• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Well, I don't want to open another thread since my question relates to this issue.
    Just this evening, I along with lots of help moved my safe to my new home. Where it is now being located is a old school (1953) hardwood flooring with new carpet on top of that. My question is what's the best way to anchor the safe to the floor without damaging the new carpet?

On a side note, I will never move that safe again. If I ever have a reason to move again the safe goes with the house and I will get a new one. No idea what it actually weighs but it's a Cannon (40wx24dx72h) and took 4 of us to maneuver it and moving a block and a half took 2 hours to get moved and in position.
    A slightly smaller Cannon weighs 490lbs, so I bet you're pushing 600lbs.

If you're sure you'll hit a floor joist, drill a pilot hole and use a lag bolt. If you won't be hitting a joist (or not 100% sure) use a toggle anchor like this.

Regardless, do some research on running a drill bit into the kind of carpet you have, so you don't have a similar experience as @WebSnyper. My brother used to install safes and gave me a heads up, thankfully no issues here.

Top Bottom