• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Back in the day, when Pop's was located at 10'th and Mitthoeffer, I spotted an American made 20ga double barrel. (my weakness). I pointed at it and commented " that looks like a nice double". The owner stopped, turned to look at it and said, "yes it is". Then promply waited on the guy that walked in 1 minute after I did. I'll give you 3 guesses why I have bought over 75 firearms at Bradis, and not 1 at Pops................Go ahead......guess

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I prefer outdoor ranges as well but my wife likes indoor shooting. I enjoy wilbur wright...just wish they had a longer rifle range. It will make her feel better knowing it was just not her. My dad buys more guns than me and he refuses to go there now. It cost them several big sales. Thanks for the suggestions.

cmcate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Greenfield
    I went to Pop's a few weeks ago to look at an XD (that I eventually bought at Bradis I might add :)). There was two guys working, one checking people in to the range and one on the floor. There was probably 5-6 people in the store looking around. The gentleman on the floor was talking with a guy for 10-15 minutes. I assumed he was on hold waiting for this guy's background check to be completed. I waited patientily behind the "customer", and made eye contact with the sales associate several times. He had to have known I needed help. After about 15 minutes I finally asked the salesman if there was anyone else working the floor that could help me, since he was busy. He replies "oh I'm not busy, I'm just talking with my friend."

I guess talking with his friend took priority over the other five people in his store. Don't get me wrong though, I've had a few good experiences at Pop's. The bad definitely outweigh the good though

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    I don't know anything about pops, but personality and attitude means a lot when I'm spending my money! I will spend a few bucks extra to deal with a vendor that acts like they value my business. Rude or cocky people lose my business in a hurry even if they are cheaper. Luckily, all the gun shops in my area treat you pretty nice. I was at Midwest Gun & Range (elkhart) this past weekend. We were shooting at their indoor range and gun shopping, they were awesome! Very friendly and helpful, I will certainly reward them with my business in the future!

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have never went to Pops where I didn't get a crappy or suspicious attitude from them. And God help you to get some service while you're there. It's like pulling teeth just to get one of them to talk to you. Then when they do come over, they act like you just kicked their dog or something. You pretty much have to yell out "I'm ready to buy this!" To get one of them over to you. It's like they have a superiority complex and they just look down their noses at their customers. I've never gotten this kind of attitude from Bradis. The guys at KS&E are a couple of characters, but they have been fair and honest every time I've bought from them.

This doesn't surprise me a bit. Heaven forbid somebody come to their store to buy something. I never go to POPs anymore.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    My rankings for gun purchase

1. Beech Grove Firearms = excellent customer service, no pressure
    2. Bradis = excellent customer service, no pressure
    3. PPS & Elmores = tie lots of guns
    4. everybody else

I only use Pops for the range, nothing else

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    a buddy told me that braddis does price matching too. Can anyone confirm that?

They will certainly do their best to do so! :yesway:

To the OP:

So, let me get this straight? They gave your wife a hard time and acted like :poop: heads when she bought the gun because they thought it might be a straw purchase, but they sold it to her anyway? :dunno:

I may be a bit of a fanboy but ever since the first day I stepped foot into Bradis, I've been treated like royalty. They earned my fanboy status. They'll let you hold whatever you want, usually have enough staff to take care of everyone, they'll ask YOU if you want help, etc.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    oh ya, they sold it to her but my dad got rude back and said it was for him. It was a nice christmas gift but it turned her away from wanting to do it again. I like the range though mainly because there isn't another one close. I thought that maybe they were just sexist but I guess they hate men too.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    From PopGuns' website...

POPGUNS takes a woman's self defense very seriously!
    lady.jpg
    Often a "gun store" can be seen as an intimidating place. Especially so for a woman who may never have considered a firearm purchase before. Please relax and don't worry! Talk to us and you'll soon find we take a woman's personal safety very seriously, but without a hint of intimidation or the "tough sell". We will find something that you need - not something that we need to sell. If you're local and you need information about a city approved shooting range, how to get a permit, or how to safely store your firearm at home, our knowledgeable, helpful and friendly staff can help. Talk to POPGUNS first - you'll be glad you did!​

Top Bottom