• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I gotcha...I've seen a few guys out there looking like a cracked out Mr.Clean. But the guys that DO pull it off....do it effortless. mmm. lol

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    use to shave my head ever summer , until all the old guys started saying " hell there is a perfectly good set of shoulders , and somebody stuck a penis on top of them "

I have a full head of hair , matter of fact if some of you guys/girls need to borrrow some let me know . I can do a full blown "JOE DIRT" MULLET in about 2 months .

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    When I started my new job last Dec, I was given a series of names by my fellow employees...(such nice guys;))
    Dr. Evil
    Mr. Clean
    Telly Savalas
    Skin headed racist
    and who knows what else I've been called. :):
    Good thing I can laugh at all of it including at myself. :D

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    is it getting hot in here, or is just RM?
    its-getting-hot-in-here.gif

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I shave my head and face every day in the shower. I use a gilette fusion. I have alopecia and it makes my hair fall out in patches so I just shave it.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Back to the OP's question..

I first shaved my head in order to honor my mom who was battling breast cancer and lost her hair during chemo treatments. After nearly a year of treatments and when her hair started growing back, I had just gotten too used to shaving it every other day, so I just continued. Now (three years later), I finally got sick of shaving and going through razors like crazy so I just keep it extremely short using a Oster Shaver with a number 0 blade on it.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Use clippers and leave just a shadow, if not my hair takes over in a matter of weeks it looks like a sheeps butt, I hate my hair, naturaly curl mess.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    When I started losing my hair after my second chemo treatment I had it buzzed at the barber and went home and hit it with an electric shaver.

After the electric shaver it felt weird so I went ahead and hit it with the manual razor.

Didn't knick myself but made my head feel kind of raw so I went ahead and stuck with the electric shave for the rest of my "hair withdrawal" time.

Some people loved the look on me, my wife loves my hair and she bawled her eyes out when we went to get the initial shave. I think the weight of the situation finally hit her at that point.

As my treatments went on over the next 5-7 months and I gained weight I felt like I started resembling uncle fester because I wasn't getting any sun anymore. (doc put me on big steroid cycles and told me to eat every 2 hours so I did, regardless of appetite, I decided I wasn't keen on a blood transfusion. I'm the only person I know who actually gained 45 pounds going through intense chemo)

Just because it was so traumatic for my wife, I probably won't shave my head again unless I wind up going bald, which I don't think will happen no one in my family really gone bald, including my Grandfather who is 70 years old with a full head of hair.

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    I buzz it with hair clippers and no attachment. I try to do it every 2 to 4 weeks. At 4 weeks though, it's pretty long for me and I want it gone.

I shaved my head completely once when I was in high school, it grew back too quick then though. Maybe I can get an electric one day and try it again.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    True story. When I was in high school back in the 80s, I always wanted to grow my hair long like the headbangers, but my parents were strict with a NO. When I graduated, I didn't get another haircut for two years. Man, you talk about helping to pick up chicks!!! Then, when in college, my roommate and I went to the bars and hooked up with some babes one night, and when we went back to their apartment, they asked if they could cut it off for locks of love. I had no idea what that was at the time, and respectfully declined. Then they ponied up $50 cash, and already nearly a case of beer under, I said OK. I went from hair down my back, to nothing in a matter of about 20 minutes. It felt like I lost about 50 lbs too. I quickly got used to the no conditioner, blow drying crap (go ahead and laugh now) and it has been this way almost ever since. I let it grow back one time in the middle 90s, and wore it piled high like Elvis for a few years while I worked at a bank. Needless to say, it helped me score with about every willing female teller too. (I actually was reprimanded by the bank president for being too obvious about my exploits. They said I was unbecoming of a bank employee to sleep with the employees. LOL. I think they were just jealous.

With that said, I use Wahl clippers about once a week, no guard, and I have never once used a blade to clean it all off. I like the shadow look. And yes, at 40, I have a receding hairline, and grey hair is setting in. By shaving it, it keeps me looking 20 years younger, and one bottle of shampoo lasts me nearly a year.

I might add that I think only larger guys can pull it off well. Little scrawny dudes who shave their heads usually end up looking like Cambodian poster children.

Top Bottom