• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    HA, those wheels wouldn't hold up to that at all.... If I bought the wheels to be period correct they would have cost around 1800 a piece, and I could have hitched it up and pulled at around 30 MPH.... ill pass, only have 500 into these wheels. I did buy a trailer just to haul this thing though.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    another photo update.

I recut the front transom and put a bevel on it. I will have to redrill some holes but this will allow water to run out easier during cleaning.

And I got the middle transom in place, but still have to drill the holes and get the elevator screw ordered.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Thanks... I am at the point now where any progress I make looks like a larger accomplishment than it really is. Its just nice to have her back up on wheels because she looked kinda silly just sittin on the ground the last couple of weeks.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    When you're done with that, I need about 15 Whitworth rifled bores... Johnny Reb has been hankering for some counter battery for some time now, time to whet his appetite! Failing that, maybe a few Parrotts... canister works just fine if you please suh...

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Took an educated guess on what angle to cut on the front transom... Got it pretty darn good so the barrel will rest on it rather well.

Middle transom being held into place so I can locate the holes I wanted to drill.

Middle transom done (minus elevating screw which is on its way)

A quick look at how well the angles of the trail match the taper of the barrel. With a can of geox for size reference.

Top Bottom