• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    And I could use some advice from my fellow INGO'ers. This story is kinda long but I tried to shorten up what I could. What do you think I should do?

Well its a long story, but I'll try to shorten it some. A friend of my g/f's got in a bad car accident and was in the hospital and told she probably wouldn't make it. So she wanted to go see her friend. But last time she was at her parents for some doc appts her brother took her wallet out of her purse and put it in the glovebox of one of their cars, so she didn't have her license here to drive up there, didn't know this till days later. While I was at work Thurs night (the night she found out about her friend) she talked to another friend that was a mutual friend of the one in the hospital. She couldn't take my g/f up there, had to work. But she had a friend that probably could, so she gave this guy her number. He called and they set up for him to take her up in the morning, originally before I got home. She was going to drive her car in to the Elwood library to meet him there and leave her car there. I talked to her as soon as I got off work and told her to go back home and I'd take her in. She finally agreed. At this point I'm worried as heck and offered to take her up myself even though I needed to work on the car. Which is why she didn't think I'd take her up, and why she said she set up the ride. She thought if I didn't let her go that I was being too controlling, not realizing that I was just worried and didn't want her to get hurt. Even though I told her that multiple times. But I at least wanted to meet this guy and get some info. Well he had made a fake profile on FB and its with that he had become friends of her friend. When I met him he gave me a name, address, and phone number. Which I had a feeling were fake when he told me he couldn't remember the zip code, and when I asked for his license so I could confirm it, he fumbled around for a sec then said he didnt' have it with him. I don't know why I went ahead and let her go. But I did at least go ahead and write down the license plate number. After seeing this guy and his truck I remembered what she had told me a guy that had been stalking her looked like, and what his truck looked like. Someone that was a FB friend of hers. So I got on the comp as soon as I got home and ran the info, nothing came back matching as far as I could find. So I got on FB and on her friends list and found that guy. IT WAS HIM!!!!! The same guy that somehow found out where I lived, and said multiple times he was gonna stop buy when I was at work to see her. Its the reason I taught her to shoot, and trained my dog for in the house. Well after I found this out she just happened to call me a bit later from a bathroom at a DQ. I told her what I found and that I was suspecting her of cheating. But when I mentioned his name you could hear nothing but fear in her voice cause she was so scared of him. She called her mom and told her to be sure she was home when they got there. She made it to her parents safely. Then her mom came up with an idea to get him to leave and her stay there. It worked. Then I headed up there to get her myself. After having no sleep working the night before. She looked at her facebook again, and yes that was him, I was right (of course, I"m always right) and that fake profile had already been deleted. She has now deleted her old FB account and making a new one, along with told him to leave her alone, she doesn't want to talk to him anymore, cutting off all ties. Then I added that if he ever tries to contact her again I now know what both him and his truck look like and he will answer to me if I see or hear from him ever again.

I know this was very long. I tried to shorten it up but just couldn't do much. She just doesnt' have any common sense, had a very sheltered life growing up. And she has now learned she needs to listen to me more. I hate that it took something like this happening to get her to learn that. But at least she has learned it now. I'm still really questioning now whether we are going to work out or not though. Been arguing alot lately. And part of me doesn't trust her right now since she set that up with him, and then fought me so much on me meeting the guy and getting his info. Any thoughts and ideas?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    And I could use some advice from my fellow INGO'ers. This story is kinda long but I tried to shorten up what I could. What do you think I should do?

Well its a long story, but I'll try to shorten it some. A friend of my g/f's got in a bad car accident and was in the hospital and told she probably wouldn't make it. So she wanted to go see her friend. But last time she was at her parents for some doc appts her brother took her wallet out of her purse and put it in the glovebox of one of their cars, so she didn't have her license here to drive up there, didn't know this till days later. While I was at work Thurs night (the night she found out about her friend) she talked to another friend that was a mutual friend of the one in the hospital. She couldn't take my g/f up there, had to work. But she had a friend that probably could, so she gave this guy her number. He called and they set up for him to take her up in the morning, originally before I got home. She was going to drive her car in to the Elwood library to meet him there and leave her car there. I talked to her as soon as I got off work and told her to go back home and I'd take her in. She finally agreed. At this point I'm worried as heck and offered to take her up myself even though I needed to work on the car. Which is why she didn't think I'd take her up, and why she said she set up the ride. She thought if I didn't let her go that I was being too controlling, not realizing that I was just worried and didn't want her to get hurt. Even though I told her that multiple times. But I at least wanted to meet this guy and get some info. Well he had made a fake profile on FB and its with that he had become friends of her friend. When I met him he gave me a name, address, and phone number. Which I had a feeling were fake when he told me he couldn't remember the zip code, and when I asked for his license so I could confirm it, he fumbled around for a sec then said he didnt' have it with him. I don't know why I went ahead and let her go. But I did at least go ahead and write down the license plate number. After seeing this guy and his truck I remembered what she had told me a guy that had been stalking her looked like, and what his truck looked like. Someone that was a FB friend of hers. So I got on the comp as soon as I got home and ran the info, nothing came back matching as far as I could find. So I got on FB and on her friends list and found that guy. IT WAS HIM!!!!! The same guy that somehow found out where I lived, and said multiple times he was gonna stop buy when I was at work to see her. Its the reason I taught her to shoot, and trained my dog for in the house. Well after I found this out she just happened to call me a bit later from a bathroom at a DQ. I told her what I found and that I was suspecting her of cheating. But when I mentioned his name you could hear nothing but fear in her voice cause she was so scared of him. She called her mom and told her to be sure she was home when they got there. She made it to her parents safely. Then her mom came up with an idea to get him to leave and her stay there. It worked. Then I headed up there to get her myself. After having no sleep working the night before. She looked at her facebook again, and yes that was him, I was right (of course, I"m always right) and that fake profile had already been deleted. She has now deleted her old FB account and making a new one, along with told him to leave her alone, she doesn't want to talk to him anymore, cutting off all ties. Then I added that if he ever tries to contact her again I now know what both him and his truck look like and he will answer to me if I see or hear from him ever again.

I know this was very long. I tried to shorten it up but just couldn't do much. She just doesnt' have any common sense, had a very sheltered life growing up. And she has now learned she needs to listen to me more. I hate that it took something like this happening to get her to learn that. But at least she has learned it now. I'm still really questioning now whether we are going to work out or not though. Been arguing alot lately. And part of me doesn't trust her right now since she set that up with him, and then fought me so much on me meeting the guy and getting his info. Any thoughts and ideas?

Um, why did you bother wasting your time meeting him?

All of your suspicions were confirmed and you still let her go? Seems like you should have just saved yourself a trip.:n00b:

Sorry to hear about the girl.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Sorry to say it, but you need to cut your loss.

This relationship is going to head to a personal nightmare.

BTW, if you feel she needs to listen to you more, you probably need to find a woman who is more confident.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    How long have you two been together? If it's been a while and the things that first brought you together are they still there? ....... talk to her, do not talk at her. This is probably the best advice I can give you or anyone else.
    When you spend your time with someone and you are slowly allowed to have dominance over the other person, then anytime the other person tries to make a decision for him or herself the one with the control will feel like it's all slipping away and then feelings start being hurt.

Your age doesn't really matter, but I would have to guess that you're between 20 and 25. This being said, there are issues by themselves in this area that can only be learned through experience, not by others suggestions.

You work nights, and let me guess, she works days and you have very little time together? If this is the case, then you will lose her unless you make her feel that she's important to you and can see that you make the effort to spend the available time with her.

If all of this sounds odd or beyond you capabilities...then cut her lose and move on never knowing what may have been.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    How long have you two been together? If it's been a while and the things that first brought you together are they still there? ....... talk to her, do not talk at her. This is probably the best advice I can give you or anyone else.
    When you spend your time with someone and you are slowly allowed to have dominance over the other person, then anytime the other person tries to make a decision for him or herself the one with the control will feel like it's all slipping away and then feelings start being hurt.

Your age doesn't really matter, but I would have to guess that you're between 20 and 25. This being said, there are issues by themselves in this area that can only be learned through experience, not by others suggestions.

You work nights, and let me guess, she works days and you have very little time together? If this is the case, then you will lose her unless you make her feel that she's important to you and can see that you make the effort to spend the available time with her.

If all of this sounds odd or beyond you capabilities...then cut her lose and move on never knowing what may have been.

:+1:

Good advice, brother.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    One thing I learned along time is to always trust your gut. if you think she is cheating, then she is..or at least she is damn close to it. trust is #1 in a relationship IMHO and if you cant trust her or have doubt then you should probably let her go. save yourself the hurt...and drama. seriously man...it doesnt get better.
    I dont know you personally and I dont know your girl so dont take may advice and run with it but seriously consider it. dont waist your time trying to make it work...your to young for that crap.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    :+1:

Good advice, brother.

Thanks Big...I know it sounds all gooey and junk, and men aren't supposed to show they have feelings. If you don't learn early, then some of the best people you meet will disappear and you're left wondering what happened.

Experience is a bi*ch, some people have to touch the cactus to learn that you shouldn't.

Doug

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Probably should have taken her yourself instead of let her go with some guy that neither of you knew. From what it sounds like, she didn't know the situation she was getting into with the guy, so you might not want to press the issue of infidelity - even if both parties are innocent, those never end well lol.

Just talk with her about it and if she honestly didn't mean for that to happen, then let it go. But if she tries to defend the situation, or especially that guy, then you 2 have some work to do.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009

+2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    "Look at 'em go, look at 'em kick - makes you wonder how the other half lives..."

My ONLY question - this is THE key question for me -

HAD SHE MET THE GUY BEFORE? The stalker guy, I mean.

If she'd met him before, she'd know what he looks like and thus know better than to go ANYWHERE with him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Thanks Big...I know it sounds all gooey and junk, and men aren't supposed to show they have feelings. If you don't learn early, then some of the best people you meet will disappear and you're left wondering what happened.

Experience is a bi*ch, some people have to touch the cactus to learn that you shouldn't.

Doug

For most of my life I've been a cactus-toucher.
    Just now finally starting to look askance at it and keep my hands to myself.

Top Bottom