• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm confused. You were in traffic with vehicles all around you and you pulled your gun and pointed it at whom? Did I miss something? How did you know it was them and they were speaking to you? Is a verbal threat enough to draw and point? Not trying to put you down but how did you justify in your mind to take this action?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Sounds like you did great. It isn't a pleasent experience having to point at someone. The good thing is that the other guy will remember this exact incident for the rest of his life.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If so which one because i talked to a hc sheriff and a fpd on phone....and how the he'll would you post so quickly after the incident....do they provide INGO Cop Cars....lol....if they do I need to change professions!

FIFY

ingopolice007.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Good all around. I always say it would suit me fine never to have to draw down on someone, and I haven't so far, but I carry so I can if I have to. I was through that very area today, coming from Carmel. Yes, it can happen anywhere. Some reps goin out.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, that will get your heart rate going! Very glad that it ended the way it did and you did not have to go any further. Also very glad to hear you were treated fairly by the LEO and great that he was pro 2A.

+1 to you
    +1 to the LEO
    -1 for the punks in the truck, hope they learned a lesson or else the next time it may end up worse for them

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm confused. You were in traffic with vehicles all around you and you pulled your gun and pointed it at whom? Did I miss something? How did you know it was them and they were speaking to you? Is a verbal threat enough to draw and point? Not trying to put you down but how did you justify in your mind to take this action?

Read the IC, you have to REASONABLY believe that your life is in danger. "I'm going to kill you, give me your car" would lead most people to believe that their life is in danger.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

It was very clear that it was coming just feet front my left, slight rear. Definitely wasnt the car in front, behind anywhere on right or left front. My passenger window was up and drivers down. So my mind making the connection of where its coming from in a split second, then having to process the verbal threat in another split second. So, yes, I do believe It was the right course of action. Also, as I said in the OP I began to draw and turn on the car when the man with a very serious, unfriendly face was rasing his arm from below my eye level (truck sat higer than my car) so I then focused my weapon at him. This all happened SO QUICKLY. But I had enough awareness to realize he was unarmed and didnt take any further action.

Read the IC, you have to REASONABLY believe that your life is in danger. "I'm going to kill you, give me your car" would lead most people to believe that their life is in danger.

^Exactly!^ No responsable gun owner wants to have to use their firearm in a situation like this EVER, but you have to be prepared. In the split seconds this happened my brain processed two different things. First "Im going to shoot you, give me your car!" (In a very loud, no joking tone). Then the truck with people all looking directly at me while one man is lifting his arm from below my veiw directly after saying he was about to shoot me. That is a VERY reasonable situtation to think your life is in danger and to draw your weapon. The key thing is to have enough self-control and level headedness to make the right decisions after pulling your weapon. Thank god he didn't, but if he did I wasnt going to allow that to happen to myself and my family over my car!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Too bad the moron wasn't charged with attempted carjacking. Sounds like this is his favorite "joke" to pull and it finally almost got him killed. Hopefully, having a gun pulled on him will be sufficient to make him think twice about his taste in humor next time.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    This is the stuff that should be in the paper...headsmart gunowners...not irresponsible peeps.

Couldn't agree more. I haven't been a gun owner long, but already, I have had to explain to people the legal gun owners aren't the ones that make the news. And that guns aren't inherently bad, they are tools and serve the purpose of the user.

Top Bottom