• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Who cares? This is stupid to think anyone cares anymore about some myth that powerful people are not having sex with one another…
    It does speak to many aspects of character. If you will break a vow to God, why would one expect you to keep lesser vows. If you think you can sneak around and do as you please, that the only concern is not to get caught, then why would someone think you won't just do what you want rather than what your constituents want

It doesn't disqualify her but it does let a potential voter know exactly what he or she is getting. At least it appears to have been heterosexual, it remains to be seen if something kinky was what she wasn't getting at home

Edit: Just reread that citation, first time didn't notice 'multiple' affairs. If it is proven she's a slut then she should run for congress - as a democrat -
    where she'll fit right in

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It does speak to many aspects of character. If you will break a vow to God, why would one expect you to keep lesser vows. If you think you can sneak around and do as you please, that the only concern is not to get caught, then why would someone think you won't just do what you want rather than what your constituents want

It doesn't disqualify her but it does let a potential voter know exactly what he or she is getting. At least it appears to have been heterosexual, it remains to be seen if something kinky was what she wasn't getting at home

Edit: Just reread that citation, first time didn't notice 'multiple' affairs. If it is proven she's a slut then she should run for congress - as a democrat -
    where she'll fit right in
    Now do Trump. Remember we're not supposed to care about character issues.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump broke his vow to God, but he has also proven that he will strive to keep his lesser vows - no speculation about that necessary

He has demonstrated a flaw in his character, but it is no more disqualifying than Haley's is. DeSantis has not exhibited this flaw that we know of, but he also can't get the job done

Analysis: Advantage Trump. I'm not choosing him as my pastor or my friend, I'm choosing him as the best chance to turn the country in a better direction

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well I guess you are not as concerned about character issues such as breaking a sacred vow to God as much as others are then after all.

Kinda like selling out to the Devil as along as the person breaking the sacred vows that are "so important" to you is delivering what you want. Got it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well I guess you are not as concerned about character issues such as breaking a sacred vow to God as much as others are then after all.

Kinda like selling out to the Devil as along as the person breaking the sacred vows that are "so important" to you is delivering what you want. Got it.
    I learned quite some time ago that the only person's behavior that I can truly control is my own

You seem upset by any criticism of DeSantis. You're not part of a cult of personality or anything, are you?

Asking for a friend

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hey you're the one that got all hypocritical up in here by condemning Haley for braking sacred vows to God while at the same time giving Trump a pass for doing the same thing all because he can deliver what you want. I get that Trump is your guy and Haley is not your gal hence the hall pass for Trump.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Make no mistake I'm not condoning what Haley has allegedly done. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly, because a person who would lie to their spouse would lie to us.
    I think all politicians lie. Unfortunately, lying is part of the job. Not that it makes it justifiable. It just is.

But, lying to one's spouse is a deeper issue. And having a public life, if this is true about Haley, she will have a hard time trying to convince people who are paying attention that she's appreciably better than Trump morally.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey you're the one that got all hypocritical up in here by condemning Haley for braking sacred vows to God while at the same time giving Trump a pass for doing the same thing all because he can deliver what you want. I get that Trump is your guy and Haley is not your gal hence the hall pass for Trump.

Depends. If it's nose-holding, I get that. No one's perfect, and all politicians are liars with many skeletons in the closet. So if we're being honest, we have to hold our noses, at least a little, no matter who we vote for.

But if you have a guy to the extent which nose-holding is not required, ya. It's more of a hall pass. Or just completely ignoring it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Especially when she's been trumpeting her husband's military service as part of her campaign.

Apparently she's been trying to recreate the "Jody" experience.

Anyway, Haley is ...

View attachment 327058
    I'd like to think so. With Trump in the mix, nothing ever ends like we think it should, either way. People kept picking issue after issue that they were just sure would sink Trump's support. And we all voted for him anyway. The inverse can happen too. Doesn't matter what his opponent does, they'll vote for her anyway because not-Trump.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Depends. If it's nose-holding, I get that. No one's perfect, and all politicians are liars with many skeletons in the closet. So if we're being honest, we have to hold our noses, at least a little, no matter who we vote for.

But if you have a guy to the extent which nose-holding is not required, ya. It's more of a hall pass. Or just completely ignoring it.
    According to some If you are voting for a certain nominee even though it might not have been your preference., then you are expected to enthusiastically go all in and not hold your nose.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    According to some If you are voting for a nominee even though it might not have been your preference., then you are expected to enthusiastically go all in and not hold your nose.
    Sigh. I know. See, I think of support for political candidates as a spectrum from dislike to favor. Some people think it's a binary. All in, or none in. I've done the partisan gig before. I excused some red flags in Reagan. But Bush taught me that Republicans suck too. McCain reinforced it. Romney sealed it. I'm not gonna not see faults in politicians.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sigh. I know. See, I think of support for political candidates as a spectrum from dislike to favor. Some people think it's a binary. All in, or none in. I've done the partisan gig before. I excused some red flags in Reagan. But Bush taught me that Republicans suck too. McCain reinforced it. Romney sealed it. I'm not gonna not see faults in politicians.
    if you are just holding your nose and voting without getting out and canvassing for that nominee then that's not good enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    if you are just holding your nose and voting without getting out and canvassing for that nominee then that's not good enough.
    No. I'm not going out canvassing. I will try to get on as at least a poll worker. And try to do my part to ensure a fair election within whatever sphere of influence I have.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There’s a certain level of satisfaction you get when you get to where you simply don’t care what many peoples’ opinions are. ;)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Do you understand when one deal is better than another deal, even though both deals include drawbacks?

What matters more for a president, his home life or his policy that allows you to start a family, own a home, and raise a new generation?

If you're arguing that you'd rather be homeless and economically destitute but know this guy 1500 miles away is living a cleaner life than the next guy, I'd think you have a screw loose.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some people complain because they think that criticizing their guy means you're trying to control them. But then they demand that when you think you'll need to vote for their guy, you owe the guy the same devotion. How is that not trying to be controlling?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump broke his vow to God, but he has also proven that he will strive to keep his lesser vows - no speculation about that necessary

He has demonstrated a flaw in his character, but it is no more disqualifying than Haley's is. DeSantis has not exhibited this flaw that we know of, but he also can't get the job done

Analysis: Advantage Trump. I'm not choosing him as my pastor or my friend, I'm choosing him as the best chance to turn the country in a better direction
    In that vein, isn't that what nose-holding is? If your analysis concludes both fall short, but one is better, I think there's nothing more honest than saying, they both are bad, but I'll hold my nose for the lesser bad.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well hold on. saying that one has an advantage over the other implies that both have a similar problem, but overall, one is better. I'm not a religious person now, but the way I looked at it when I was, if I were going to choose who I vote for as the person who upholds righteousness, I couldn't vote for anyone. However, we have the choices we have. So hold your nose for the least worse, and then God will put into power whom he will, according to Romans chapter 1. Excluding someone because they're not Godly means you just can't vote.

Top Bottom