• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    We just got back from visiting with the extended family in Israel...feels like we spent most of our time on airplanes, but it was a really good trip.

The situation there is just so surreal. My baby sister, who used to call me a gun nut for keeping a gun in the house, now carries a pistol to work. On the other hand, her kids don’t really seem phased by the war, their routine has been pretty normal since the initial attacks last year.

We have been very fortunate, none of my immediate family has been injured or killed, but one of my cousins was wounded in action and is now recovering. My sister’s nanny lost a brother to the violence, and now her mom is bugging her to go to the US until the fighting ends, but I think she wants to stay and help in Israel.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Was what you posted supposed to prove a link between our tax dollars and the wealth of Hamas leaders?
    We funded them into existing and kept funding them even the week before they attacked and raided Israel. Even the UN funding was mostly from us. Virtually all NGO money was from the US and USAID. The only NGO I have heard mentioned not funded by the USA is the Red Crescent....then looked...sigh. We have been paying most of that as well.

Not only does USAID pay the Red Crescent now(at least since 2021),but it has long been policy for local embassies to give hundreds of thousands to them in the event of local natural disasters. Our CDC and FDA gave them covid funds(millions) to "inform and vaccinate". NIH throws wads of cash to them and the red cross for various programs.
    Even the CFR has given them funds.

In short....we built and funded them. Israel themselves helped along the way to.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    We funded them into existing and kept funding them even the week before they attacked and raided Israel. Even the UN funding was mostly from us. Virtually all NGO money was from the US and USAID. The only NGO I have heard mentioned not funded by the USA is the Red Crescent....then looked...sigh. We have been paying most of that as well.

Not only does USAID pay the Red Crescent now(at least since 2021),but it has long been policy for local embassies to give hundreds of thousands to them in the event of local natural disasters. Our CDC and FDA gave them covid funds(millions) to "inform and vaccinate". NIH throws wads of cash to them and the red cross for various programs.
    Even the CFR has given them funds.

In short....we built and funded them. Israel themselves helped along the way to.

Yet another example why I believe we need a relatively isolationist foreign policy. We apparently can't find competent enough people to be involved outside of our borders.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yet another example why I believe we need a relatively isolationist foreign policy. We apparently can't find competent enough people to be involved outside of our borders.
    The whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing sure hasn't been working out. That's created most of our "foreign entanglements" about which we were warned.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing sure hasn't been working out. That's created most of our "foreign entanglements" about which we were warned.

It never works out for the long haul, it can work for a short term goal though.

We're a country structured on taking a 180 degree turn every 4 years, so politicians always aim for short term solutions. This means we're going to remain in a perpetual mess until people wise up and start isolating.

To deal with most of these kind of issues, you'd need half a century of ground work and consistent planning/organization towards a solidly defined goal. It's not feasible for us, and that's why so many of our geopolitical rivals can take our lunch on the soft power game.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It never works out for the long haul, it can work for a short term goal though.

We're a country structured on taking a 180 degree turn every 4 years, so politicians always aim for short term solutions. This means we're going to remain in a perpetual mess until people wise up and start isolating.

To deal with most of these kind of issues, you'd need half a century of ground work and consistent planning/organization towards a solidly defined goal. It's not feasible for us, and that's why so many of our geopolitical rivals can take our lunch on the soft power game.
    1705021367448.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Turkey sides with Russia and Iran.
    Getting closer to Ezekiel 38,39 war.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A fundamental issue there is no other surrounding nation wants them. Not Egypt, Jordan, or Lebanon in particular. They've proven themselves to be complete assholes for many decades, stirring up crap and raising hell wherever they go. They're pariahs in the region.
    Yeah. Imagine your cousin’s family is taken in by your brother.

Shortly after the cousins kids start fights with your brother’s kids.

Then your cousin goes to the bank and tries to transfer the house into his name via a quitclaim deed so he can take over and make it his so he can force your brothers family out. Cops come finally and kick the cousins out.

Cousin calls you and whines about how he and his family has nowhere to live. Are you going to let them move in to your house after that?

That is why nobody wants them there. They have a LONG history of creating mayhem everywhere they have been allowed refuge.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

I remember back when the war with the Houthis was genocidal oppression and a humanitarian disaster and the weapons needed to be cut off to Saudi Arabia to stop it.

Now we're fighting their war and footing the bill for them, because it turned out the Houthis were a-holes and the Saudis were fighting them for a reason.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    NPR gonna NPR. This morning during the usual screed they interviewed protesters outside the International Court of Justice, where Israel is facing genocide charges (LOL) brought by South Africa (double LOL). I should say protester, singular, since the only one we heard from was a Jewish teacher from UK who agreed with the genocide charges (he should get some counseling for that suicidal ideation). Of course they quoted the Hamas casualty figures as fact.

The follow-up found that only about 50% of the ICJ rulings are complied with in any way.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    NPR gonna NPR. This morning during the usual screed they interviewed protesters outside the International Court of Justice, where Israel is facing genocide charges (LOL) brought by South Africa (double LOL). I should say protester, singular, since the only one we heard from was a Jewish teacher from UK who agreed with the genocide charges (he should get some counseling for that suicidal ideation). Of course they quoted the Hamas casualty figures as fact.

The follow-up found that only about 50% of the ICJ rulings are complied with in any way.
    Drop that teacher off in the middle of Hamas controlled part of Gaza and get a real education about genocide a few seconds before shim dies or is taken as another leftist hostage.

Top Bottom