• ...and so much more!
  • Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    These guys are definitely not helping. The whole long gun in places like Starbucks thing is a PR nightmare for us.

Life is all about managing threats. You avoid bad parts of town, you don't withdraw cash from an ATM at 2am on a dark street corner, etc.
    Most dangerous situations can be avoided by being observant and using common sense. So, If I were to stroll into a store with my kids and saw several 20-somethings
    standing around with AR-15's, I am going to do a 180 and get the hell out of there. I don't know if one of them is locked and loaded, careless, and coonfingers his weapon while it's pointed at me or someone else. We all have "gun friends" that scare the crap out of us at the range and elsewhere with careless behaviour. We all know stories of someone who has accidentally shot his weapon while clearing it or cleaning, etc.... I have a hole in my floor from having done it myself, and I consider myself extremely careful. It isn't worth the risk to assume nothing bad is going to happen.

So if that is how I feel as a rabidly pro-gun person, how is some soccer mom going to feel? Probably intimidated enough to organize against us. I agree with the others
    that if Bloomberg has any reals brains, he just needs to buy a bunch of rifles and send packs of armed people into stores for the next few years until the public
    outcry is loud enough that things start getting banned.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    These guys are definitely not helping. The whole long gun in places like Starbucks thing is a PR nightmare for us.

Life is all about managing threats. You avoid bad parts of town, you don't withdraw cash from an ATM at 2am on a dark street corner, etc.
    Most dangerous situations can be avoided by being observant and using common sense. So, If I were to stroll into a store with my kids and saw several 20-somethings
    standing around with AR-15's, I am going to do a 180 and get the hell out of there. I don't know if one of them is locked and loaded, careless, and coonfingers his weapon while it's pointed at me or someone else. We all have "gun friends" that scare the crap out of us at the range and elsewhere with careless behaviour. We all know stories of someone who has accidentally shot his weapon while clearing it or cleaning, etc.... I have a hole in my floor from having done it myself, and I consider myself extremely careful. It isn't worth the risk to assume nothing bad is going to happen.

So if that is how I feel as a rabidly pro-gun person, how is some soccer mom going to feel? Probably intimidated enough to organize against us. I agree with the others
    that if Bloomberg has any reals brains, he just needs to buy a bunch of rifles and send packs of armed people into stores for the next few years until the public
    outcry is loud enough that things start getting banned.

Don't forget about the guy was coonfingering his gun in a starbucks bathroom and went off going through the female bathroom and the dining area...(A coworker of mine is related to the idiot)

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Simple fact is this, it looks irresponsible and childish...you don't know who is watching and you sure as hell don't know what certain people are thinking. This isn't helping any pro gun owners cause even if you think "posing" for the camera is ok.

We already have enough bad press, don't pile on to it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    As a proud "OC Idiot Activist" and long-time attention whore, I feel that I should be the one to ask

...anybody need anything from Home Depot while I'm out?

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I'll just leave this here:

[video=youtube;JDpvkwBBu6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpvkwBBu6U[/video]

Top Bottom