• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, if that's your point I think I can largely agree with that. I don't see how this equates to treating everyone in Gaza as "combatant until proven otherwise" but perhaps I am being too pedantic here.

I can't speak for others, but I certainly wasn't trying to criticize Israel for how they are doing things, and you're right that they absolutely need to pull out all the stops, so to speak, in order to completely eradicate Hamas, which probably means completely eradicating most of Gaza as it currently exists, if they want to avoid an endless repetition of the horrors of October 7. But whatever they feel they can do, in the midst of all this, to spare those who are innocent, like children and elderly, is good on them in my book.
    Nobody was criticizing Israel here. Here is the original post he replied to with this.
    Or maybe they just don't want to kill a bunch of non-combatants.
    That was what I found odd.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Or maybe they just don't want to kill a bunch of non-combatants.
    I disagree.

They are being forced to do things that the United States has never done, defiantly not Russia or any other country in the world.

They are doing it because the world hates them, and are looking for any excuse to see them fail.
    I think you will see countries stop supporting Israel that is now especially the US if Democrat's win the 2024 election.

Antisemitism is way worse here and around the world than I ever thought possible until I seen all the cheering of Hamas over their Oct 7th attack on innocent civilians. Rape, murder, torture. People cheering in even those supposed to be in higher education, and future leaders of this country.

So of you think Israel is going way above and beyond any country in the history of the world to protect citizens just because they are trying to keep civilian population safe go ahead believe that. I disagree with you on that take given history and the hate the world has for a country and people the size of New Jersey.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I disagree.

They are being forced to do things that the United States has never done, defiantly not Russia or any other country in the world.

They are doing it because the world hates them, and are looking for any excuse to see them fail.
    I think you will see countries stop supporting Israel that is now especially the US if Democrat's win the 2024 election.

Antisemitism is way worse here and around the world than I ever thought possible until I seen all the cheering of Hamas over their Oct 7th attack on innocent civilians. Rape, murder, torture. People cheering in even those supposed to be in higher education, and future leaders of this country.

So of you think Israel is going way above and beyond any country in the history of the world to protect citizens just because they are trying to keep civilian population safe go ahead believe that. I disagree with you on that take given history and the hate the world has for a country and people the size of New Jersey.
    Neither of us KNOWS why they do what they are doing. I was merely stating an alternative possibility.

I would guess the truth is some combination of the two.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Israel's Gaza operation is not going to "secure" the furute of Gaza residents. Israel may destroy or severely cripple Hamas, but it will also polarize the residents agianst Israel, to the extent tehy are not already polarized.
    So, the people who hate them and want them dead will hate them even more? Want them deader? Small price to pay for all Hamas leadership dead or captured and 40 to 60% of the foot soldiers in the same condition

And I would think anybody within IDF reach might be a bit more cautious about their behavior. I guarantee that if we conducted operations like the IDF does/has people would be a lot more cautious about ****ing with us (provided we didn't give all our ammunition to Zelenskyy)

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This thing is a no win situation forever!

If you're born in Gaza your born into an open air prison. You have no passport. You can't go anywhere. Nobody will take you in even if Israel or Egypt allow you to leave. Egypt secures the border on the south. Israel impedes all trade to the east, west, and north. So these folks can't even trade with anyone, not that they have much to trade.

Yes, Hamas was elected. Almost 20 years ago. No elections since. And Hamas will brutalize or kill anyone who challenges them. So the folks living there either "join" Hamas to get a job or it sucks. Much like having to join the communist party under the Soviet Union to get a real job.

The Israeli's and Egyptians hate them. They (Gazan's) hate them back. If we were born there we'd hate them too. Imagine being born in a :poop:hole that you cannot leave and there's basically one country (Israel) that won't let you travel north, east or west.

The "best" solution as I see it is to forcefully move everyone out of Gaza and split the territory evenly between Egypt and Israel. But nobody wants the Gazans so where would you put 2.4 million people? The best mathematical split would be for 48 countries to take 50,000 people. The USA could do this easily. 1,000 per state. Our demographics are declining so this wouldn't be bad, plus 1,000 per state would be insignificant statistically. But we don't want them and we're fairly liberal.

This solution will never be implemented so no point going farther.

Even if Israel kills every hostile member of Hamas it won't matter. People are still being born in a :poop:hole and not allowed to leave. So no matter what happens people will still be po'd at Israel and Egypt.

If Israel would allow some degree of open trade by sea perhaps(?) Gaza could develop some sort of low skilled industrial build out eventually(?) moving into medium skilled jobs. Improve(?) education, etc. But Israel won't do this even though in the long run it would benefit Israel.

Or Egypt could allow land transport to the south, but they won't do this either.

So it's a forever war. Gazans will continue to hate and try to kill Israelis and I don't really blame them. Israelis will continue to hate Gazans and I don't really blame them.

It just sucks.

Regards,

Doug

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    This thing is a no win situation forever!

If you're born in Gaza your born into an open air prison. You have no passport. You can't go anywhere. Nobody will take you in even if Israel or Egypt allow you to leave. Egypt secures the border on the south. Israel impedes all trade to the east, west, and north. So these folks can't even trade with anyone, not that they have much to trade.

Yes, Hamas was elected. Almost 20 years ago. No elections since. And Hamas will brutalize or kill anyone who challenges them. So the folks living there either "join" Hamas to get a job or it sucks. Much like having to join the communist party under the Soviet Union to get a real job.

The Israeli's and Egyptians hate them. They (Gazan's) hate them back. If we were born there we'd hate them too. Imagine being born in a :poop:hole that you cannot leave and there's basically one country (Israel) that won't let you travel north, east or west.

The "best" solution as I see it is to forcefully move everyone out of Gaza and split the territory evenly between Egypt and Israel. But nobody wants the Gazans so where would you put 2.4 million people? The best mathematical split would be for 48 countries to take 50,000 people. The USA could do this easily. 1,000 per state. Our demographics are declining so this wouldn't be bad, plus 1,000 per state would be insignificant statistically. But we don't want them and we're fairly liberal.

This solution will never be implemented so no point going farther.

Even if Israel kills every hostile member of Hamas it won't matter. People are still being born in a :poop:hole and not allowed to leave. So no matter what happens people will still be po'd at Israel and Egypt.

If Israel would allow some degree of open trade by sea perhaps(?) Gaza could develop some sort of low skilled industrial build out eventually(?) moving into medium skilled jobs. Improve(?) education, etc. But Israel won't do this even though in the long run it would benefit Israel.

Or Egypt could allow land transport to the south, but they won't do this either.

So it's a forever war. Gazans will continue to hate and try to kill Israelis and I don't really blame them. Israelis will continue to hate Gazans and I don't really blame them.

It just sucks.

Regards,

Doug
    The length of time since the election doesn’t change the fact they chose their leadership. Their poor choice has sealed the fate of generations. If they really cared for the suffering of their people, they would now chose to not procreate. Most of them have Jordanian heritage. Send them there forcibly.
    several 2 state solution offers have been made. The response makes it clear that they only want the elimination of Israel. It’s clear that there is no peace going forward as long as there is breath left in gaza. Sorry. There’s only 1 solution other than giving all the territory back to hamas and everyJew leaving the territory.

Top Bottom