• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    wifes camera takes as good of pics as yours, or better. i cant remember what we were discussing in that pic with me in it. canon looks great in pics and film, you've done a fantastic job nick.

that was the video from my cell phone... Have not figured out how to edit out the tons of extra time out of the videos we took with the camera on the tripod yet. ill try and get to that today if my son will let me.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Cool thanks.... Got the rest of the videos edited. Enjoy the video does not even come close to doing it justice. You really have to feel it in person to get the impression that its not just a noise maker.

[video=youtube;td3ekJwgIRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td3ekJwgIRo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    over 12,000 views to boot!

Another question though... when I search youtube for black powder cannon, my videos do not show up, yet they say black powder cannon in the title... any ideas why this is?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Also, anybody got a drill press close to the east side of indy I can borrow. I would like to buy a full size one but don't want to spend that sort of money right now. Craigslist isn't showing much of anything worth while. I will be drilling over 100 holes through 1/8 angle iron to make the frame for the ammo chest. Once the chest is made, I can figure out how I am going to secure it because a part of that will be the rear hangers for the implements. once they are hung, I will be painting. Once painted, then I will throw 10 pounds of powder down range and that will be the day the helpers get the invite.

doesn't need to be a full size though... an 8 inch model will work just fine as well.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    over 12,000 views to boot!

Another question though... when I search youtube for black powder cannon, my videos do not show up, yet they say black powder cannon in the title... any ideas why this is?

The only thing I can think of is keywords/tags. Maybe add some more to your videos... That's the best idea I've got.

As for the cannon, simply awesome.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My videos dont show up for like a million pages kinda annoying but they are there

I had to edit out me running from the cannon like you did as well... Not that I was scared, or didn't want to get powder on my cloths... but when I lit the fuse I WATCHED a small flame shoot down the outside edge of the fuse like it was nothing... I thought the thing was about to go off while I was standing right behind the wheel. Made me do a double take. It did that twice. Another good reason for quills. I really didn't enjoy waiting for the thing to go off and not knowing exactly when that would be... besides quills will be more fun.... this go around was to just make sure the barrel was safe and the carriage would hold up to recoil anyways... I think I overbuilt a few things and had some unnecessary items to help with the recoil.... oh well she works, and could probably handle a much larger barrel.... probably wont remake the carriage, but I might upgrade the wheels, and add a barrel with a 3 inch plus bore on it some day.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    It seems for me when I upload video to youtube I have to type in my channel. (username)
    That's the only way I can find my videos. Everybody else can type in the title to them and they will come up everytime. Doesn't make much since but that's my experience. At first I had it set for private, then I figured out I had to unlock them for public viewing.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I had to edit out me running from the cannon like you did as well... Not that I was scared, or didn't want to get powder on my cloths... but when I lit the fuse I WATCHED a small flame shoot down the outside edge of the fuse like it was nothing... I thought the thing was about to go off while I was standing right behind the wheel. Made me do a double take. It did that twice. Another good reason for quills. I really didn't enjoy waiting for the thing to go off and not knowing exactly when that would be... besides quills will be more fun.... this go around was to just make sure the barrel was safe and the carriage would hold up to recoil anyways... I think I overbuilt a few things and had some unnecessary items to help with the recoil.... oh well she works, and could probably handle a much larger barrel.... probably wont remake the carriage, but I might upgrade the wheels, and add a barrel with a 3 inch plus bore on it some day.

Check that post. I just made 10 concrete projectiles out of my strawberita cans and they weigh about 1.35 pounds each. I imagine these will put out MUCH more substantial recoil and my extra effort may really be needed.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Check that post. I just made 10 concrete projectiles out of my strawberita cans and they weigh about 1.35 pounds each. I imagine these will put out MUCH more substantial recoil and my extra effort may really be needed.

Are those the 7oz cans? Pepsi is making the little cans now, and I can get you some empties if you need them.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have some of the pepsi mini cans, and some tomatoe paste cans.... the pepsi cans are just a shade smaller than the stawberita cans... and the strawberita cans hold .5 oz more and seem to fit better.

I don't need anymore cans but thanks for asking.... I have a whole box in the garage dedicated to cans that will fit the cannon.

Top Bottom