.

I will say, though, that many politicians make laws that benefit their wealthy "buddies" which could benefit them after they get out of office (if they ever do). But it's not the taxes per se that they are after. It's the power & influence that it gets them in their little (but growing) sphere of associates that they are after.

3. You are right that most people want their elected representatives to "handle the bad stuff". That's what governments are for. We hired them specifically to "tell us what we can and can not do" or, IOW, to pass laws.

We elect them to pass laws that we have every expectation that others in our society will follow but we also have provisions in those laws to punish those that refuse to follow the rules. That's what a civililized society does. It's what make our society function.

You can't argue that GENERALLY laws are useless because they only affect the law-abiding & that no law is going to stop a criminal. While the latter is true the former isn't. Law-abiding people wouldn't need most laws in order to act appropriately (letting alone the concept of what "acting appropriately" really means).

The problem is that, for those that won't "act appropriately", how do we communicate to them what the standards of conduct are in our society? Well, we pass laws, that's how.

How do we pass laws? Well, we have determined that the most efficient way to do that is by electing a small number of representatives to pass those laws WITH OUR BLESSING. If we don't like the laws that are passed then we have the Right to elect a different set of representatives who will pass laws that we like better. If a politician stays in office then that must mean that either the majority of people are OK with the laws that he has voted to pass (or he wouldn't be in office any longer) - or people just don't care. Either way that's not necessarily the politicians fault (even though I think that people who become politicians should hold themselves to a higher standard). It's the people that put him there in the first place or, even more importantly, kept him there after they knew what he would really do while in office.

So when you say that the "the root cause is you, me, Bill B, and every other US Citizen that wakes up in the morning" you're exactly right. But the question then is what is the alternative? No elected officials? No laws - since they don't deter crime anyway? Should each of us handle things (those "evil" things that you mention) completely in our own way as we individually see fit? Any other system than that will lead right back to people electing respresentaives & those representatives telling us what we can and can not do.

Overall, I think that most politicians really do think that they are doing the right thing & are honestly trying to help people, though they may be misguided on what some would define as "helping".

The problem here is that there are some things that are "off limits" per the Constitution. Gun Rights are one of those things. One that people here care a lot about. Not everyone feels the same way, though. There ARE people who honestly believe that it is IMMORAL to allow a civilized society the tools to more easily kill each other with (typically on the liberal side but not exclusively).

Just as I know that there are many people (typically on the conservative side but not exclusively there either) who find it IMMORAL to follow another religion, allow two gay people to marry or, if you want to avoid the gay issue, to allow two people of different ethnicities to marry. They would (& have) HAPPILY favor laws to force them to follow what they believe is MORAL even though Constitutionally religion (& sexuality - the whole "pursuit of happiness" thing) is outside the bounds of government control.

Thankfully the tide is turning on peoples views on gun Rights. Even among liberal's the anti-gun mentality isn't quite as prevalent. Sure there will be those that are always going to be die-hard anti-gunners & nothing will change their minds. Those are the ones you hear now who are yelling the loudest but, by seeing the trends in gun right laws being passed, they aren't very effective. They know it, too. That's why they are yelling so loudly. (Not that it couldn't go back the other way so we have to keep their feet to the fire.)

It's also, thankfully, just like peoples views are changing for the better on other MORAL issues. But then you hear the die hard religious moralists yelling even louder, and for the same reasons.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A class action lawsuit was filed today against the City of Hammond.

See Press Releases

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I call front row seat to see the fire that Hammond just got itself into. Can't wait to hear how the local newspaper is going to spin this. Can't wait to hear the sound type for the mayor of Hammond.

BTW looks like Bill B will be sleeping outside soon. ;)

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    :yesway::yesway:2 huge thumbs up for Samuel G. Dykstra and Michelle L. Bahus.....I applaud the both of you for standing up for your rights! Know you have all of us rooting you on. I hope Hammond gets a legal beat down of epic proportions.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :yesway::yesway:2 huge thumbs up for Samuel G. Dykstra and Michelle L. Bahus.....I applaud the both of you for standing up for your rights! Know you have all of us rooting you on. I hope Hammond gets a legal beat down of epic proportions.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

I don't think either of them are INGO memeber for sure not the latter.

Top Bottom