Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it plays like this...

--We have Hillary as a probable nominee. Our base doesn't like her much but we don't want to kick her out and upset the Clintons as the other Bozo's are non-starters with the general electorate
    ---BUT to get our base out, gun control is a topic that will get them fired up....so lets bandaid a bad nominee by firing up our base with topics that get them rolling.

My surprise though is them not digging in and pulling out the Abortion debate. Abortion is the left's gun control clause. War on Women, etc. Maybe it just gets women fired up and that's not enough?

Interesting though, from what I've read both abortion and gun control are gradually losing favor among the public...maybe not the hard core leftist base but from the public in general.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Campaign fodder so the Ds can say they sponsored/supported the pet project of their financial backers.
    Just like the Rs voting to repeal Obamacare every week.

Use your vote effectively. As long as there is a split legislature, we have hope.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Merry Christmas Ingo. I admire the way our founding fathers dealt with traitors. Join the damned N.R.A., vote, and then go purchase a length of hemp.

I will go along with two out of the three. The NRA has proven too well for my satisfaction that it will sit on its collective ass and not do a damned thing when the circumstances exist in which some good could actually done. I assume that you haven't forgotten how the NRA sat in the corner mumbling, "enforce the existing law...enforce the existing law...enforce the existing law" when we had the White House and both houses of congress packed with supposedly pro-gun people? I will consider that only after they demonstrate that they know how do something other than wait until the other side is in a position to at least prevent us from cleaning up the mess or to enlarge the mess and then come crying for money insisting that the sky is going to fall if we don't shell out.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I will go along with two out of the three. The NRA has proven too well for my satisfaction that it will sit on its collective ass and not do a damned thing when the circumstances exist in which some good could actually done. I assume that you haven't forgotten how the NRA sat in the corner mumbling, "enforce the existing law...enforce the existing law...enforce the existing law" when we had the White House and both houses of congress packed with supposedly pro-gun people? I will consider that only after they demonstrate that they know how do something other than wait until the other side is in a position to at least prevent us from cleaning up the mess or to enlarge the mess and then come crying for money insisting that the sky is going to fall if we don't shell out.

And kill your most effective tool for exciting your base?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    But what does our world look like without them? They do have some effect.

They do, but not nearly enough, and more important, not nearly enough will to have the effect that is within their grasp for me to consider it an adequate return on investment.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    They do, but not nearly enough, and more important, not nearly enough will to have the effect that is within their grasp for me to consider it an adequate return on investment.

Agreed.

So you know where I'm going with this, I'm sure. Do we withdraw funding because of inadequate results, and leave ourselves with no representation? Or, do we continue to support the most effective tool in our battle, and express our discontent with them in hopes they listen?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'm hoping this turns out the way the ATF reclassification of M855 ammo did, it was like they stepped in a hornet's nest! First of all, if you aren't an NRA member, join! If you're one of those who just can't bring themselves to join the NRA please consider the GOA or the NAGR as alternatives or in addition to the NRA.

Second, contact your legislators and let them know where you stand on this stupidity! Remember EVERY ONE of these DEMOCRATIC Representatives took an oath to obey and protect the Constitution. This is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and they know it!

Finally, get involved in REPLACING your legislator if they are soft in civil rights including the 2A! It takes time, effort, and sometimes money but if these people go unchallenged, they will keep chipping away until they feel they have the upper-hand. Then they will lower the boom on the 2A. You can see it now in the promises of ALL 3 of the Democratic candidates. The 2A is ONE Supreme Court Justice away from meaning NOTHING!

Top Bottom