• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    No offense meant OP

Every time I see a post like this I find myself wondering what the other side of the story is. We are so quick to jump on the bandwagon as if posting it on a forum means you are never wrong, rude, or just misunderstood something.

OP, you haven't been around long so I don't mean to include you in this but..............if you are universally mistreated, maybe it's you.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Just take your business elsewhere. Businesses with bad attitudes generally don't last, nor do employees sales people with bad attitudes.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    If I'm mad enough to go on and post about it I'd name it. Lets face it, in the world of LGS's it's hard to find good ones. I think everyone on here looks out for each other for the most part. I think shops like this need to be held accountable for poor service. I've never understood how a business could operate this way in today's "whine first" climate. Just my two cents, but if someone did that to me I'd post the name to warn the others on here of their practices.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    May not be the store policy as much as an employee with a bad attitude. Did you talk to the manager or owner? He might see the situation much differently. In any case, you still have other places to buy from.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Assuming this madness stops, wonder how many of these shops will regret their current pricing/customer service one day?

I have personally crossed 3 places off my list, luckily my fav. LGS had continued to be great!

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Do we know if this particular shop does or does not sharpen axes? :dunno:

The store should be named so the owner can be axed to weigh in on this issue.

I disagree. If the shop is a site supporter the high post count fan boys will be all over the "noob". It's a no win situation. Just spend money elsewhere.

Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Not in my nature to bad mouth, that's why I'm not naming the store. Like i said i just wanted to share my experience, i was frustrated and needed to vent. The salesperson was the owner/manager, that's what made me so angry. If it were an employee I would have definitly wanted to speak to a manager. Also, there really is no other side to the story, I didn't say or do anything that would make him act like that. I just told him I wanted to think about it for a day. Now I won't return. I think if i would have bought something from him it would have been all flowers and sunshine but since I didn't buy anything, he kind of shrugged me off. I have never been treated like that anywhere, gun store or not. Very rude!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree we've only heard one side of the story. Unfortunately for the LGS owner, should the OP decide to name it, this is how word-of-mouth reputation is either built up or torn down.

To the OP's defense though, I've known a number of store owners that just do not get how to deal with the public--why they ever decided to go into retail business amazes me.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I've seen several threads bashing LGS I've visited in the last couple weeks, odd, I was greeted and asked if they could help me after about two steps in the door, usually I just say no or I'm looking for a whatever. I did see a few people try to strike up conversation with about 30 people in a shop big enough for 10, then get shot down. I wonder if they realize its not the time to stop and talk with people who are obviously busy with paying customers. Not directed at the op at all, I think if I was talked to like that I would have walked to, but sometimes people are rude and want 100% of the employees and owners attention, then come on here crying because they wouldn't stand around and talk to them. The way things are I'm pleased just to be acknowledged!

Top Bottom