Guns stolen from Harvey police range including FULL AUTOS!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I bet those "other items" are other things a terrorist would love to have like flash-bangs, smoke grenades, tear gas.

Most likely thousands of rounds of 5.56 and 9mm ammo! Telling the public the guns were lifted is bad enough but having to tell them they got plenty of ammo too would be just too much.... :dunno: :draw: :ar15:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm not trying to jack your thread,maybe it fits,along with this.
    Every day for the last 4 to 6 days,wasnt keeping count ,but there has been a shooting and a lot of anti gun talk on my local news.Seems like their setting a precedence,People saying their stepping up their effort to make sure it never happens again.
    I know there are always shootings ,but its just the special twist the media seems to be putting into it right now.Anyone else notice what I am talking about?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Indianapolis is on the way to a record year for killings if it keeps up. Three more bit the dust last night, 2 brothers shot each other over an XBOX I believe. I wonder about some of the shootings being staged for political gain sometimes myself.

VAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Harvey Police...dumb asses from way back. I worked in a body shop in Harvey about 25 years ago, while working on one of Harvey's unmarked cars I discovered a nice Winchester 12 guage shotgun laying, unsecured, in the trunk of the car. I immediatelly brought it and the fine assortment of shells that were with it, to the office for safe keeping.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    more . . .
    At least 21 guns stolen from Harvey police shooting range - Chicago Breaking News
    At least 21 weapons --- including MP5 and AR-15 assault rifles --- were stolen from a shooting range belonging to south suburban Harvey police, officials say.

The weapons, ranging from handguns to high-powered rifles, were reported stolen from a trailer on the property of the shooting range at 153rd Street and Campbell Avenue around 9 a.m. Monday, according to Harvey police and the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives.

Special Agent Tom Ahern, an ATF spokesman, said his agency was working with the Illinois State Police to determine exactly how the weapons were removed and to trace their histories.
    Ahern did not know if the ""assault weapons"" were equipped to be fully automatic. He said several weapons were left behind by the robbers.

Law enforcement sources said the shooting range wasn't a secure facility and isn't equipped for storing weapons.

The Harvey Police Department has been embroiled in controversy regarding weapons in the past.

A former Harvey detective was convicted of taking a handgun from police custody and returning it to the family of the felon arrested for having it in exchange for cash.

The case led to calls for a state police takeover of the crime-ridden suburb, but Mayor Eric Kellogg called instead for a new policy on how weapons were inventoried.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Vorhang auf fuer meine Horrorschau!

We're living in a police State.

"Oh noes, someone got the drop on us 'cause we're tools who can't properly secure TITLE II ARMS. - SOMEBODY GO RAISE THE TERROR ALERT LEVEL!"

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Oh.

Wait.

Illinois.

Makes sense now.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Man that Harvey must really be a hot bed of crime if the cops need full auto AR15s and MP5s! They had to keep em in a trailer to be able to Roll Out rapidly to stomp out any pot smokers or stray Corgis!! Wonder what the "other items" are. Glad it happened it the Peoples Public of Illinois, just shows how well all those strict gun laws and gun owner ID's work.

Harvey isn't just a hot bed of crime, its the whole bedroom !

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that criminals don't care about gun control laws and they will break the law to get what they want?! What can we possibly do to protect ourselves:dunno: Oh thets right :draw: WE ARM OURSELVES!!!:patriot:

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    And more to the story, making it seem even more like an inside job.

The Cook County Sheriff's Department late Tuesday pulled the plug on its investigation of weapons that went missing from the Harvey Police Department firing range. County officers "have been unable to conduct a thorough and proper investigation free of influence by Harvey police," spokesman Steve Patterson said in a prepared release. "Because of that, we are ordering all of our officers out of Harvey tonight."
    The Harvey Police Department in a prepared response denied trying to influence the investigation.
    "In no way did (the department) attempt to hinder this investigation or supersede the authority of the Cook County sheriff's police," spokeswoman Sandra Alvarado said.

The rest was just rehashing what had happened - Cop guns missing in Harvey

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    The Cook County Sheriff's Department late Tuesday pulled the plug on its investigation of weapons that went missing from the Harvey Police Department firing range. County officers "have been unable to conduct a thorough and proper investigation free of influence by Harvey police," spokesman Steve Patterson said in a prepared release. "Because of that, we are ordering all of our officers out of Harvey tonight."
    The Harvey Police Department in a prepared response denied trying to influence the investigation.
    "In no way did (the department) attempt to hinder this investigation or supersede the authority of the Cook County sheriff's police," spokeswoman Sandra Alvarado said.
    I think they forgot the purple!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well, Illinois cops don't need guns anyway. They tell citizens to just puke on their attackers. If it works for citizens, it should work for them, too!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    This rises to the level of a terrorism alert?

HECK YEAH!!! stolen full auto weapons from a police department. you betcha!! this is one thing you learn in counter terorism training is warning signs to look for, and this is certainly one.

another warning sign would be stolen police or EMS uniforms. I wont go into anymore detail, you all can use your imagination. but any of these things would warrant a national terrorism alert. and it should.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    This story is just so amazing I don't know what else to say. I just know that if those guns were stolen from a Class III or a collector all HELL would break loose and the media feeding frenzy would go on for days. But let it happen to a bunch of misfit cops who don't cooperate with the authorities and it's no big deal. Talk about double standards and media bias. All this happens a few miles from Obama's old stompin grounds....

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    yeah he probly has a couple of iligitimate kenyan kids running around in that neighborhood as future community organizers. they better find these guns quick before they get melted down

I guarentee that if recovered they won't be melted down. They will wait until every thing dies down and then return them to Barney and Festus for further mishandling. You or I would be sitting in a cell somewhere with numerous Federal charges pending.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Chicago inside job for sure. Everybody will get thier cut and the insurance company will buy them a whole new lot.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom