• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Considering the current craze, you don't really get the benefit of being able to sit something on the shelf and stew it over.

I'd imagine the store owner assumed you'd know this, and some misunderstanding probably took place.

Either way, only one gun shop in this state has ever managed to **** me off enough to never return, and it's ashame since they're so close and were awesome when they first opened.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh man, I live in Fort Wayne. I did some research awhile back on LGS in our town and there is one that all posts (not on INGO) listed as the owner having a sour disposition. They all said if you know what you want and come into buy great but don't go to browse and if you ask the owner about a gun he does not like he will give you an ear full. I have not gone to that shop yet. I think I have been to all of the rest. Send me a private msg so I can stay way from the one you had a bad time with. I will not out the store as I feel the same about dissing a place to the world.

OR -

PM me, I'll go there and confirm your story, or maybe just buzz around in this guy's bonnet. :D

Georgia A Hines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Stick around and pay them no heed. There have been many post up lately just stirring the pile and looking to get in the classifieds with their 50 posts.

WHAT was that you said? 50 posts ????You surely have to be stretching the truth here. Tell me you are! I will never make it to fifty. I know no one on here to pass wind with. I am looking for a pistol and if I find it, I will not be allowed to get it because ...... Thats wrong .. :xmad:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    WHAT was that you said? 50 posts ????You surely have to be stretching the truth here. Tell me you are! I will never make it to fifty. I know no one on here to pass wind with. I am looking for a pistol and if I find it, I will not be allowed to get it because ...... Thats wrong .. :xmad:

No, it isn't wrong at all. INGO is a gun community that has a trading area as a perk for contributing members. It isn't a gun-for-sale forum. If that's what you are looking for, Armslist and GunBroker are for you. In order to access the trading area, you have to be considered a "contributing" member of the board. That takes one of two forms. Either post 50 quality/non-junk posts, thereby contributing some amount of intelligent content or pay some money to become a site supporter and help pay for the servers that make this site possible.

You can find more info about both of those options here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html#post187173

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Since my LGS know me, I have no problem asking them to hold a firearm for a couple of days until I can get in to the Store. I have always bought the firearem.

It is good to develop a positive relationship with your LGS. Very seldom do I question their pricing. I want them to stay in business a long time.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Used to go in a really small gun shop in Jeffersonville, it is gone now. The owner was nice enough, but had a condescending attitude. Really pee'd me off a couple of times but I am good at holding my tongue. Never stopped going there always on lookout for a deal. Bought a Whitworth 375 H&H mag with Leupold scope, Whitworth detachable rings, express fixed sights, killer piece of wood for a stock. $495 out the door.

Sold the scope for $175 to my nephew. Shot the gun some, sold it at a gunshot before I got in the door for $750.

$430 profit made me smile next time I went there.

Don

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    *sniff* *sniff* Smells like Ed Hirschey to me!!!

Can somebody from the Fort Wayne area *please* pm me and tell me their guess for what store the OP is talking about. I'm wanting to find a G26 or Beretta Nano and I don't want to waste my time shopping at a LGS with this kind of attitude.

Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Can somebody from the Fort Wayne area *please* pm me and tell me their guess for what store the OP is talking about. I'm wanting to find a G26 or Beretta Nano and I don't want to waste my time shopping at a LGS with this kind of attitude.

Hirschy is out in Auburn for the most part so chances are you can find something at a shop closer to Fort Wayne, or head to the gun show at K's coming up this weekend.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    That's ridiculous, Ron from His and Her's Target Sports kept his word on a price he quoted me, and that was a few days after, when I came back I looked for the gun, and couldn't find it. He had it on the shelf behind the counter in a corner... I had walked up to the counter to ask him if he still had it, and saw it. I don't see why the guy at your LGS would screw you over on a deal you made.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    That's ridiculous, Ron from His and Her's Target Sports kept his word on a price he quoted me, and that was a few days after, when I came back I looked for the gun, and couldn't find it. He had it on the shelf behind the counter in a corner... I had walked up to the counter to ask him if he still had it, and saw it. I don't see why the guy at your LGS would screw you over on a deal you made.

FWIW Ron Cooper at His and Her's Target Sports in Sheridan has always been good on his word to me...even when it clearly wasn't 50/50 in his favor. :+1:Ron!

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg

It's probably H&H Firearms. I've never had any good experiences there. The only reason I would step foot inside their place was to use the range or buy something that none of my regular shops had in stock and were unable to order it.

Top Bottom