• ...and so much more!
  • top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    Also, anybody got a drill press close to the east side of indy I can borrow. I would like to buy a full size one but don't want to spend that sort of money right now. Craigslist isn't showing much of anything worth while. I will be drilling over 100 holes through 1/8 angle iron to make the frame for the ammo chest. Once the chest is made, I can figure out how I am going to secure it because a part of that will be the rear hangers for the implements. once they are hung, I will be painting. Once painted, then I will throw 10 pounds of powder down range and that will be the day the helpers get the invite.

doesn't need to be a full size though... an 8 inch model will work just fine as well.

i dont think i'll need mine for a while, take it when you come over to get the worm and return my ratchet. you know it will handle what you want to do. tried to reply to your text about concrete filled cans and phone died, and then i forgot. serious recoil in my opinion.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Check that post. I just made 10 concrete projectiles out of my strawberita cans and they weigh about 1.35 pounds each. I imagine these will put out MUCH more substantial recoil and my extra effort may really be needed.

So, was it harder to fill or empty the cans? I just had to ask :-)

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    So no real new updates on the cannon. I have postponed building the ammo box for now though. All that's left are a couple of welds, a few welds to grind down and paint. I am hoping to start painting it this week.

Now, on to the fun part. I have set a date for those who have helped in the process of building the cannon to come and see what they have helped create.

The date is Saturday July 5th. The location will be central Shelby County. Address will be pmed to those who have helped with the cannon in some fashion or another and the addressed will be PMed to those who RSVP.

You may bring your own black powder firearm if you desire. But it will be limited to BP firearms. I am hoping to have an old dryer there for the target to send some concrete through it.

I am expecting it to run about 1-5

I have not done a very good job of keeping track of who all has helped me in the past year or so, so if you are not sure if I am talking about you it doesn't hurt to ask.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Can't wait to see it painted. Your work has been amazing to follow. Awesome job IndGunworks! If I am recouped enough from surgery I'll make it down.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    slmplmber came over last night and helped get the first coat of primer on the wood. slow progress but progress none the less.... I think painting has to be my most hated part of this build yet.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Take a video of the July shoot, it sounds cool. Especially if you have other BP firearms there and do some sort of 3-2-1 shoot!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If you have helped with the cannon, including the day we set the trunnion pocket metal and want to attend on july 5th at 1 please let me know in this thread so I can keep a record of who and how many are coming. If you have not helped with the cannon, but would like to see it shoot, I am willing to travel time allowed, if you provide the powder, or the cost of the powder. your range though not mine.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Only one person from the day we set the cannon barrel has expressed a desire to come. any other takers?

also, i will be needing help with the cannon barrel again tonight... this time lifting it onto a post in the ground so i can get it ready for paint. anybody interested?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am in depending on how my surgery goes! I haven't been much(any) help but I am more then willing to chip in for some powder! Do you have PP? I'll gladly pay for a big bang! You just might have to tape it for me :-(

Top Bottom