• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'd say that the Supreme Court is one judgement away from meaning nothing.

They seem to be heading that way.

The SCOTUS is already useless. My theory is that the Obama smear machine found a skeleton in John Roberts closet that is damning enough that he will do anything to keep it secret, including not resign.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Actually I'm crying inside every day. The Republic is in dire straits, and you're right, these fools like where we're headed.
    I agree and it worries me what the future beholds for us firearm owners and the laws we will have to deal with and the vast amount of red tape we will have to go through to own anything which might shoot down to a rubber band . I will never give up the fight and always vote to keep my right to bear arms and just hope in ten years we can own something more then a single shot rifle or shotgun or have to register any firearm we own. I guess I will make sure my dues to the NRA and any firearm owner group is up to date and send a little more... It seems like the future is on the side of the Dem's to continue to run this country into the ground if the Republicians don't start to fix the fighting with each other amongst their party.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My love note to Pete.

It surprises me that you are not a cosponsor of HR4269,but that may have changed since I looked it up.
    I am asking that you will for once realize that you were born in a free country not under an oppressive dictatorship. It is essential to a free people that they have the ability to protect themselves not only from the criminal element, but also from a criminal government.
    Oppression of the American people is impossible. Our Constitution guarantees that our Natural/God given/Unalienable Rights will not be infringed by an oppressive future government. IT IS INTENDED TO LIMIT YOU AND THOSE OF YOUR ILK FROM SUBJUGATING THE PEOPLE. In the words of Abraham Lincoln "that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." This is American Exceptionalism. We are an exception to the rulers of the people. Your job sir is in the oath that you took to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and to defend it against ALL enemies foreign and domestic. This includes progressives in congress the judiciary and the executive of this great nation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My love note to Pete.

It surprises me that you are not a cosponsor of HR4269,but that may have changed since I looked it up.
    I am asking that you will for once realize that you were born in a free country not under an oppressive dictatorship. It is essential to a free people that they have the ability to protect themselves not only from the criminal element, but also from a criminal government.
    Oppression of the American people is impossible. Our Constitution guarantees that our Natural/God given/Unalienable Rights will not be infringed by an oppressive future government. IT IS INTENDED TO LIMIT YOU AND THOSE OF YOUR ILK FROM SUBJUGATING THE PEOPLE. In the words of Abraham Lincoln "that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." This is American Exceptionalism. We are an exception to the rulers of the people. Your job sir is in the oath that you took to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and to defend it against ALL enemies foreign and domestic. This includes progressives in congress the judiciary and the executive of this great nation.
    Sounds great. Even though your opinion will most certainly be disregarded by that POS Liberal Lifer it should still be known that there are those of us out here who refuse to give up.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well I don't expect him to heed it, I just want him to hear the truth.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wonder if any of these do-gooder nitwit politicians have considered the unintended consequences of this legislation: namely, the increased crime and black market such legislation would spur? The criminal element would do whatever it takes to get these weapons while the law-abiding would be rendered outgunned. I know, I'm preaching to the choir again.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I wonder if any of these do-godder nitwit politicians have considered the unintended consequences of this legislation: namely, the increased crime and black market such legislation would spur? The criminal element would do whatever it takes to get these weapons while the law-abiding would be rendered outgunned. I know, I'm preaching to the choir again.

It's worse than that. There is a vicious cycle of events being created.
    1. The more unreasonable laws/regulations you put in place, the more people will view them as illegitimate.
    2. The more people view these laws/regulations as illegitimate, the more people feel that they are justified in defiance- either passively or actively.
    3. The more people feel justified in defying the law, the less law-abiding they become.
    4. The less people comply with increasingly unjust laws, the more the government (and their enablers) will feel justified in cracking down on non-compliance.
    5. Go back to step #1 and repeat.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    1. The more unreasonable laws/regulations you put in place, the more people will view them as illegitimate.
    2. The more people view these laws/regulations as illegitimate, the more people feel that they are justified in defiance- either passively or actively.
    3. The more people feel justified in defying the law, the less law-abiding they become.
    4. The less people comply with increasingly unjust laws, the more the government (and their enablers) will feel justified in cracking down on non-compliance.

Except liberals hate the police almost as much as the NRA.

Guessing here is where obama's private army comes in, and the 'detention camps' he discussed in 2013.

Tinfoil scenario: import plenty of Syrian "refugees" and Mexican cartel members, arm them and let them crack American skulls. Call them, erm, Hessians...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

"When in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation..."

The Declaration of Independence
    Action of Second Continental Congress, July 4, 1776
    The Unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    "When in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation..."

The Declaration of Independence
    Action of Second Continental Congress, July 4, 1776
    The Unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

SEMPER FI, JARHEAD !!!!!

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    After reading through the bill (man my head hurts now), I'm pretty sure a musket is still legal.... :n00b:

Letter being drafted. Thanks for the link to our representatives.

EDIT: Our very own Andre Carson is a co-sponsor of this bill. Motivation enough for me.

Last edited:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    The Dems designed this bill to be so strict that it doesn't have a chance to pass. However, this move by the Dems serves three purposes:

1. It definitely fires up their base and demonstrates to them that they are doing everything they can to protect the American people, because they are truly concerned about the safety of Americans.
    2. It will be used as a tool against the Republicans in the future to demonstrate that they don't care about Americans and they are doing nothing to prevent mass shootings.
    3. It may also help to curb the executive orders from Obama because they know that if he goes too far, it will work against them in the next election.

Now, I'm not saying that we shouldn't be concerned. We should be concerned and we should continue to react as though it is a legitimate threat as all of the past legislation has been. I'm just saying that it is a strategic move by the left to become a win-win for them regardless of how it turns out in the end. If it passes they win and if it doesn't they win. The only way that it could seen as a loss for them is if this move is exposed for what it is, Unconstitutional and a continuous attack on the rights of all Americans.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The Dems designed this bill to be so strict that it doesn't have a chance to pass. However, this move by the Dems serves three purposes:

1. It definitely fires up their base and demonstrates to them that they are doing everything they can to protect the American people, because they are truly concerned about the safety of Americans.
    2. It will be used as a tool against the Republicans in the future to demonstrate that they don't care about Americans and they are doing nothing to prevent mass shootings.
    3. It may also help to curb the executive orders from Obama because they know that if he goes too far, it will work against them in the next election.

Now, I'm not saying that we shouldn't be concerned. We should be concerned and we should continue to react as though it is a legitimate threat as all of the past legislation has been. I'm just saying that it is a strategic move by the left to become a win-win for them regardless of how it turns out in the end. If it passes they win and if it doesn't they win. The only way that it could seen as a loss for them is if this move is exposed for what it is, Unconstitutional and a continuous attack on the rights of all Americans.

With record numbers of new shooters and gun owners joining the rank daily, I'd say the general populace has awoken and is starting to smell the coffee...
    I think this proposal could/should be a colossal failure for the left.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    With record numbers of new shooters and gun owners joining the rank daily, I'd say the general populace has awoken and is starting to smell the coffee...

I do hope you're correct. This country needs an "awakening".

Last edited:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

mikebol beat me to it. I hope you are correct as well. We need a movement to return to a Constitutional Republic.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm guessing that this has more to do with putting the Hildabeast in the White House than with any hope of this passing. By putting this out there, and then seeing it defeated, I think they are hoping to give themselves a story to tell voters about how the democrats tried to protect us, but that the Republicans defeated the measure. I think that the story that needs to be told to voters is that right after the latest attack on US soil, the dems lost no time in trying to disarm Americans in the face of an escalating threat that can only be countered by armed citizens.

Top Bottom