• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I think this may clarify part of the problem.. most peoples conception of "dopers"
    stoner-791927.jpg

Now how about some more of those anarchist "dopers":
    Bill-Gates1.jpg

richardbranson.jpg

and this last one just because i like him
    0.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Man made booze GOD made grass .....Who do you trust ?

Actually God made alcohol as well. Well at least the yeast that produce it. Go get some grapes off a vine crush them in a bucket and let it sit for a week or two. You'll have wine.

Not that much different than picking the buds and laying them out for a couple of weeks to dry.

Here are a few others that God has made.... Opium, peyote, psychedelic mushrooms, LSD (yes virtually all of it that's around now is synthetic, but it is a natural product of the Rye ergot) and the coca plant.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    lets just change the nouns here and see what we get...

I think the gov. should do away with the ban on new fully automatic weapons...

WHAT!, YOU SUPPORT ILLEGAL FIREARMS!!

Please.:n00b:

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    If weed was legal, the cartels would "leave."

I'm a pretty decent gardener. ;)

The cartels generally bring in a vastly inferior product. If Capitalism prevailed and cultivation/distribution of MJ was unregulated, there would be next to no violence related to the sale of MJ.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    All it takes is a wee bit of reasearch folks.

If you look into what companies supported the mary-jane ban, you will find out it was the big oil companies.

Why would they care if the sheeple got high?

They dont, but you will also find that canabis of all types was banned, not just the "smokee feel good kind" because it was a renewable alternative to oil for making cloth, fuels and plastics.

ChromeLined

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I am a bitt confused.
    This topic kind of ended up being the battle of beliefs.

If we lay our personal beliefs to rest, can anyone lay out the actual laws on this subject?
    I recently read something about the supreme court ruling it unconstitutional to deny a misdemeanor drug offender the right to bear arms in 2007 if I remember correctly.

I have a cousin that had a marijuana possession charge around 2002.
    He was denied to buy a gun a few years later, and to my knowledge has not tried since.

But this is a prime example of why not to judge.
    The same individual has held a Miccs card for years now becuase hes an electrician that mainly works in hospitals.

The last time we talked it sounded like it was bothering him alot.
    He ends up in neighborhoods that would scare police doing service work.

Is a lawyer the only option?Or is there some type of delay to make sure an individual is not a repeat offender?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I am a bitt confused.
    This topic kind of ended up being the battle of beliefs.

If we lay our personal beliefs to rest, can anyone lay out the actual laws on this subject?
    I recently read something about the supreme court ruling it unconstitutional to deny a misdemeanor drug offender the right to bear arms in 2007 if I remember correctly.

I have a cousin that had a marijuana possession charge around 2002.
    He was denied to buy a gun a few years later, and to my knowledge has not tried since.

But this is a prime example of why not to judge.
    The same individual has held a Miccs card for years now becuase hes an electrician that mainly works in hospitals.

The last time we talked it sounded like it was bothering him alot.
    He ends up in neighborhoods that would scare police doing service work.

Is a lawyer the only option?Or is there some type of delay to make sure an individual is not a repeat offender?

I have heard of judges expunging misdemeanor charges, however....

I thought only felony or domestic abuse charges would make you ineligible to purchase a firearm... in Indiana, that is...

Does your cousin live in Indiana, and are you sure a misdemeanor possession charge is the only thing on his record?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If weed was legal, the cartels would "leave."

I'm a pretty decent gardener. ;)

I do not believe this is correct. History has shown that when alcohol was illegal, the legal manufacturers diversified, yet stayed put. When alcohol was again legalized, the mafia didn't go anywhere, they kept a stake in the product, but they too diversified. The legalization of drugs, IMO, will not have any affect on crime. If anything, it will create another more moochers looking to the govt for handouts. But, like I said, this is my opinion.

ChromeLined

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Yes hes a lifetime Indiana resident, but I think during the same arrest he was charged with resisting arrest as well.
    Ill make an effort to confirm that.
    But I know he was only arrested one night for the posession charge.

But isnt resisting arrest different than domestic dispute?
    Drug posessions and domestic dispute are the only misdameanors im aware of to cause a denial, wich is why I was thinking it was his drug conviction.

ChromeLined

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I have already advised him to apply for a handgun permit becuase he will recieve a explanation of denial.
    I just wanted to ask just in case anyone had a answer.

Either he will get denied and know why, or he was in a grey area the last time he tried and recieve it.

I just thought that I remembered reading something about the supreme court changing the guidlines a bit a few years ago and thought I would ask

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Yes hes a lifetime Indiana resident, but I think during the same arrest he was charged with resisting arrest as well.
    Ill make an effort to confirm that.
    But I know he was only arrested one night for the posession charge.

But isnt resisting arrest different than domestic dispute?
    Drug posessions and domestic dispute are the only misdameanors im aware of to cause a denial, wich is why I was thinking it was his drug conviction.

I think a "drug abuser" can be denied sale... but I am unsure if misdemeanor possession equates to a drug abuser... I have never researched any of that to a great degree so maybe someone that knows the laws better can answer that..

Resisting arrest, maybe? Resisting arrest in some cases can be classified as a felony - so that *could* be the issue??

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    You have a link, other than hearsay, concerning their use? It should be noted that the inferred "use," by these presidents, wasn't typically recreational, but rather a medical alternative.

While many claims of people during that time could be considered hearsay - we do know that their own writings at least describe them growing hemp. While hemp was also used for fibers - given that it was commonly consumed - it is not a very large stretch. If it were recreational or medicinal would be another argument altogether, which I doubt based solely on their writings and accounts we could come to any conclusion on.

So, hearsay aside, we do know that they were definitely what we would classify as large scale growers... In our state today, their actions would be considered felonious activities.

Some, however, like Abraham Lincoln - admitted to smoking marijuana in his writings. During his presidency, Lincoln wrote that one of his "favorite things" was "sitting on [his] front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp".

If we are to want to limit it to concrete evidence, here are some men (and a woman) in recent times that have confirmed their marijuana use:

latest_obama.jpg
    "When I was a kid, I inhaled.""That was the point,"
    author-photo---george-w-bush.jpg
    "I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions. You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."

bill-clinton.jpg
    "I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and didn't like it. I didn't inhale and I didn't try it again."

SarahPalin411.jpg
    "I can't claim a Bill Clinton and say that I never inhaled,”

arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg
    'I didn't take any drugs...it's a leaf'.

john-kerry_2.jpg

John_Edwards128.JPG

author-photo---howard-dean.jpg

author-photo-newt-gingrich.jpg

Al_Gore.jpg

EdKoch-avatar.jpg

mitch_daniels

Notice that after Arnold, I became too tired to hunt down a quote for each individual... but a quick google query will yield it.

Since, unlike early American politicians, smoked while drugs were illegal - their actions could be considered criminal.

Should these people be denied ownership/possession of firearms, due to their admitted use of illicit drugs? If these people exercise their right to own/carry firearms, does it pose a risk to society?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If we are to want to limit it to concrete evidence, here are some men (and a woman) in recent times that have confirmed their marijuana use:

latest_obama.jpg
    "When I was a kid, I inhaled.""That was the point,"
    author-photo---george-w-bush.jpg
    "I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions. You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."

bill-clinton.jpg
    "I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and didn't like it. I didn't inhale and I didn't try it again."

SarahPalin411.jpg
    "I can't claim a Bill Clinton and say that I never inhaled,”

arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg
    'I didn't take any drugs...it's a leaf'.

john-kerry_2.jpg

John_Edwards128.JPG

author-photo---howard-dean.jpg

author-photo-newt-gingrich.jpg

Al_Gore.jpg

EdKoch-avatar.jpg

mitch_daniels

Notice that after Arnold, I became too tired to hunt down each individuals quote... but a quick google query will yield it.

Should these people be denied ownership/possession of firearms, due to their admitted use of illicit drugs? If these people exercise their right to own/carry firearms, does it pose a risk to society?

With the exception of Mitch, I think you just proved my point that Drug use = Dummies ;)

Top Bottom