• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Aren't most criminals stupid anyway? I bet they wouldn't even make the connection unless they actually saw a firearm.

Many don't have a formal education but few are stupid. They have street smarts that would surprise many here. Yes, there will always be the stupid ones who make the "Stupid Criminal" show on Spike but for every stupid one there are dozens who know what they are doing. Guns are just like cash on the streets and many criminals will do their homework to target firearms.

A vehicle smash and grab is not what I worry about. Someone seeing the NRA/S&W/Colt/etc sticker on my car and following me home to case my house does worry me. Many of these guys are professionals and for them it is all about location, location, location.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I wouldn't use the sticker you used as an example, because it doesn't portray my personality. I wouldn't say that to someone, so it wouldn't be right for me. Now, I support the 2nd Amendment, INGO, and the NRA, which are welcome on my car or home, in a tasteful manner.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    To add to it, when I buy new, I make the dealership remove any of their stickers and plate holders. No ID of any kind on my vehicles.

Criminals are not by definition stupid, they just use their intelect to do evil, not good. Out of sight out of mind is how you avoid conflict. Otherwise we would not care if the newspapers published CCW holder lists.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Wonder how this thread would jive together with open carry band wagon if some one were to compare past comments?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't and won't do it...why advertise? In public, I keep my gun/carry information to myself...it maintains the element of 'surprise'!

:+1:
    I do have an INGO sticker on my truck, but that is why I really wanted it because it doesnt say anything about a gun on it. If people arent on INGO then they have no idea what it means. If it said anything about guns on it I never would have gotten it. I would love a shirt the same style.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I do not think stickers make your vehicle any more of a target, just as carrying in the open does. Because if you carry in the open is it not in fact the same thing? They both send a message right? To me it is. The only actual gun sticker I have is a "**** on gun control" I have never had any problem is the three years I have had it. It does not attract cops, thief's, road rager's etc. Other then that I just have my Ingo, don't tread on me, and coast guard sticker. My :twocents:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Pretty good comments so far. I'm in the "I don't want to advertise" camp. But I don't put any decals, well I do gave my car clubs, or stickers on my cars. No matter how innocent a decal may seem to you there is some azzhat that will be offended by it. I think the gun decals invite break ins, Anti Obama decals cause flats and keying of paint and Pot Leaves cause a closer look by the cops. Why invite more trouble. JMO

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The only thing that ID's me as a gun owner is my INGO sticker and it's sorta lost when you look at the back window.

Old picture from 14 months ago when the garage door decided to come back down on me as I was backing out (fixed in May 09 courtesy of Diamond Collision, shameless plug) I do have a Bob & Tom Q95 sticker on the right lower side that now balances everything out.:D

RepairO10762-1.jpg

RepairO10762.jpg

Last edited:

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I'm with Jack and Joe. I O/C and have gun stickers on my truck. I'm not having any issues with my manhood, nor am I trying to make any type of social/anti-social statement, other than I'm a gun owner. Do you have a flagpole? Do you display your flag daily? How about a tattoo? Wear a Harley t shirt? Do these thing say something about who you are?

I don't leave anything in my truck for anyone to steal. I never get lost, I don't need a GPS ( somebodys always telling me were to go), whats the point in having a cell phone and leaving it in the car, why carry a gun to the car and leave it there? You have a licence to carry, do it, otherwise, leave it in the safe.

If you don't have stickers, do you CC or even carry, except to the range?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm with Jack and Joe. I O/C and have gun stickers on my truck. I'm not having any issues with my manhood, nor am I trying to make any type of social/anti-social statement, other than I'm a gun owner. Do you have a flagpole? Do you display your flag daily? How about a tattoo? Wear a Harley t shirt? Do these thing say something about who you are?

I don't leave anything in my truck for anyone to steal. I never get lost, I don't need a GPS ( somebodys always telling me were to go), whats the point in having a cell phone and leaving it in the car, why carry a gun to the car and leave it there? You have a licence to carry, do it, otherwise, leave it in the safe.

If you don't have stickers, do you CC or even carry, except to the range?

I guess this thread ties in with our being "permitted" to lock our guns in the car while at work? I don't know, but either way I agree that a sticker simply says who/what we support.

I think a criminal would rather follow one of those fancy German cars home rather than mine, if they are looking for a place to case.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Well that's kind of interesting. You cannot defend property with deadly force, but the sticker implies you would.

I thought you could defend your vehicle with deadly force:dunno:

not in Indiana, unless your in it and in fear of severe bodily harm or death.

Well, one thing you need to consider is that if you are DEFENDING your property then you must be present in order to do so. Therefore, if a criminal "sees a sticker on my car and breaks in to steal my guns" and I see him...when he turns around and has my weapon pointed at me then I would consider that a threat.

....Good thing I ALWAYS have a weapon on my person to defend myself.

Top Bottom