• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd rather my vehicles go unnoticed. An INGO sticker somewhere would be nice to have, but an obvious gun related sticker would have more potential to bring bad than attrack good.

WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    I prefer to keep a low profile. I also dont understand why everone feels the need to keep their GPS unit up in the window. You mine as well put a sign up that reads. All crack heads this way for a quick smash and grap for your next fix.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    First of all you do not keep anything of value in plain site. That's why they make glove boxes, center consoles, etc. That way you put things like cell phones, etc out of plain site. Saying having a gun sticker is going to attract thieves, or even LEO's. Is like saying that if you OC, you have a better chance of being targeted during a robbery. Or LEO's are going to harass you. You say having gun stickers draws unneeded attention, well people who CC will say the same thing. Or wearing a political t-shirt may cause you to get attacked verbally, or physically. Heck by crossing a street you are taking a chance of maybe getting hit. We take chances every day of our lives. Something may happen, and it may not. It's not science, there are no numbers to back it. So if you want to sport a gun sticker go for it. If you want to OC go for it. If you want to cross the street go for it. There are chances taken in all three choices. My :twocents:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I have an INGO sticker on my truck. I've never been a bumper sticker person. I believe in most cases the common thief won't even notice. There are too many "what ifs" in this world to worry about.

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    No thanks.I only have one sticker and it is for a car forum. I would never put an Ingo sticker or any type of gun shop sticker on my car even

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I will add that I do have an EMT sticker on the lower left of the rear window of my car...PO's usually ask me how I'm doing today, first, before discussing whatever law (usually speeding) that I've broken...it's helped with a few traffic stops.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    not in Indiana, unless your in it and in fear of severe bodily harm or death.

Close.

There is no requirement in IN that you be in fear of SBI to use deadly force to stop someone from carjacking you. The only requirement is that deadly force be a reasonable action to prevent ther person from attacking your occupied vehicle.

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    It's a bad idea. I love Glocks, but don't own any glock apparel or stickers. Low key is the best policy. And when I see stickers announcing that this person owns a gun, I just shake my head. Why put a bullseye on yourself?

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I have a couple stickers in my back window.

Both are white ovals, one is lower left, one is lower right.

"223"

"308"

No one has said a word to me about them nor do most people have any idea I think.

But that's as far as I'd push it. Anyone who knows will know and they might try to smash and grab.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Got one in the back window of my truck, never lock it, nothing in it to steal, never been vandalized...but have noticed people while driving getting closer to see...then backing off....its a human target siluette with holes in it, "Body piercing by .45 ACP"

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I have to go with everyone else who said a sticker would probably be a bad idea. I do have an NRA sticker in a fairly unnoticeable spot that can barely be seen through my factory tinted windows. Not even sure why I did that now that I think about it.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I like to annoy the liberals. NRA and American flag stickers in the back window of my Ford work for me. If driving an American car with an American flag and NRA sticker brings out the nut-jobs............so be it-I make no apologies.So far-not a problem.:patriot:

loki.fish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I got to page 4 and everything started looking the same. But here's my opinion on it:

On a forum a few years ago, somebody made a comment about how hard it would be to track somebody based on their forum name. Within 48 hours, the guy who made that comment was getting a phone call from another forum member proving to him that you can indeed find out quite a bit about a person with such little information.

Basically, if you're on the internet, your personal information can and probably has been found. So the argument of not advertising with stickers and such is kind of moot. I'd guess a majority of gun owners aren't very tech savvy, so they don't understand the limitless options afforded to crimininals via the web.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I have a sticker on that back of my car that says "God, Guns, and Guts Made America Free" with an American flag between the God, Guns and Guts and the Made America Free. I like it because it doesn't necessarily yell out 'OOH THERE'S A WEAPON IN THE CAR' but it still voices my views and opinions quite nicely :patriot:

Top Bottom