• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Julio has paid more into SS than everyone on this platform combined.

:n00b:

With CERTAINTY.

Julio (all of them) pay in if using a fake ID. With no expectation of ever receiving a benefit.
    That was your original premise.

Absolute certainty. No doubt.

If they are all cash economy, I appreciate their contribution to the GDP.
    And, there is not a single cent paid to them in SS benefits.

:n00b::n00b:

1 No
    2 No
    3 No
    4 No

:lmfao:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The idea of using a static number for identity these days is completely outdated and ridiculous.

Issuing new ones would buy about 10 minutes before it happened again.
    Then just keep canceling and reissuing. The system is so screwed up now, can't make it any worse.....so it's said someone stole 2.9 BILLION records...what did they actually get? Do I have a one in 2.9 billion chance of being frauded? Worse odds than the Hoosier Lottery.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Then just keep canceling and reissuing. The system is so screwed up now, can't make it any worse.....so it's said someone stole 2.9 BILLION records...what did they actually get? Do I have a one in 2.9 billion chance of being frauded? Worse odds than the Hoosier Lottery.
    The point was, there are better ways to do this today.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    When at Purdue in the mid '80's, SS number was our student id also. Test scores were posted on doors based your SS#.

Youngest granddaughter's SS# was hacked when it was sent to my daughter and son in law for her. They probably look at mine and laugh and throw it in the trash!

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    When at Purdue in the mid '80's, SS number was our student id also. Test scores were posted on doors based your SS#.

Youngest granddaughter's SS# was hacked when it was sent to my daughter and son in law for her. They probably look at mine and laugh and throw it in the trash!
    Yep Ball State's ID had the SS and full name printed on our cards in the late 90's. Soo much for higher education being smart.

I recent froze the wife's credit reports because she had multiple CC hacked at the same time. I should probably go ahead and freeze my reports as well. We have no plans for anything requiring credit anytime soon anyway.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Yep Ball State's ID had the SS and full name printed on our cards in the late 90's. Soo much for higher education being smart.

I recent froze the wife's credit reports because she had multiple CC hacked at the same time. I should probably go ahead and freeze my reports as well. We have no plans for anything requiring credit anytime soon anyway.
    There is no harm if you forget to unfreeze it. They'll just call you to confirm and have you unfreeze it, as they'll be unable to pull your credit.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There is no harm if you forget to unfreeze it. They'll just call you to confirm and have you unfreeze it, as they'll be unable to pull your credit.
    It just takes a few clicks per agency too. You can also set a date for it to turn back on automatically, so that you do not forget.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    IIRC, they let each other know about the freeze (or maybe it's the year long fraud alert).

Nah, get the chip implanted. The true mark of the beast.
    You have to freeze and unfreeze all three independently.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    You have to freeze and unfreeze all three independently.

Then it's the fraud alert I was thinking of (and put in parenthesis)...

I do both, since I was part of the OPM hack...

Screenshot_20240819_234211_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: KLB

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

We have our credit bureau reports frozen, and have for years. You just have to remember they are frozen if you apply for credit any place. We bought some home remodeling (flooring cabinets, stuff like that) and when they ran our credit it was denied due to credit freeze...Wells Fargo could not get our report...all I had to do was login to my Experian account, unfreeze the credit, the bank re-ran the credit check, approved us, and I logged in to Experian and froze the credit again.

A couple little hoops but worth the security.

Sphinx313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Central
    Equifax already gave most of us up years ago. This is just ensuring that yours is out there. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I can't do anything with just my social. They need way more than that.

Top Bottom