• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    We must be united in our opposition to this oppressive bill. The Liberals think they have the polls and media on their side. They will keep trying to push their agenda, no matter what damage it causes to our liberties and freedoms. If the NRA were to grow to 20-20 million members, these type of bills would never see the light of day.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Gun control has been a losing issue for Dems everytime they've run on it.

I don't think they'd dare introduce this bill if they actually controlled Congress. The fact that they have introduced it means they don't think it has a snowball's chance in hell of actually passing.

That said, anyone who sponsors of votes for this garbage needs to be hammered severely.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Gun control has been a losing issue for Dems everytime they've run on it.

I don't think they'd dare introduce this bill if they actually controlled Congress. The fact that they have introduced it means they don't think it has a snowball's chance in hell of actually passing.

That said, anyone who sponsors of votes for this garbage needs to be hammered severely.

I think they truly believe they have the advantage now and are going for it. Remember that none of these people live in the real world and they hobnob and socialize only among themselves. They convince each other that Americans really do want what they want. Witness all 3 of the Democratic candidates putting GUN CONTROL out there are a PRIORITY. They think they are winning on this because they've been drinking too much of Obama's Kool-Aid!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think they truly believe they have the advantage now and are going for it. Remember that none of these people live in the real world and they hobnob and socialize only among themselves. They convince each other that Americans really do want what they want. Witness all 3 of the Democratic candidates putting GUN CONTROL out there are a PRIORITY. They think they are winning on this because they've been drinking too much of Obama's Kool-Aid!

I actually agree with this premise and think there is some of this happening, but there are advisors in the party smart enough to keep the rank and file in check. They understand they won't get this now.

This is strictly about the presidential race. They are hoping Hillary wins the white house. In the meantime they'll keep beating the drum for gun control. At the midterms they will appeal to the general public and say, "look at how hard we're trying, but we only have the executive branch. We need to win congress and appoint democratic judges."

This is all about the next 5-10 years, which will ultimately be very frightening if it actually plays out that way.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I actually agree with this premise and think there is some of this happening, but there are advisors in the party smart enough to keep the rank and file in check. They understand they won't get this now.

This is strictly about the presidential race. They are hoping Hillary wins the white house. In the meantime they'll keep beating the drum for gun control. At the midterms they will appeal to the general public and say, "look at how hard we're trying, but we only have the executive branch. We need to win congress and appoint democratic judges."

This is all about the next 5-10 years, which will ultimately be very frightening if it actually plays out that way.

I believe you've captured this accurately.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We've been down this road before. It's time to fill up our elected representatives' e-mail inboxes and FAX hoppers. Exercise the 1st amendment rights to protect our 2nd amendment rights. If you are a two-finger typist like me, save/copy/paste/repeat.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    They are stating clearly, loudly and proudly that they plan on passing all the new gun control that they can if they get in power.
    I hope they continue ... loudly.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. -- Napoleon Bonaparte

... I do hope Hillary picks this chain up and wraps it around her neck.
    Double wrapped. Pull it tight.

:)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm hoping this turns out the way the ATF reclassification of M855 ammo did, it was like they stepped in a hornet's nest! First of all, if you aren't an NRA member, join! If you're one of those who just can't bring themselves to join the NRA please consider the GOA or the NAGR as alternatives or in addition to the NRA.

Second, contact your legislators and let them know where you stand on this stupidity! Remember EVERY ONE of these DEMOCRATIC Representatives took an oath to obey and protect the Constitution. This is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and they know it!

Finally, get involved in REPLACING your legislator if they are soft in civil rights including the 2A! It takes time, effort, and sometimes money but if these people go unchallenged, they will keep chipping away until they feel they have the upper-hand. Then they will lower the boom on the 2A. You can see it now in the promises of ALL 3 of the Democratic candidates. The 2A is ONE Supreme Court Justice away from meaning NOTHING!

I haven't in while and need to correct the oversight, but the NAGR has been my favorite recipient of contributions by virtue of willingness to act rather than wring hands.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Donkey never quits, does it? Keep handing the ass its ass and it keeps coming back for more. Or is it stubbornness? I believe donkeys are known for that too.

One thing's for sure: you can bet your ass they'll keep trying and we'll keep buying more guns and ammo.

If they think they can pass a law, get an EO, or get what they want via judicial activism, eventually there would be a tipping point. I just hope this nonsense doesn't get that far.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Donkey never quits, does it? Keep handing the ass its ass and it keeps coming back for more. Or is it stubbornness? I believe donkeys are known for that too.

One thing's for sure: you can bet your ass they'll keep trying and we'll keep buying more guns and ammo.

If they think they can pass a law, get an EO, or get what they want via judicial activism, eventually there would be a tipping point. I just hope this nonsense doesn't get that far.
    I agree. They would do well by not trying so hard to make criminals out of us. I too hope the nonsense doesn't get that far. They most certainly will not like reaping what they have sown.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Well put. Don't forget "banning ammunition by bureaucratic regulatory fiat".

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Barret will be out of business if he holds to his convictions. He won't sell to any LE that won't allow it's citizens to own the same. Banning from all citizens.... will he no longer sell to the US forces?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    emails sent to Carson, Coats, and Donnely.

Any chance they actually read the emails? I doubt the listen to the public beyond getting elected.

Top Bottom