• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They misspelled the "fact-checker"s name. It's "Pravda".
    Seems like they are calling out Reuters fact checkers,not Pravada?

Reuters’ “fact-check” is even prompting Hamas sympathizers to argue that the attack didn’t happen at all.

Reuters fact-checked an online video taken from an Israeli concert but not the music festival Hamas infiltrated last weekend.

The outlet used the video to debunk the claim that Israelis were “running for their lives.”

The video Reuters used for the “fact-check” was filmed on October 4 at a different concert and didn’t show people running for their lives.

It simply shows people running through the gates of a concert.

However, Reuters makes no mention of the fact that hundreds of Israelis were actually slaughtered at a concert three days later, suggesting to some that the attacks never even happened.

The social media giant’s parent company Meta employs Reuters as a “fact-checking partner” in six countries, including the United States and Israel, according to the Washington Free Beacon.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm not low on amo.
    I'm not either. Although there is ZERO Internet at the Little League fields out in Amo/Coatsville so I can't lurk INGO between innings. I've heard the pizza out there is really good.

I'm not low on ammo either... ;)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    "An attack on a similar percentage of the U.S. population would result in 50,000 murdered, 7,000 kidnapped, and 100,000 injured"

They all got this same rhetoric memo and I'm sick of it. Israeli lives are not worth more than American lives. You don't get a special multiplier to your deaths just because you're Jewish. Knock it off.
    It's to manipulate Americans into fighting Israel's war for them. That's why there's 24/7 wall to wall mainstream media coverage, and all the panicking that pushes people to running almost every ammo website out of stock.

They know what they're doing. And they'll crutch on using religion to fuel their message because it works on the target demographic. Even though the same people crutching it would have told you just days prior that you're an evil white far right religious zealot. They think you're stupid enough to believe them.

I wonder how much money Hill and Knowlton has been paid at this point?
    NOT going to argue that this is not designed to tug at the heartstrings....

But since when has simple math been disallowed to make a point or paint a picture or try to give perspective to make something more relatable?

I did care enough to check their math and based on a US population of 320 million their numbers are subject to rounding errors, with the deaths up by 3000 and injuries down by 37,000.

There's no "Israeli lives worth more" in the equation. There's no rhetoric, it's just math, and actually fairly conservative at that.

You can not like the cause, but to be intellectually honest you can't argue with this particular math.

Once again, it's obviously designed to manipulate emotions at its worst or just draw a picture at its best, but what "news" is not there to manipulate, these days?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "An attack on a similar percentage of the U.S. population would result in 50,000 murdered, 7,000 kidnapped, and 100,000 injured"

They all got this same rhetoric memo and I'm sick of it. Israeli lives are not worth more than American lives. You don't get a special multiplier to your deaths just because you're Jewish. Knock it off.

I don’t know thst I’d go as far as saying they meant that as Israeli lives are more important. I took it more as an appeal to emotion. It’s drawing a greater importance to the scale than it warrants.

An attack on a scale that would kill 50000 Americans would have to be a very large operation. Scale isn’t transferable to the actual impact. So the absolute number, not the percentage is what’s impotent.

That works both ways. It is every bit as impactful as 9/11 was to us. I dunno though. Maybe instead of a patriot act, arming their civilians will be the permanent result. Not likely.

Top Bottom