• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i am going w/ high caliber over high capacity on this one.

there are many standards for subcaliber bores. golf ball bores, pool ball bores, soda can bores, and bowling ball bores (mostly on morters.

this one will shoot pool balls, tomatoe past cans filled w/ concrete (or rocks, shot, glass ect ect ect) or i can purchase or make zinc or lead balls that are around 2 1/8th diameter. i mostly plan on blank charges, or tomatoe past cans full of buckshot, or a leather pouch full of rocks) with the occasional zinc ball to test penetration range and accuracy.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    a few more pictures...

the metal for the trunion pockets, and cap squares.

IMG_1504_zpsa04ead17.jpg

and the worm

IMG_1505_zps8bcb9a23.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    going to have to change the title to this thread as its becoming more than just a sneak peak.

here is what I accomplished today. the template for the trails.

what I started with

IMG_1506_zps8c258aeb.jpg

and what I ended up with... the angles will be more pronounced once its cut out in wood... cardboard was VERY hard to cut while keeping clean lines the trails will be just under 7 feet long.

IMG_1507_zps13bcf391.jpg

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    That sure looks fun! I have a golf ball cannon and used to have a soda can bore cannon. Somebody offered me way more that it was worth...in my eyes. They sure are fun to shoot. I had a buddies kids over and let them make a "pirate ship" out of an old galvanized wash basin and I floated it out in the pond and we shot the crap out of it. I like to load mine with bullets pulled out of the berm behind the target stands. Makes a fun grape shot like load and free too!

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Where do you shoot your GB cannon?

Mostly at a friends place down in Nashville. I've shot it on some friends farms up here too. The golf ball goes really far. You have to have some room! I was told when I bought it that with a full charge of powder it would go almost a mile. The coke can cannon was pretty easy to see the can flying, but the balls just seem to dissapear. That's why I like shooting them at the pond. It will go through 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood. I also know a guy that does a cannons only shoot up near muncie at his place. I've been a couple times, but never taken mine. They have some real big stuff. A couple real cannons and lots of bowling ball tubes.

Top Bottom