• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Watched an interesting documentary on weed several weeks ago and M-O-N-E-Y is the exact reason the government doesn't want it around.

By the way, "Reefer Madness" is hilarious!
    It's ALWAYS about the money.

My son (17) watched Reefer Madness and was stunned when I told him it wasn't meant to be funny. He thought it was a great comedy.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A few thoughts on the subject:
    1. If you're "impaired": driving a car, handling a loaded weapon, making life and death decisions and choosing a spouse should be avoided.
    2. It is about the money.
    3. The people who run the drug trade are not nice people.
    4. Setting something on fire, then breathing the smoke deeply into your lungs has been proven to be bad for you.
    5. Anslinger was nuts.
    6. The American Farmer could grow pot on a scale to make it really cheap, but the federal government will get involved and mess it up. (see #2 and #5)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A few thoughts on the subject:
    1. If you're "impaired": driving a car, handling a loaded weapon, making life and death decisions and choosing a spouse should be avoided.
    2. It is about the money.
    3. The people who run the drug trade are not nice people.
    4. Setting something on fire, then breathing the smoke deeply into your lungs has been proven to be bad for you.
    5. Anslinger was nuts.
    6. The American Farmer could grow pot on a scale to make it really cheap, but the federal government will get involved and mess it up. (see #2 and #5)

That's dangerous ground even when completely sober.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    by the grace of God I was able to quit my marijuana addiction. of course I wasn't physically addicted to it, but it had it's grip on me mentally for almost 20 years. numerous things went into my decision to quit: having a child, the money it cost me, and wanting to own and carry gun(s). I couldn't reconcile having an illegal drug in my home or on me with my child present and while owning and carrying a gun. I must say that being "sober" is a wonderful thing. I have more energy and more motivation to do the right things and to progress my career and make the right choices in life. If pot were legal and not so strong (maybe came in a "light" or "mild" form) then I would possibly partake at a concert or the occasional weekend with friends, etc...but as it stands now, living the sober life has been amazing. I don't judge those who do smoke and I do wish it could be legalized for numerous reasons. I wouldn't go back to being a daily smoker if it were legalized but it would sure change things for a lot of people. the stigma attached to it is unfairly negative. I've watched alcohol kill friends and family members and I can honestly say that if they were smokers instead of drinkers...they'd probably still be alive.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yea, the government with it's big and all powerful DEA, FBI, ATF, and billions of wasted tax dollars have not stopped POT. I mean, they can't stop murder either but I just think we need to concentrate on the bigger things like murder, armed robbery, rape, home invasion and quit trying to protect people against themselves. Amazing how many people are in prison for drug offenses yet they can't find enough reasons to let the rapist or murders out so they can do it again.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Meanwhile let's all have a beer. Wow, you guys take the cake. There is a lot of medical evidence showing marijuana is far better for you than booze yet none of you have any trouble getting puking drunk. The difference is a law? Ever look into how this law came about? Seems when Prohibition ended a bunch of Revenuers were faced with unemployment so they had to find something new to criminalize. Marijuana seemed to work out and so we suddenly had such classics as Reefer Madness showing us all the evils of pot smoking. Prior to this there wasn't a thing wrong with a little weed smoking, or a little Laudanum for that matter. You could pop into any drug store and grab a bottle off the shelf or find some weed or Cocaine to use with no trouble as it was all legal and no one was robbing or killing to score.

The US Government created the drug problem so that they could create jobs, plain and simple. We continue to throw away BILLIONS of dollars on a "War" we cannot and will never win. We jail people along with real criminals so when they come out they too know more how to be better criminals. They go in some poor slob who was just trying to get a buzz and come out felons without hope of ever getting a job so they are faced with a life of crime or a life of poverty.

I do hope one day this country grows up enough to legalize marijuana at least. Tax it like tobacco and alcohol and use the money to help balance the budget. The allure will go away and you will find that most children are only wanting to try or do the stuff because it is illegal. Forbidden Fruit has been humanity's downfall since Eden after all, why should that suddenly change? When I see all these posts saying "No Illegal Drugs for me!" I have to wonder if it is the booze that has killed all the brain cells making people unable to see beyond what they are fed by the government. For a group of people who claim to be free thinkers who question authority and check their facts it sure does strike me odd that this subject's Kool-Aide is freely swallowed and accepted as fact without question so often.

OK, I'm done.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    So now that I have read all of the thread let me add this...

Not many go to the range drunk, what makes those of you think marijuana users are less responsible than alcohol users when it comes to firearms? I see a lot of a stoned person can still fondle. handle or whatever else a gun and this scare me stuff, so can a drunk, this apparently doesn't scare you? It does me. What is it about marijuana that makes so many of you get so upset? Lack of experience with it? Read some of those folks who have used it, like me.

I cannot remember a single time I felt like fighting let alone shooting someone while stoned. I can remember a number of times getting arrested for fighting while drunk. Seems to me that alcohol is the real problem when it comes to violence, not pot. I would feel far safer if things were reversed in fact with alcohol being illegal and pot being legal.

God has no trouble with a person toking a doobie. The Bible is quite clear on the subject of all things intoxicating. What God hates is someone who uses to excess. Someone who gets blasted all the time, this is where He gets angry and would like it to stop. See, when you do this it is like worshiping an idol and God hates Idolators. God is the one who gets the glory, all your worship and all your time and effort & not some worldly "thing". 'nuff said on that.

Backyard gardens, face it they tax food in many states and interstate sales and sales across country borders have tariffs yet folks seem OK with the idea of a backyard garden growing a few tomatoes, squash, pepper plants or what not. How does the government know how much you grew and therefore what to charge you since this is not going to be spent in you grocery budget and therefore will cause a shortfall in taxes and tariffs? Answer: they don't care as long as it is only for personal use and you aren't trying to sell your stuff and start a business.

As for how weed and the rest became illegal in the first place, it has exactly nothing to do with oil companies. Do your work and read your history. It has to do with federal jobs and those that wold have been lost when Prohibition ended. Period. There is no doubt this has expanded to encompass many other reasons now but the root cause was the end of Prohibition and the potential lay off of all those Revenuers. Even now the idea of trying to legalize drugs, even marijuana has much to do with JOBS. There are hundreds of FBI agents, thousands of BATFE & DEA agents & local and state drug enforcement officers with one job, getting drugs off the streets. What would they do if we suddenly legalized drugs? Fight other crime? Not a chance. They'd loose their jobs and have to find a new line of work and that ain't gonna happen. There is a slim chance of getting marijuana legalized. May God Bless us and allow it to happen. Otherwise I don't even pretend there is a snowball's chance in hell for anything else in the foreseeable future and I honestly think that's a good thing too.

Look up the research folks, pot is actually better for you than drinking booze. So if you want or need something to wind down at the end of the day, marijuana is by far the better choice over a beer or shot of tequila. Even smoking it is better for you than drinking booze. Smoking pot is far easier on your lungs than tobacco so lets see those hands smokers. You'd all be better off hitting a doobie that smoking all those coffin nails. As was stated before, you can also eat it in you food or vaporize the essential oils if smoking isn't for you. There is nothing wrong with marijuana other than what has been fed into you with the whole "Just Say No" routine.

I have chronic pain in my back, hips and knees. I wish I were able to smoke a few hits of marijuana every night to relive my pain and let me sleep but so far it remains illegal. Before everyone's children was stealing pain meds, before Rush Limbaugh got himself hooked on Oxycodone and decided to blame the drug an his doctor rather than take responsibility for it himself, I admit to taking a hit or two every night for my pain. With all the new regs though, I can't since now they make me pee in a cup to get refills of my "legitimate" pain meds which don't work near as well. Even my doctor admits he would allow me medicinal marijuana if he was allowed to prescribe it FEDERALLY since so far I haven't gotten any real relief from regular pain meds like opiates or methadone. So I guess I am personally involved with this one As are others like cancer patients, AIDS patients and other folks who are either in a lot of pain or aren't able to eat due to nausea and other things that marijuana can effectively treat. So next time you are demonizing this little plant, think of all the cancer, chronic pain, AIDS patients and other people who can get far better relief from their woes from it than they get now from "conventional" treatment. Just as I don't go to the range or handle my firearms or drive when I am having a bad pain day and must take a bunch of pain meds, I wouldn't do so if I hit the pipe a little. I try to keep what I need in the house and if it is one of those times when I haven't done the shopping yet and I am twisted up with pain, I get Chinese Delivered. :cool:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I think all the firearm manufacturers are saying is read the manual before handling firearms. It's not the person who doesn't smoke and drink while using firearms that's bad. The manufacturers are the ones who write the manuals. Take it up with them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom