• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thanks, as you can see it was dredged up recently with new replies.

There are still a couple of bad links but I am gonna post it as a playlist once I view it all.
    That will then play them all end to end smoothly so there won't be more than a single link to follow. :)

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Marijuana and guns just dont mix. I can see the argument that the government shouldnt tell us what we can do with our bodies but its more complex of an issue than that. No matter what we do with the laws regarding marijuana we will always face problems with substances like marijuana. I am glad to live in a place that we can change laws but sometimes just because we want to change them we have to use some wisdom because once we make decisions on laws its very very hard to change them again and we could end up worse off as a whole then we started off with. It seems to me that some are using idealistic approaches to issues and not looking at the whole picture.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Marijuana and guns just dont mix. I can see the argument that the government shouldnt tell us what we can do with our bodies but its more complex of an issue than that. No matter what we do with the laws regarding marijuana we will always face problems with substances like marijuana. I am glad to live in a place that we can change laws but sometimes just because we want to change them we have to use some wisdom because once we make decisions on laws its very very hard to change them again and we could end up worse off as a whole then we started off with. It seems to me that some are using idealistic approaches to issues and not looking at the whole picture.

Are you familiar with how and why weed became illegal in the first place? Here's a hint: it had nothing to do with safety or societal problems. It had everything to do with money and greed.

If our politicians used the same wisdom you demand when they passed laws in the first place, we'd have far, far less of them. But instead, they give each other some harumphs, pass the collection plate to those who are paying for influence, and ram stupid laws down our throats that do nobody any good except for themselves and those who donated to them.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

I agree they don't mix, just as alcohol and guns don't mix either. If you want to own guns, sure, I think you should be able to. If you want to kick off your shoes after a 12 hour shift at the factory, light up a joint and relax, fine, that doens't bother me. Wanna have a glass of wine with your dinner? Do it. You're not hurting anyone.

Just don't mix those things :)

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    I agree they don't mix, just as alcohol and guns don't mix either. If you want to own guns, sure, I think you should be able to. If you want to kick off your shoes after a 12 hour shift at the factory, light up a joint and relax, fine, that doens't bother me. Wanna have a glass of wine with your dinner? Do it. You're not hurting anyone.

Just don't mix those things :)
    Kinda like cars & weed... Eh, Duderino?!:p
    [video=youtube;Fl7o1EB0sYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Fl7o1EB0sYI[/video]

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Are you familiar with how and why weed became illegal in the first place? Here's a hint: it had nothing to do with safety or societal problems. It had everything to do with money, racism and greed.

If our politicians used the same wisdom you demand when they passed laws in the first place, we'd have far, far less of them. But instead, they give each other some harumphs, pass the collection plate to those who are paying for influence, and ram stupid laws down our throats that do nobody any good except for themselves and those who donated to them.
    FTFY, you left one out.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Sorry, I guess I never made a playlist, I just watched all the vids. My bad.

If by money and greed you mean Federal Jobs, you are correct. If not then you need to reread some history.

In any case I have made myself pretty clear on what I think about marijuana and why it should be legalized.
    The government needs to make a few good choices and I hope legalizing Marijuana is the first of many.

Stop thinking about guns and MJ for a while and think about BEER or other booze and firearms.

WHY do you folks think that marijuana users will be worse around firearms than alcohol users? I've not seen one study on people who smoke and shoot or smoke and drive for that matter so where does this keep coming from anyway? I doubt many here have a problem with someone having a fridge full of beer along with a safe full of firearms. So how is that any different from having a bag of pot and a safe full of firearms?

INTOXICANTS in general & Firearms are a bad mix. Adding this to the argument isn't really thinking clearly since I doubt anyone here thinks it's OK to be wasted on anything and be handling firearms. All you're really doing is muddying the waters, your point s moot. So how about your real reasons for feeling that Marijuana is so evil vs Alcohol which is apparently just fine?

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It wasn't just "federal jobs." If you think that's all the greed there was YOU need a history lesson. You need to learn who was lobbying against marijuana and why.

Marijuana should never have been made illegal in the first place.

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I don't like potheads. I don't like drunks for that matter. However, the war on drugs should be ended.

The use and abuse rates have not changed between before drug bans went into effect, and after. That shows them to be ineffective. However, those laws have ben effective in wasting refuses, militarizing the police, incarcerating citizens at one of the highest rates in the world and breeding a massive, wealthy criminal underground that has caused misery and corruption the world over. At least alcohol prohibition was relatively brief, the drug war have been the Hundred Years War so far with no end in sight.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It wasn't just "federal jobs." If you think that's all the greed there was YOU need a history lesson. You need to learn who was lobbying against marijuana and why.

Marijuana should never have been made illegal in the first place.

Honestly, I have read all the history and can't figure out what you're talking about but at least we're on the same side of this one. :)

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Honestly, I have read all the history and can't figure out what you're talking about but at least we're on the same side of this one. :)

I've read and heard that the biggest lobbying groups were chemical companies who were afraid of what the natural products would do to their synthetics business.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Explain this to me: Everyone that drinks isn't an alcoholic. Why (according to so many of you on this thread) is anyone that smokes pot automatically a pothead?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Explain this to me: Everyone that drinks isn't an alcoholic. Why (according to so many of you on this thread) is anyone that smokes pot automatically a pothead?
    This is something I have asked too. Seems that all asking does is make them say it more often.

Same goes with handling firearms while "stoned". If you handle them drunk, is that OK? Of course not, so what makes people think that anyone feels the smoking of marijuana equals firearms while stoned automatically? How is it different from people who drink? Does a person drinking automatically mean they are headed to the range to bust a few caps?

Top Bottom