• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    So I just had a very interesting situation happen. I was driving on 116th street and was stopped at light. My window was down and a big white utility truck pulls up next to me but enough behind that the front of truck is at my 9 o clock. I then hear "I am going to shoot you...give me your car!" It was very loud and convincing that someone was serious. I couldn't drive away as there was cars on all sides of me. I immediately go for my 1911 draw and turn back. At that time the passager was rasing his arm from under my view. I point the gun at him and told to to not move. The idiot then puts his hand up in view with his hand doing the gun imitation. At this point I realized he didn't have a weapon but remained drawn on the truck since four people occupied it and I was unsure of what anyone else had. Light runs green and they speed off. I call cops and give plate and descriptions of people. They stopped down the road to do some landscaping work. I give the cops the address on phone and they advised me to leave and they would contact me. They did about 15 mins later. They had fled but the supervisor for that company pull up to check the work at the time. The cops then explained the situation and the supervisor said the had complaints before of them messing with people bt not to this extent and it could never be proven before. He said they would immediately be fired. Fishers pd was tracking down vehicle to let them know they was out of a job and lucky to be alive. The cops I spoke to was very pro 2a. He said I did the right thing and hopes if those idiots try that again that they get what they deserve. We spoke for about five minutes about carrying...awareness training etc. He was a super cool guy.

Last edited:

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Well good outcome for something that could have turned ugly really fast.
    +1 for all parties involved. One day those idiots will learn to not mess around, or they may find themselves shot!

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Good reaction to the situation. Always good when your trigger finger is not needed.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    So I just had a very interesting situation happen. I was driving on 116th street and was stopped at light. My window was down and a big white utility truck pulls up next to me but enough behind that the front of truck is at my 9 o clock. I then hear "I am going to shoot you...give me your car!" It was very loud and convincing that someone was serious. I couldn't drive away as there was cars on all sides of me. I immediately go for my 1911 draw and turn back. At that time the passager was rasing his arm from under my view. I point the gun at him and told to to not move. The idiot then puts his hand up in view with his hand doing the gun imitation. At this point I realized he didn't have a weapon but remained drawn on the truck since four people occupied it and I was unsure of what anyone else had. Light runs green and they speed off. I call cops and give plate and descriptions of people. They stopped down the road to do some landscaping work. I give the cops the address on phone and they advised me to leave and they would contact me. They did about 15 mins later. They had fled but the supervisor for that company pull up to check the work at the time. The cops then explained the situation and the supervisor said the had complaints before of them messing with people bt not to this extent and it could never be proven before. He said they would immediately be fired. Fishers pd was tracking down vehicle to let them know they was out of a job and lucky to be alive. The cops I spoke to was very pro 2a. He said I did the right thing and hopes if those idiots try that again that they get what they deserve. We spoke for about five minutes about carrying...awareness training etc. He was a super cool guy.

And I will repeat here what I told you on the phone so everyone can hear (see) it.

In the situation that happened to you, the best thing you can do is remove yourself from the situation. IF you have the chance to pull off then do so. DO NOT continue to follow them as you don't honestly know what their intentions are. Obviously it you have to defend yourself then do what you have too, but if you can un-ass the area then that's the best option for everyone. Just get the vehicle description and let us worry about finding them.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    +1 for situational awareness, +1 for a fine choice in a sidearm, and a BIG +1 for having the presence of mind to call the police after the incident.

Lots of places that wrong choices could have been made, and you seem to have made all the right ones. Even better that the LEO that you dealt with was understanding, and even supportive in your decision to take responsibility for your own protection.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    And I will repeat here what I told you on the phone so everyone can hear (see) it.

In the situation that happened to you, the best thing you can do is remove yourself from the situation. IF you have the chance to pull off then do so. DO NOT continue to follow them as you don't honestly know what their intentions are. Obviously it you have to defend yourself then do what you have too, but if you can un-ass the area then that's the best option for everyone. Just get the vehicle description and let us worry about finding them.

So, you were one of the LEO's who worked this?

To the OP...Good job! :yesway:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

If so which one because i talked to a hc sheriff and a fpd on phone....and how the he'll would you post so quickly after the incident....do they provide INGO in cop cars....lol....if they do I need to change professions!

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville

Yes, I am the FPD Officer he talked too on the phone

If so which one because i talked to a hc sheriff and a fpd on phone....and how the he'll would you post so quickly after the incident....do they provide INGO in cop cars....lol....if they do I need to change professions!

Our computers do have internet access as we do use that for job related stuff too. I was just taking a short java break when I saw your post and replied. Now I'm going inside for dinner.

:patriot:

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood

Sounds like he was careful and used his head. Why let the police try to find them if it is safe to follow at a distance and be a good witness? I report some stuff to the police last week where some road rage almost got a motocyclist run over and did they look for them? Nope. Well played here and made sure they got what was coming to them. +1

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like he was careful and used his head. Why let the police try to find them if it is safe to follow at a distance and be a good witness? I report some stuff to the police last week where some road rage almost got a motocyclist run over and did they look for them? Nope. Well played here and made sure they got what was coming to them. +1

Thank you. That was my thoughts....stayed a safe distance and always was behind them. Not going to let some idiots get away when I can be a safe witness. Absolutely no danger. Also without getting all the info of where they was going and licence plate...it could make it very difficult to find a vehicle in a whole city/town. And before this interaction with fpd I didn't even know they would take it serious and follow up so I wanted to be sure.
    I have a business in Indy and the cops in that area never follow up with anything. I don't feel I did anything wrong. Now i know the fpd is reliable +1 to them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom