HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
    Why is Haley claiming second?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    She needs to win or a very, very close second place,” said a lobbyist who is raising money for Haley.”

“To keep many of her more affluent donors engaged, Haley must get within three percentage points of Trump in New Hampshire, said a Republican fundraising advisor whose clients include Haley donors. If she does not, these donors could turn away from Haley and try to find other ways to stop Trump, including possibly by financing a third-party effort like No Labels, said the advisor.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    She's third in a "two person race" per her own words. But! D'tis has already made clear he's skipping NH, headed straight to South Carolina. That suggest the D'tis campaign doesn't believe NH will be kind to Ron. It might also suggest that Nimarata won't be able to carry South Carolina, where she was governor.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She needs to win or a very, very close second place,” said a lobbyist who is raising money for Haley.”

“To keep many of her more affluent donors engaged, Haley must get within three percentage points of Trump in New Hampshire, said a Republican fundraising advisor whose clients include Haley donors. If she does not, these donors could turn away from Haley and try to find other ways to stop Trump, including possibly by financing a third-party effort like No Labels, said the advisor.

Well. They could always back Kennedy. But the whole anti-establishment thing will prolly be a downer for them.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012

If Haley is these wealthy republican donor's gal, why are they hiding in the weeds instead of letting us see who they are?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I disagree, many folks have good reasons not to want to be identified in their comments, especially in the cancel culture era. I thought we all agreed that Haley suggesting that all internet comments be identified was bad, but this is different?
    Good point. Certainly the money-men behind Nimarata are allowed their anonymity. But if they're so convinced their choice of candidate is ideal, why hide? I guess the answer is because they can. I think hiding demonstrates lack of conviction, see below.

(NBC) – Former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley is facing pressure from some of her top fundraisers to either seriously compete with, or outright defeat, Donald Trump in next week’s New Hampshire primary, after finishing third on Monday in the Iowa caucus.

“I would still like to see her get somewhere, but the mountain she has to climb is enormous,” Andy Sabin, a New York businessman and Haley fundraiser, told CNBC. “As much as I like Haley, I don’t even know what Trump could do to stop himself right now.”

Sabin plans to help raise money for Trump if Haley doesn’t make it through the primary season, despite previously telling CNBC he wouldn’t give the former president “a f—ing nickel.”

“He may be the only choice I have,” said Sabin.

Several Haley fundraisers who spoke to CNBC conceded that, unless she gets a very close second to Trump or manages to pull off an upset win in New Hampshire, the race could effectively be over for her after that.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If Haley is these wealthy republican donor's gal, why are they hiding in the weeds instead of letting us see who they are?
    Haley is a Democrat's Republican.
    A lot of support for Haley is coming from Democrats too, because if they can get her nominated and elected President, she'll be somebody who will cave to their demands.
    PLUS she already takes the Democrat side on many issues already.

Many of the votes she got in the Iowa Caucus were Democrats filling out change of party forms so they could vote Republican to engage in the Democrat version of "operation chaos", plus many $millions were also poured in.

The same thing is happening in New Hampshire by the Republican left and Democrats.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Because they aren't wealthy republican donors, they're wealthy democrat donors using her as a stalking horse to try to derail Trump
    A percentage of my comments were tongue in cheek to your point. Not that I don't think there is republican donor money involved to derail Trump, too.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Top Bottom