• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Some of us consider an invasion, a mad dictator with nukes, the potential rebirth of part of the USSR, and the death of thousands more important than drag queen story hour.
    Not sure why you chose that topic to use, but there are a hell of a lot more important things for a Presidential candidate to be talking about. Energy, inflation, out of control government spending, etc.

As Jamil said, we've pissed away enough money on Ukraine. Let those closer to them support them if they wish. No more money, and definitely no blood. We don't need to waste the lives of any of our youth fighting there.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne

First politician to run against Trump.
    She’s already talking that we need to rain in the Social Security “entitlement”. I can produce a receipt for ever dime I have contributed. It’s only an entitlement when politicians use it to buy votes! She’s already done

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    She’s already talking that we need to rain in the Social Security “entitlement”. I can produce a receipt for ever dime I have contributed. It’s only an entitlement when politicians use it to buy votes! She’s already done
    Ya, it's not an entitlement if you have paid into the system and expect to get it back. It is an entitlement if you never paid into the system and expect to get something for nothing. She needs to be very specific with who the "entitled ones" are who the system is paying out too.
    I never really cared for her.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ya, it's not an entitlement if you have paid into the system and expect to get it back. It is an entitlement if you never paid into the system and expect to get something for nothing. She needs to be very specific with who the "entitled ones" are who the system is paying out too.
    I never really cared for her.
    Not defending her as I think she is a RINO, the dollars that roll out of SS that go to those that did NOT pay in could be what she means.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Not defending her as I think she is a RINO, the dollars that roll out of SS that go to those that did NOT pay in could be what she means.
    Probably not what she means, since the only people who can receive SS payments who did not pay in are the spouses or disabled family members of those who did pay in.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Some of us consider an invasion, a mad dictator with nukes, the potential rebirth of part of the USSR, and the death of thousands more important than drag queen story hour.
    Perhaps you should read The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, or at least the Cliff Notes

Spoiler: It wasn't external enemies that brought down the world's mightiest empire

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My understanding is the broadening of definition of disability, covering things never intended to be covered.
    Like what? I don't see anything in the most commonly covered disabilities that seems to be out of line or easily exploitable.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Lemme get this straight - Democrats are evil because they vote for Democrats. But if they stop voting for Democrats (because they don't like the progressive agenda) and start voting for Republicans, they're still evil? ... because reasons?
    Because they are not conservatives.

I don’t know a single democrat that’s not a progressive.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So you are missing the “trailer park” lotto.

It‘s very common around here come up with something to get on SSI. Then get a couple of your kids on it and you are set for life.

It opens up all kinds of welfare section 8 housing, EBT, Medicare, Dental, Glasses all kinds of freebies.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Hey guys, let’s compromise.
    You can have the best of both worlds. XYX. Big mike 2024.

Michelle-Obama-008.jpg
    Bet he has a bigger make member than most on this site…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Probably not what she means, since the only people who can receive SS payments who did not pay in are the spouses or disabled family members of those who did pay in.

See: Subsection #5

You may receive SSI for a maximum of 7 years from the date DHS granted you immigration status in one of the following categories, and the status was granted within 7 years of filing for SSI:

Refugee under Section 207 of the INA;

Asylee under Section 208 of the INA;

Alien whose deportation was withheld under Section 243(h) of the INA or whose removal is withheld under Section 241(b)(3) of the INA;

"Cuban or Haitian entrant" under Section 501(e) of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980 or in a status that is to be treated as a "Cuban/ Haitian entrant" for SSI purposes; or

"Amerasian immigrant" pursuant to P.L. 100-202, with a class of admission of AM-1 through AM-8.

TABLE 1. Eligibility for Non-Citizens

Eligibility groupFederal statutory and regulatory requirementsState plan options
    Non-citizensQualified immigrants1

• Refugees, asylees, and other humanitarian immigrants are generally eligible for Medicaid upon entering the country and remain eligible for seven years.
    Emergency Medicaid
    • States must provide limited coverage of emergency medical services to non-citizens who would qualify for full Medicaid benefits but for their immigration status, including unauthorized immigrants.

Show us on the doll where the migrants and asylees paid into the system

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

It‘s very common around here come up with something to get on SSI. Then get a couple of your kids on it and you are set for life.

It opens up all kinds of welfare section 8 housing, EBT, Medicare, Dental, Glasses all kinds of freebies.

The simple fix for SSI is to eliminate it and pay back every dime paid in to those that have been taxed and not drawn a dime.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

My idea of "set for life" generally doesn't involve a trailer park.

:):

I've got no problem with people who have paid in to the system to receive benefits for themselves and their families.

I've probably got more of a problem with SSI, which I really didn't know a whole lot about and appears to cover some that have not worked the required amount to earn regular social security. Seems like that particular program would be more ripe for abuse.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In what way is this being exploited?

People electing to file for SSDI who were capable of working but did not wish to do so in a lower paying job

Abstract
    We examine the effect of job displacement during the Great Recession on the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program. Exploiting variation in the severity and timing of the recession across states, we estimate the effect of unemployment on SSDI applications and awards. We find the Great Recession induced nearly one million SSDI applications that otherwise would not have been filed, of which 41.8% were awarded benefits, resulting in over 400,000 new beneficiaries who made up 8.9% of all SSDI entrants between 2008 and 2012. More than one-half of the recession-induced awards were made on appeal. The induced applicants had less severe impairments than the average applicant. Only 9% had the most severe, automatically-qualifying impairments, 33% had functional impairments and no transferable skills, and the rest were denied for having insufficiently severe impairments and/or transferable skills. Our estimates imply the Great Recession increased claims processing costs by $2.960 billion during 2008–2012, and SSDI benefit obligations by $55.730 billion in present value, or $97.365 billion including both SSDI and Medicare benefits.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom