• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    This is probably a dumb question, but after you shave your head do you use any kind of soap or shampoo to clean your head in between shaves?

Definitely have to wash your head. I wound up just using regular liquid shower gel to wash my head. Your head sweats a lot and I always seemed to have a coat of salt on my head after any kind of sweating.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I am with RM on this one. Not every man looks good with a bald or shaved head. Some men have heads shaped funny or some scars on them or it just doesnt fit their bodies. I have never thought of bald or shaved heads just for any particular race. I think its just like anything else whatever the person wants. Like Rod Stewart says "You Wear It Well".

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    It started as a rebellion thing.....then I started going bald @ 25......so yeah.

I usually use clippers w/no guard, sometimes I shave it for "special occasions". My wife likes it.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I am going bald so I just buzz it off every other week. I have been told it looks good. I like the no maint. and it being cool in the summer.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    For one reason I'm going bald. Also, honestly I hate having hair. I hate the way it looks and I hate washing it. It keeps me cooler during the summer also. During the winter I will let it grow out some.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Losing enough on top to see my head even without shaving led me to hit the clippers with no guard. Started with a #2, then hit a #1 a couple weeks later, finally no guard. Stuck with no guard every few weeks for a year or so then got ballsy and shaved it right before a job interview. Took me a couple years of using the electric before I got brave enough to put the Mach 3 Turbo on it. I'm gonna have to get some disposables just for the head though, shaving once a week ruins the blade quickly. In the almost 4 years I've been doing it, now I can't handle having hair longer than maybe 3-4 weeks growth. In the winter, I'll trim to a #1, but it's still gotta be short.

I will have to say, the first time you take a shower or stand in the rain with a completely shaved head is an interesting feeling.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Electric clippers, no guard, set as low as the clippers go. I used to have a barber shave my head with a straight razor about every 3 weeks, but since we moved a couple years ago I haven't been able to find another barber located close to my house that does this.

I did it on a lark the first time, having moderately shaggy hair and decided to "clean up" a bit. Once my head hit my cool pillow that night I was hooked.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Mach 3. Need to shave every day but I am too lazy for that and average every 3 days.
    Chicks dig it.
    If you ever happen to be in a topless bar with a freshly shaven head, you will never grow your hair back.
    The day I threw my comb away I became a free man.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Started shaving my head 13 years ago for high school wrestling, and its been shaved ever since. (dont think it'd grow back now anyways ;)) I use a Gilette Fusion, and try to shave every other day.

The only downside is in the spring, i'll FRY my head a time or two, and to those of you who have never had their head burnt, consider yourselves very, very lucky. It hurts like no other. :):

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The guys who shave their heads:

Why do you shave it? Is it because you like the way it looks, or is it because you're bald, or going bald?

I started doing it during the summers about 15 years ago when I used to do physical labor outside...being "hot blooded" by nature, I couldn't handle the heat.

I have maintained it through a few winters, though during most, I'll grow back at least a "buzz".

I am fully capable of growing a full head of long, luxurious, beautiful hair, and have done so in the past ;)

How do you shave your head? Do you have it done, or do you do it yourself?
    If it gets a little longer (> 1/8th inch) I'll knock it down with the WAHL clippers (no guard) before hopping in the shower. Then, I get my scalp wet and warm, soap up, and shave by feel with a standard disposable razor.

Add shades and :cool:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I used to have long hair also. Then I cut it short and had it highlighted when that was popular.

Over time it kept getting shorter and shorter. I am down to a #2 on top and #1 on the sides. I do it myself. I use the Old Spice all over hair & body wash. Shower time is way down. I cut it every saturday and hit the beard while I'm at it.

I love having short hair and can't even comprehend going back to long hair ever again. I can wear hats w/o having to worry about the hair, I can walk in the rain without it messing up my hair, etc etc etc.

Plus, as I continue to advance in years my hairline correspondingly recedes like a French infantry line.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I started shaving my head a couple of months ago. A friend took me to lunch and told me that my comb over wasn't getting it. I asked him what comp over? I have been having my hair cut like it was for years. Anyway decided if he thought it was a comb over it was going. Then the family wanted to start telling me that my comb over haqdn't been getting it for years.

Anyway it seemed strange to look at that face in the mirror without hair on my head but I have gotten used to it. The new girlfriend likes it so I guess it is ok with me.

Anyway I use a BIC to get the longer stuff and the a Mach 3 to get the smooth feel

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    I shave my strictly for aerodynamic reasons, cuts down on drag greatly. Mach 3 in the shower. Started at a party about 13 yrs ago (first to pass out) and it just kinda stuck.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    my dad told me 2 things not to do in life, shave your head or get tattoos(especially on the forearms or neck). ive stuck with his advice, and im sure glad now that i listened to him.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I shave my strictly for aerodynamic reasons, cuts down on drag greatly. Mach 3 in the shower. Started at a party about 13 yrs ago (first to pass out) and it just kinda stuck.

Lightweight alert!!!:laugh:

my dad told me 2 things not to do in life, shave your head or get tattoos(especially on the forearms or neck). ive stuck with his advice, and im sure glad now that i listened to him.

Why and why?

(BTW, I don't have any tattoos, but see absolutely no problem with having concealable ones)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom