• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    That's the way I see it, but the round count does give me some idea of what I'm willing to pay.

I never pay any attentiong to "round count" what so ever. 1 I don't believe past the first box of amo people have a clue or count how many bullets they shoot through a gun. I think it's ridiculous.

Fact, if it's not NIB from the dealer IT'S USED.
    Fact, it's a good gun or it's not.

I'll pay asking price for used with out even a haggle if I want it and I can watch them shoot it and make it do what they say it will do. I'll hand over the cash with even touching it in that circumstance. If it doesn't do what they told me before driving there, I don't say a word just put my money in my pocket, turn around and drive away never to speak to them again for any reason. I don't do business with liars or cheats at any price.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I dunno guys. I've seen some deals here. Got a few, missed a few. In all cases I've been fortunate to deal with sellers that have been honest and straightforward; a testament to the quality of folks on this board. Only one case of a very slight misrepresentation that didn't affect my decision, and frankly I don't think the seller knew of that difference when they stated it.

Of course there are listings that are crazy overpriced, but I just skip those.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The PM sent message always makes me pause. Then I look for a *bump* to tell me no deal has been made. Maybe people post the "PM sent" to keep others away, or make them pause. Or maybe they do it simply because they see it used so much. There really isn't any good point to post "PM sent," because if the Seller is online, they would know they have a PM, wouldn't they?:dunno:

Showing a "PM sent" is also a visual aid in the ad for pecking order, not a guarantee that you'll be the first one, but it shows where you stand to an extent.

Folks, ya really need to get realistic, if it's a price you don't like/think is to high, move along and look for another one selling one cheaper, or shoot them an reasonable offer. Otherwise shake your head till you hear it rattle :D and dwell on it.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Wal-mart Guns

Which Wal-Mart still sells guns? I havent seen that in years since I was a kid? How far do you have to go to see guns at Wal-Mart? I remember when I was about 12 I saw a revolver for sale at Wal-Mart and this kid goes "Dad, I like that one" and his dad goes ," That gun is for killing people, we dont buy that kind" I don't know why but I remember looking at him like he was crazy cause my grandpa let me have a smith and wesson to carry when I was 12. I have never killed any people with it yet. I also remember a song by Cheryl Crow that was written with these lyrics:

" "Watch out sister/Watch out brother/Watch our children as they kill each other/With a gun they bought at the Walmart discount stores."

Walmart refused to carry the album that contained the song, "Sheryl Crow," although it still displayed her other records. Amends have been made, Crow says. "Since that time they've become very stringent about making sure that people buying guns are registered and that it's lawful," she says. "I would feel better if we would have stricter gun laws, and I'm not ashamed to say it."

Well, that kind of ticked me off because I thought Wal-mart stopped selling guns because they thought it politically incorrect. I am glad they still sell them. I have not seen them here in Fort Wayne, Indy or Greenwood

Sheryl Crow Returns To Her Roots On '100 Miles From Memphis' | Billboard.com
    The highball posts just lead me to think the person is insane, and I don't even bother to make an offer. I mean if a gun is listed for $275 in the classifieds and is $229 at Wal-mart, for example, does it do any good to offer $175 which would probably be a fair price? I doubt if I had anything for sale for $275 that I would take $175.

I understand free market, and I believe in capitalism. I was just trying to figure out what people were thinking. Whether they were just confused or whether they think that the majority of people on INGO are suckers.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    some prices are high but nothing ridicious like a gun show prices.

I think there should be a wanting to trade section... Not only are half the listings just ridiculously priced, They have ridiculous trade needs. I think the horse traders need their own section. I very rarely want to trade.

that would be nice. but i never want too downsize my collection. keep the same number or increase. i traded parts for 2 firearms. i like trading. you have new to you stuff with out spending a dime and got rid of something u dont use.

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    well if you have a gun such as an AR priced at lets say $700 then most people want to trade so as a seller i mark up a little bit for that reason and if someone offers cash then we can deal ,and like i read on a previous post some of us travel up to 90 plus miles to meet do we need to drop our price for travel exspences i know most wont . well thats my thought and if you dont agree go to the next post and oh ya HAVE A NICE DAY kindness kills

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've sold a couple pieces from my safe in the INGO classifieds and have not been shy about asking what I felt they were worth. Two pieces went for exactly what I asked for and the third has generated interest but hasn't left yet. I certainly didn't make any money on either deal. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for what you expect out of something. Of course, there will always be the $600 Glocks, and people who think that duracoat adds value. If you don't like it, ignore it!

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    I AGREE

I can honestly say that I can buy a gun cheaper at my local gun shop NIB than used here.:dunno:I am a member at INGO but actually live 610 FT. north of the state line in Michigan but was born and raised on the southside of South Bend.I also am a member MGO and its not much different there.To me on INGO if you live in INDY or anywhere near Indy your classified items are gold.INDY members will meet you for a FTF trade but will only drive 5 minutes to meet you.You need a Indiana DL and a LTCH to even buy a shotgun or rifle which is not really nessasary other than a handgun IMO I can go to any gunshop anywhere and buy a rifle or shotgun and bring it home the same day.I think my money goes farther on Gunbroker with $30 shipping and $10 to my FFL in Michigan.I know this will PO lot of people here but I am outspoken and cause alot of stir in local elections in Southern Michigan but its a free country and I live like it is.I have made several buys from Gunbroker and MGO and my local gunshop and feel I"ve saved money.I just can't see driving to INDY to pay $5 less than new retail to buy a used gun.Let the verbal abuse begin I have thick skin.:(

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I am a member at INGO but actually live 610 FT. north of the state line in Michigan but was born and raised on the southside of South Bend.

I agree that it isn't worth your time for minimal deals to drive to Indy. The DL and LTCH requirements are to protect the seller. They aren't legal requirements. For example, showing your MI drivers license to purchase an Indiana handgun would be a huge red flag, even if you have a valid MI gun license. Long gun sales would be okay, but again the purchaser just wants some protections. Much like the purchase price, if you don't like the terms of the deal, it is okay to attempt to alter them or not do the deal at all.

bothehunter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    shelbyville
    the whole point here is sell it for what u want for it, a good deal is one that u are happy with. dont matter if i think it was too much, if they dont come down to what u want to pay, move on!

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i like the idea of "trading" thread

also, how about a 'pricing guide" for local shops? would this not work because of site sponsors?
    for instance: new glocks $489
    new romanian ak-47 $439 w/2 30 rd mags, bayonette and mag pouch
    new kel tec p-11 $229 w/1 10 rd mag
    1000 rds 9mm spear ammo $219
    will keep prices honest in the for sale section......these are real prices i have seen last time shopping inside of 465, less than 2 months ago. i cringe at the prices mentioned in for sale section. i dont care where you live, if you had to pay $560 for new glock you should have drove some or done some research.

or how about "pink text" for prices higher than new?

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I am noticing the opposite over at craigslist. Half a dozen ads a day where someone wants to trade random items valued between $20 and $150 for a "nice pistol". Man, even if I had a broken hipoint I wouldn't make those trades. I wonder if they're actually getting them? If they are, I wonder how many are stolen, bent, or have bodies/drive bys attributed to them?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    A lot of people who complain about prices people are selling items for seem to be wanting an "amazing" deal or just don't take the time to make a real offer on an item. Also, a lot of people put a price on an item as a starting point since there is a LOT of lowball offers thrown around and it also is a good amount to base trades on. I try and go by what is a rough amount from a few online dealers and then work from there with my prices or if I want a quick sale I price it low and watch it go. :twocents:

hondacafe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    I've been around for awhile. It hasn't always been ridiculous like it is now. I blame ignorance on people hoping to get lucky on a sale. A lot of the hype started around election time IMHO and has since continued. Oh well I guess.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    There really isn't any good point to post "PM sent," because if the Seller is online, they would know they have a PM, wouldn't they?:dunno:

I agree...in fact, I thought for a long time that those "PM sent" posts were against the forum rules. I looked over the rules just now and I guess that is not in fact the case, but I wonder if it should be. It does send a thread to the top of the list for no reason...and if a potential buyer is trying to "call dibs", it's not only pointless (because in my mind the PM is the real offer, not the "PM sent" comment), it actually increases the risk of another member making an offer around the same time since it pushes the thread upward.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a suggestion and the idea is already in place. Every thread is able to be rated from one to five stars. We could use the rating system to let people know what we think of the asking prices. Good price? Three stars. Great price? Five stars. Gouging? One star. Or something like that.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have a suggestion and the idea is already in place. Every thread is able to be rated from one to five stars. We could use the rating system to let people know what we think of the asking prices. Good price? Three stars. Great price? Five stars. Gouging? One star. Or something like that.

That's not a bad idea, but I'm not sure if it's going to go over well.

Top Bottom