• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The Growlers became operational around the time I retired in 2007. It can also perform the Wild Weasel mission carrying AGM-88 HARMs.

The jammer pods... that have been being replaced for 20 years... that are the same ones the E/F-111 carried...
    Well, I think carriers stuck with Prowlers, before the Hornet Growlers.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

Qatar needs to hand Hamas leaders over that they are harboring, and protecting. If not we pull all our aid and forces out of there and let them deal with Iran themselves. Just my opinion.
    I would rather see a morning news report that stated hamas leadership in Qatar was mysteriously found dead, but no evidence that it was Israeli assassins.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Tunnels,
    Thermobaric explosives are un believable. You can set a baseball size charge off and see the Shockwave and feel it.

More of a medieval tactic is foogas you mix it up and pour it into the vents.
    Doesn’t mustard gas settle in low lying areas?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Only because the typical “journalist “ is a weak minded communist.
    Yeah. I swear I pulled an eye muscle reading that.

I get getting kinda effed up over graphic images. But taken to the hospital bad? C'mon! Rub some dirt in it snowflake. Get back out there.
    And of course that liberal snowflake "journalist" wont be able to adequately tell the story because they are too triggered, so word doesnt get out. SMH

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    EA-18 Growlers aren't they pretty old also? Or like everything else get upgraded?
    As military aircraft go they are not very old. They were new-builds, not converted F/A-18 E/Fs. First operational Growler was delivered in 2008, I think, and full production started in 2009.

And there have been block upgrades of the EW equipment.

Fun fact: USAF supplies some of the EA-18G crews.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would rather see a morning news report that stated hamas leadership in Qatar was mysteriously found dead, but no evidence that it was Israeli assassins.

If there's one thing I've learned with terrorist groups, decapitation strikes do not work. You always go after the middle men organizing and rallying people. The leaders are just there to sit around with a thumb up their ass and look pretty for cameras.

The only surefire way to wipe out such things is having the gall to go full force, no concern of civilian causalities or war crimes, and do what needs to be done.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Taking out the enemy's C2 (Command and Control) is Warfare 101 (on page 1.)

Sounds like the Israelis are doing this by targeting leadership. You can bet Hamas doesn't have much of a bench.

Taysir Mubasher, the commander of the North Khan Yunis battalion of Hamas, was killed by Israeli soldiers Wednesday morning, according to intelligence gathered by Israel Defense Forces and Israel Securities Authority.

Mubasher, who previously served as a commander in Hamas' naval forces and held positions in weapons manufacturing, had extensive experience in the military, according to the IDF. He was also related to senior Hamas operatives, including Mohammed Deif, supreme commander of Hamas' military wing.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    If there's one thing I've learned with terrorist groups, decapitation strikes do not work. You always go after the middle men organizing and rallying people. The leaders are just there to sit around with a thumb up their ass and look pretty for cameras.

The only surefire way to wipe out such things is having the gall to go full force, no concern of civilian causalities or war crimes, and do what needs to be done.
    It would be more for the reaction of Qatar’s government Seeing that Israel can infiltrate anywhere they choose.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Yes they did. They voted in HAMAS as their political representation (probably), and have done nothing that the rest of the world sees to fight against them. Rather, they teach their children to throw rocks at Israeli soldiers.
    That’s like saying “Americans get what they deserve they voted for __________” even though half or more depending how you view things despises and disagrees with that side of the guv wholeheartedly…

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It would be more for the reaction of Qatar’s government Seeing that Israel can infiltrate anywhere they choose.
    I'll admit I never heard of Qatar until Big Blue parked some F-16s there in the 90s.

Strange place Qatar, Al Udeid Air Base has the Combined Forces Air (and Space) Operations Center (CAOC.) Runs all air operations in the Middle East. It's in the middle of nowhere, you can see the Earth curve because nothing blocks your view. Sun Tzu would approve of the location.

In 2005 when I was there I thought the Qataris made a deal with the devil. Al Jezeera is based there. Qatar was involved with the worst trade in history (Deserter Bergdahl for 5 Taliban commanders, one was taking selfies in the Presidential Palace when Kabul fell. Compared to this, Brittney Griner for the Merchant of Death was the 2nd worst trade of all time.)

A lot of third-country nationals doing the work, including the Egyptian national who drove a car-bomb into a British school in Doha when I was there. 30 minutes earlier and it wouldn't have hit the empty cafeteria. I remember hearing that the school was the secondary target, but that's for another thread.

I think the actions during the World Cup (banning alcohol in the stadium at the last minute) was very telling. "We aren't that modern" was the message.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I'll admit I never heard of Qatar until Big Blue parked some F-16s there in the 90s.

Strange place Qatar, Al Udeid Air Base has the Combined Forces Air (and Space) Operations Center (CAOC.) Runs all air operations in the Middle East. It's in the middle of nowhere, you can see the Earth curve because nothing blocks your view. Sun Tzu would approve of the location.

In 2005 when I was there I thought the Qataris made a deal with the devil. Al Jezeera is based there. Qatar was involved with the worst trade in history (Deserter Bergdahl for 5 Taliban commanders, one was taking selfies in the Presidential Palace when Kabul fell. Compared to this, Brittney Griner for the Merchant of Death was the 2nd worst trade of all time.)

A lot of third-country nationals doing the work, including the Egyptian national who drove a car-bomb into a British school in Doha when I was there. 30 minutes earlier and it wouldn't have hit the empty cafeteria. I remember hearing that the school was the secondary target, but that's for another thread.

I think the actions during the World Cup (banning alcohol in the stadium at the last minute) was very telling. "We aren't that modern" was the message.
    Was there once on first tour. Got sent to the base there in my last month in theater for a 4 day pass. Thought it was heaven csuse they had a pool and a chili's restaurant at the pool. Never got off the base for the local tour but didn't care.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was there once on first tour. Got sent to the base there in my last month in theater for a 4 day pass. Thought it was heaven csuse they had a pool and a chili's restaurant at the pool. Never got off the base for the local tour but didn't care.
    Camp As Sayliyyah in Doha had the Chilis when I was there. Looks like CENTCOM Forward might now be on Al Udeid. When were you there?

Top Bottom