• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Probably not. The people who made those decisions will never be near a hot zone, never held accountable and probably already been promoted because of their 'service'

The ones who will miss the experienced non-coms will be those at the tip of the spear
    Sad but true

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Unrelated question: I looked for the telegram app in the iTunes Store. There are more thank one. Which one will allow me to see the telegram videos

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Talib has proven that she is a conduit for Hamas and therefore Iran's gameplan to create unrest here.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So what are the recall rules when bringing back recently discharged military? Would those that refused the jab be included in a mandatory recall?
    I'm glad you asked! Like @actaeon277 said, it depends.

I know the rules can be different for Officers, maybe @Alamo could roll in on the commissioned side.

Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) : These are the folks who did there 4 years and got out. Enlistees have an 8 year service commitment. Do 4-6 years active duty, you still have 2-4 years of IRR before you are done with the service commitment. This is not to be confused with Regular Reservists (which come in many flavors.)

Reserves are Federal (Title 10,) National Guard are dual State/Federal chain of command (Title 32/Title 10.)

A "mobilization" is required to bring anybody back to active duty. These include: voluntary, partial, and full (haven't had a full mob since WWII.) Partial gets Reserve and Guard Units called to active duty for up to 2 years. Partial mob gets the IRR.

During OEF/OIF the Army used the partial mob to keep a lot of troops for 8 years no matter how long their enlistment paperwork said.

IRR = Service calls them to active duty. Full Mob can reach out and get the Retirees (AKA Blue ID Mafia.)

Service commitment: non-medically retired means a 30 year service commitment. I did 21.5 active duty, got letters every year from the Air Force Reserve Personnel Center (since I was Retired Reserve at that point) until I hit my service commitment in 2016. At that point, my service commitment to the USAF was over.

NOT SO FAST, LONE-STAR!! The USAF can't get me, but the DoD can. One section under Title 10 (688 IIRC) divides retirees for recall to active duty into three groups: non-medically retired/retired less than 5 years. Non-medically retired/retired more than 5 years. Medically retired.

One thing I noticed from the letters from the USAF Reserve Personnel Center: it showed me as fully qualified in two career fields.

I was Base Supply for 13 years, and a Manpower and Organization Analyst for 8 years. In September 2007 when I retired (and because of all the crazy rules with secondary AF Specialty Codes) I was still showing as a fully-qualified in Supply Management (if I was active duty in January 2008, it would've dropped off.)

So in 2016, Big Blue (Reserve) still thought I was fully qualified in a career field I left in 1999.

Like Act said, it depends. EOD/TACP/PJ/Combat Controllers are always in demand. Comm (what the civvie world calls IT), no COMM no bomb. AF Cops (Security Forces) will be needed.

Aircraft Maintenance: you ain't gonna put an old F-4 Crew Chief on an F-35, too much training involved. Big Blue will have to play the cards they have.

Civil Engineers: those are are getting recalled.

Supply: Computers have changed. Trucks/forklifts/warehouses? Ain't changed since Nam.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I’m not generally a doom and gloom, conspiracy, end of the world guy. Still not. BUT, yeah I know you don’t start a sentence with but, I think we are closer to the edge than maybe ever. At least since the Cuban missile crisis, except this time with a senile president and an ineffective congress, polarized by mutual hate and tribalism. I really hope I am overreacting. Still, 38 years military and my spidy senses are tingling. Hopefully just carpal tunnel in my elbows.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Age limit? I thought I was told 45 or 46. Its been a while, can not remember for sure.
    Age limit, high school degree, all that stuff depends on how much manpower is needed, and how much manpower is supplied.

I don't know about now, but I do know Naval Nuclear Power Program refused to change requirements based on input/output numbers.
    If they needed 1,000 nukes and only 800 graduated, then everyone just worked harder.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Age limit, high school degree, all that stuff depends on how much manpower is needed, and how much manpower is supplied.

I don't know about now, but I do know Naval Nuclear Power Program refused to change requirements based on input/output numbers.
    If they needed 1,000 nukes and only 800 graduated, then everyone just worked harder.
    This. And especially on the back end stuff. As much as we have gone computerized, I'm sure they'd accept my 51yo hobbled network/ham radio butt to run cables and do LAN/radio work for the fancy computer/radio nets required to get the mission done.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Now
    I am used to u

But you're now. You gotta get your body back to a circadian normal. Be visiting you in a couple few hours. Headed up to Hammond and going to a church fish fry in Schererville tonight. Going to a scleroderma conference in Chicago this weekend

Top Bottom